Is SHARE being phased out?

LewesBeach

Wow, I wonder where I've been -- I'm elite and have never heard of or noticed 'Share'. Every ship has had a Sabitini's, though. My signature stating cruises is not up to date, most recent cruises were December 2016 and March 2017.......

SHARE is only on the Ruby, Emerald and Sun.

Hi guys. Sabatini's is being updated throughout the fleet -- both decor and menu. (The new menu will roll out at some point before the summer, from what I'm told.) I emailed Princess' PR folks this morning to ask about Share. Response: "There are no plans to phase out SHARE by Curtis Stone."

Hope this helps solve the mystery.

Hi guys. Sabatini's is being updated throughout the fleet -- both decor and menu. (The new menu will roll out at some point before the summer, from what I'm told.) I emailed Princess' PR folks this morning to ask about Share. Response: "There are no plans to phase out SHARE by Curtis Stone."

Thanks! That's good news for us. We really enjoyed SHARE. The price point is a little higher than I like but we booked an upcoming cruise on the Ruby specifically because we wanted to do SHARE again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information & based on a previous post that he has a 5 year contract SHARE will be around until then.

That's encouraging news about Sabatini's but not sure what changing the decor will accomplish & would prefer that money be used instead to greatly improve their menu. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

That's encouraging news about Sabatini's but not sure what changing the decor will accomplish & would prefer that money be used instead to greatly improve their menu. ;)

I'm a dude. So, decor never is very high in my consideration. How many times, though, have you read reports here on Cruise Critic of venues "looking tired" or comments about carpet or upholstery stains? That means that Princess does have to occasionally replace the interiors. The way corporations work, the marketing group always gets input into all decisions that involve the customers' impressions. So, the rationale is that if you "update" the appearance you will attract new and (Who's kidding who?) younger clients. Is that valid logic? I don't know, but it does seem to be conventional marketing thinking.

I agree with you on wanting the menu update. We, generally, dine in Sabatini's multiple times on each cruise, and we have been through the menu multiple times. So, obviously, we enjoy it . There is nothing bad on the menu, but I really feel that most of the dishes (entrees, especially) could use a major injection of Mediterranean flavor.

We will be on the Ruby this October. I saw where the Share restaurant was. I went online to the

Princess website to view the menu out of curiosity.

I do not eat fish but the DH does. I found the menu to say the least, interesting.

We will most likely give it a try. Maybe if we drink enough wine it will be a good food adventure :D

BTW, on our last cruise I fell in love with Curtis Stone's chicken pot pie in the MDR. I was very good in my

humble opinion and wish it was an option in the Share restaurant.

We will be on the Ruby this October. I saw where the Share restaurant was. I went online to the

I do not eat fish but the DH does. I found the menu to say the least, interesting.

We will most likely give it a try. Maybe if we drink enough wine it will be a good food adventure :D

BTW, on our last cruise I fell in love with Curtis Stone's chicken pot pie in the MDR. I was very good in my

What do you mean by: " I found the menu to say the least, interesting.,"

It's not clear to me, what you mean. Sorry, I don't understand.

Do you mean you like or dislike the menu?

Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise. And if God wills, grant you good health, and to live and not die before your cruise.

"I cruise to eat healthy food, so I can live longer."

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I read somewhere, but can't find it now - that they are starting to phase out Curtis Stone's "Share" and replace it with a revamped Sabatini's. Is this true? Will the Sabatinis on all ships be changed?

Love Share and hate Sabatini's. please NO!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Sabatini'a decor update, unfortunately, isn't surprising. Seems Corporate America thinks making everything the same "understated elegance" of medium to dark woods, muted tones, and brass accents is the way to go. It's now only the quality of the finishings that varies depending on how upscale the brand is - the look is becoming ubiquitous...

It is a major revenue issue. When speaking to the head waiter, they indicated more than half of the people dining in Share were not paying for their meals (suites free dinner the first night, free dinner with booking promotions, etc.....). The head waiter could not wait to get rid of the restaurant.

Of course the head waiter makes all the decisions on behalf of P.C.L

Of course the head waiter makes all the decisions on behalf of P.C.L

No, never intended to say that. He indicated that he and his staff are marked down due to low attendance and poor reviews of the food and experience.

No, never intended to say that. He indicated that he and his staff are marked down due to low attendance and poor reviews of the food and experience.

But that would be the same for all specialty restaurants. 2 years ago (Europe cruises) staff were almost on their knees trying to get people in to Sabatinis with 2for1 and free wine offers for all days and all times.

If staff are marked down then on my Emerald cruises last year the SHARE staff will have got excellent reports from many passengers whereas the Crown Grill staff and service did not.

I also thought the chicken pot pie was very good, as was the belly pork.

If you do try SHARE, then give the beef cheek pie a try, best tasting thing I had eaten for a long time.

When we were on the Emerald the staff was pushing SHARE so hard is became comical. At every turn they would be telling the people just how great the place was & the fantastic time they recently experienced eating there.

Anyone could see through the facade of their raves.

What do you mean "concept"? Share is just the name of the restaurant. You don't share your dishes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, actually, when it was first advertised "share(ing)" was their concept. It was well stated in the video and the words that you could share your food with your fellow table mates or just eat your own. Once they realized that people didn't want to share their food with family members let alone strangers they dropped that part from the Share video. Trust me, Curtis Stone DID say that the concept was to share your food. That was the whole point of the name. Otherwise, what do you think the name Share is standing for?

Well, actually, when it was first advertised "share(ing)" was their concept. It was well stated in the video and the words that you could share your food with your fellow table mates or just eat your own. Once they realized that people didn't want to share their food with family members let alone strangers they dropped that part from the Share video. Trust me, Curtis Stone DID say that the concept was to share your food. That was the whole point of the name. Otherwise, what do you think the name Share is standing for?

Wasn't the original concept intended to be a communal dining experience with fellow PAX, i.e. strangers?

"Share Happily and Reap Endlessly"

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to have my slice of apple pie every day, before I die. "

Why would anyone pay an extra $39 to eat Chicken Pot Pie? :eek: While I may like CPP, I will never order it out! Although the only way that I get Liver & Onions is to order it out as DW really isn't a fan! ;p

Just Mike

Well, I guess that we will be stuck with Share's on the Emerald this coming Oct 28 Day Cruise. But there is no way that I will set foot inside the Share, so that primarily leaves me with the Crown Grill which I really enjoy. :)But it would have been nice to have Sabatini's which is my favorite! :D

Just Mike :whiskey-glass: (JD on the Rocks)

Why would anyone pay an extra $39 to eat Chicken Pot Pie? :eek: While I may like CPP, I will never order it out! Although the only way that I get Liver & Onions is to order it out as DW really isn't a fan! ;p

Just Mike

Well, I guess that we will be stuck with Share's on the Emerald this coming Oct 28 Day Cruise. But there is no way that I will set foot inside the Share, so that primarily leaves me with the Crown Grill which I really enjoy. :)But it would have been nice to have Sabatini's which is my favorite! :D

Just Mike :whiskey-glass: (JD on the Rocks)

28 days with 18 sea days. I think the AIBP will allow me to "suffer through" having Share on Emerald. Whenever I have to pass by the venue I can get another drink to drown my sorrow. (Hmmm... better not pass by Share too often... ;p)