Is SHARE being phased out?

LewesBeach

Expanded in size or expanded to other ships?

I have heard from several who have spoken to Head Waiters/Matrides who say Share will not be added to any additional ships due to the poor reception. Thus, that is why it wasn't expanded to Coral Princess, etc...

I have heard from several who have spoken to Head Waiters/Matrides who say Share will not be added to any additional ships due to the poor reception. Thus, that is why it wasn't expanded to Coral Princess, etc...

I always talk to the sous chefs at the buffet & haven't found one yet who was even faintly enthused about the Curtis Stone food. Most of them were either Italian or Filipino decent.

I always talk to the sous chefs at the buffet & haven't found one yet who was even faintly enthused about the Curtis Stone food. Most of them were either Italian or Filipino decent.

I think these people were more looking at revenues (or lack of).

I think these people were more looking at revenues (or lack of).

You may be correct but I personally doubt it since they can prepare any style food that the cruise line instructs them to. Their reaction about the Curtis Stone selections was purely from a individual perspective.

Thanks for the photo although I prefer the original more traditional decor over this more modern black & white decor.

Although the decor isn't as important to me as the menu which hopefully will be modified keeping some of my favorite appetizers, pastas & desserts while having some new entrees.

Yes, it was a little distracting (which is odd to say with the new clean lines). :confused:

Just curious, what does being of Italian or Filipino decent have anything to do with a lack of enthusiasm for Curtis Stone food?

So, in your opinion, is it a cultural thing? Different food palette?

Enjoy your cruise, and if God wills, grant you good health.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Yes, it's the same menu from before. I will be back on the Grand in May, so I can re-check the menu and report any changes.

Yes, it was a little distracting (which is odd to say with the new clean lines). :confused:

Thanks Davalynn & hopefully there soon will be a modified menu because like your experience too often when we go Sabatini's it's not busy. :(

While the new decor might be a little distracting it's not nearly as distracting as a Navy ship's mess hall. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sabatini's should take a page from Disney Cruise Line's PALO, best authentic Italian food ever. That was the ONLY good thing about the Disney Cruise that I was on in February.

A couple of years ago we enjoyed the Italian restaurant on the Navigator OTS more than Sabatini's. There were more options to choose from but it was also more expensive. Although overall we much prefer Princess over RCCL.

I was hoping that when Sabatini's, Crown Grill & Crab Shack recently increased to $29 there would be an improvement in their menus but nothing has changed.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sabatini's should take a page from Disney Cruise Line's PALO, best authentic Italian food ever. That was the ONLY good thing about the Disney Cruise that I was on in February.

What? You didn't enjoy being around all those kids?:D

Edited by Kingofcool1947

You may be correct but I personally doubt it since they can prepare any style food that the cruise line instructs them to. Their reaction about the Curtis Stone selections was purely from a individual perspective.

It is a major revenue issue. When speaking to the head waiter, they indicated more than half of the people dining in Share were not paying for their meals (suites free dinner the first night, free dinner with booking promotions, etc.....). The head waiter could not wait to get rid of the restaurant.

Thanks Davalynn & hopefully there soon will be a modified menu because like your experience too often when we go Sabatini's it's not busy. :(

While the new decor might be a little distracting it's not nearly as distracting as a Navy ship's mess hall. ;)

Frank, you are too funny.:D I would like some new entrees too. My favorites now are the white beans and prawn appetizer, the calamari, and the manicotti.

Frank, you are too funny.:D I would like some new entrees too. My favorites now are the white beans and prawn appetizer, the calamari, and the manicotti.

Both of us like the burrata, calamari & desserts; Helena likes the seafood spaghetti & I greatly enjoy the short rib penne & I could easily make a meal out of it. :)

If you ever visit the aircraft carrier museum USS Midway in SD, you'll see the mess hall where about 3,500 of us enlisted men would want to eat between flight ops next to racks of 500 pound bombs...now that's distracting. :p

Both of us like the burrata, calamari & desserts; Helena likes the seafood spaghetti & I greatly enjoy the short rib penne & I could easily make a meal out of it. :)

If you ever visit the aircraft carrier museum USS Midway in SD, you'll see the mess hall where about 3,500 of us enlisted men would want to eat between flight ops next to racks of 500 pound bombs...now that's distracting. :p

Ha! Was just in there on Thursday. I remember the SOS's well. :o

What kind of seafood is in the seafood spaghetti?

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to live longer." :)

Wow, I wonder where I've been -- I'm elite and have never heard of or noticed 'Share'. Every ship has had a Sabitini's, though. My signature stating cruises is not up to date, most recent cruises were December 2016 and March 2017.......

What kind of seafood is in the seafood spaghetti?

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to live longer." :)

Here's the description from the Sabatini's menu:

Spaghetti allo Scoglio

langostino, diver scallops, tiger shrimp, vongole and black mussels in cherry tomato sauce

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Sabatinis-Menu-Sample.pdf