Princess Cruise Secrets 2017

barbpretz

Would someone please talk food!, not money - what are some of the "don't miss" menu items. I am first time Princess cruiser and I know there will always be choices on the menu - would love to know what old timers look forward to when back on board.

And did I read somewhere that on the Alaskan cruisers the grill near the pool may have some "unadvertised" specials like crab cakes? That would be good to know!

In the MDR, on the second day filet of sole at lunch, it is TDF. Also afternoon tea in the MDR is very nice.

Thank you for sharing those wonderful desert photos. Which ship accommodated your lactose intolerance that well?

These were taken on Crown Princess, but all ships have programmes for passengers with intolerances.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess I was lucky. I had seen another post that said they were able to do them well beyond 90 days.

I might try doing it early again if they still accepted email attachments but I've got the forms already filled out hanging on the calendar.

What's a few more weeks? ;)

We also like to get some cheese and crackers to have on our deck with a glass of wine. We make sure to bring from our hotel stays a shower cap or two, they work great for putting over the plate so the cheese doesn't dry out.

I am a little confused by an article I read: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2787

"When you book a cruise onboard, you not only earn onboard credit to use on that future sailing and often pay a reduced deposit, but you can transfer that booking to your preferred travel agent once you disembark. A travel agent can offer you even more perks on top of what you negotiated on the ship (more onboard credit, bottles of wine)"

Is this correct? Do they really mean after I disembark? Why would I be able to get any deals after I'm done with the cruise? Have any of you done this - transfer your booking to your TA after paying in full for your cruise?

Thank you!

Edited by sheburnout

I am a little confused by an article I read: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2787

"When you book a cruise onboard, you not only earn onboard credit to use on that future sailing and often pay a reduced deposit, but you can transfer that booking to your preferred travel agent once you disembark. A travel agent can offer you even more perks on top of what you negotiated on the ship (more onboard credit, bottles of wine)"

Is this correct? Do they really mean after I disembark? Why would I be able to get any deals after I'm done with the cruise? Have any of you done this - transfer your booking to your TA after paying in full for your cruise?

Thank you!

I've only booked a cruise one time when on the ship but it wasn't paid in full, only with a deposit on the ship. After it was transferred to my TA I received additional cabin credit that was being given from the TA.

So I received OBC from both.

Most times my TA has OBC & Princess doesn't and even if Princess has specials going on my TA usually has two different prices offered (such as the overpriced drink package) so I have an option of purchasing the cruise with the package or without at a cheaper price.

When you buy an FCC onboard you do not have to book a specific cruise. I usually buy 2 and 2 blind cruises and use them when I later book with my TA. I never book directly with Princess - always with my TA. Better price, all of the Princess OBC plus OBC from the TA plus the FCC OBC and CCL stock OBC. I always end up with unused credit.

Thank you!

Reread that quote. What they are saying is that while onboard cruise A, you book cruise B. After you disembark from Cruise A, you can then transfer that booking on Cruise B to your preferred travel agent.

Tom

On each of our next two cruises we will receive $250 OBC simply for owning 100 shares of CCL. The $35 per quarter dividend that it pays out isn't hard to take either. :)

We will also receive $150 each on our next cruise and $100 each on the cruise after that simply because we booked using FCD as our deposit. Anybody who cruises with Princess fairly often and doesn't purchase FCD when onboard is truly blowing it badly.

Ok I'm still a newbie what is FCD?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first cruise on Princess was in 1972 for 14 days on the new Nordic Prince our next cruise is December 3rd on The Emerald for 31 days to South America, we are now Elite with Princess we bought our stock when it was $24 per share, we now take Penthouse Suites when we started out it was inside rooms, we love cruising and will keep cruising as long as we can, my only advise is remember you get what you give! If you a AH don't expect the crew to love you! Be friendly and caring and so will they!

If you a AH don't expect the crew to love you! Be friendly and caring and so will they!

At first, I thought "AH" was a cabin category, and I thought "why wouldn't the crew be good to people in certain cabins?":D

My favourite appie in the MDR is the double goat cheese souffle. A cruise wouldn't be the same without it.

Boy, do I second that comment -- it's really good. I've enjoyed some other appetizers that didn't sound that great at first -- watermelon chunks, feta cheese and sunflower seeds (!), also thinly sliced pineapple with a few pistachios scattered around.

Hi,

What a wonderful thread for first time cruisers on Princess as we are!!! I wonder if Princess has cross cruise lines benefit recognition status as Celebrity and Royal. We sailed before on Carnival and Holland would it count on Princess somehow clear.png?emoji-wink-1685?

Thanks a lot for your help and "secret" sharing.

Irina

Hi,

What a wonderful thread for first time cruisers on Princess as we are!!! I wonder if Princess has cross cruise lines benefit recognition status as Celebrity and Royal. We sailed before on Carnival and Holland would it count on Princess somehow clear.png?emoji-wink-1685?

Irina

No.

Tom

Hi,

What a wonderful thread for first time cruisers on Princess as we are!!! I wonder if Princess has cross cruise lines benefit recognition status as Celebrity and Royal.

We sailed before on Carnival and Holland would it count on Princess somehow clear.png?emoji-wink-1685?

I'm afraid they won't sorry :(

Tony

Hi,

Irina

But they do with previous P&O passengers.

We had gained 43 nights sailing with P&O, so we were Ruby status on our first Princess sailing.;p

Very little benefit, but became Platinum on Princess after our 14 night cruise. So next cruise we will get priority boarding and a very decent internet allowance.

However the nights sailed on Princess do not increase our benefits on P&O!:evilsmile:

I haven't been on a princess cruise in four years, please tell me chocolate soufflés are still on the menu. We will be doing a 14 day cruise next March!

They're still around although I can't recall the exact time I've last had one.

Buy 100 shares of Carnival stocks and get an OBC every time you sail!

This was suggested to us by recent past cruise passengers and dear hubby said it was a great idea until I told him stock is currently in the $60+ so 100 shares would cost more than $6,000.

This was suggested to us by recent past cruise passengers and dear hubby said it was a great idea until I told him stock is currently in the $60+ so 100 shares would cost more than $6,000.

My wife said the same thing when I bought the stock. :(

Today she just sees it as another investment & enjoys the cash in her pocket. :D