Princess Cruise Secrets 2017

barbpretz

My favorite is a VOLCANO from the children's menu. It is banana split with you favorite ice cream. I have it every evening!

Buuuuuurrrrrrppppp! I've had it but it's too big for me. I'm somewhat of a fat boy but the fat is fairly solid. (The hollow part is between the ears. :o) The Volcano is well worth trying to see if it is for you. The look on your table mates faces when you order something they don't see on the menu is cool. When I ordered it the waitperson got all happy and excited. :D

That's what we were told on our last cruise (January 2017) as well.

No Parmesan Bowl ... BUT, happily, the Fettuccine could be ordered. :D

Ever since they changed their recipe a few years ago I stopped ordering it. It's one of the things I feel Princess doesn't do well at all. It's equivalent to buttered noodles sprinkled with cheese on top. :(

Just a tip to help keep the refrigerator colder:

Always keep a card in the slot at the door that turns on the lights (but do turn off all the lights when you leave your cabin. I use my car insurance card (don't need that on board). Then make sure the vents on the side of the cabinet holding the fridge are not blocked with anything. I then keep the cabinet door open as much as possible.

These fridges use TEC (thermo electric cooling) it makes one side of the cooling device cold and the other side hot, so the more airflow you can give the hot side, the cooler the inside of the fridge will be.

Just a tip to help keep the refrigerator colder:

Always keep a card in the slot at the door that turns on the lights (but do turn off all the lights when you leave your cabin. I use my car insurance card (don't need that on board). Then make sure the vents on the side of the cabinet holding the fridge are not blocked with anything. I then keep the cabinet door open as much as possible.

These fridges use TEC (thermo electric cooling) it makes one side of the cooling device cold and the other side hot, so the more airflow you can give the hot side, the cooler the inside of the fridge will be.

That card slot by the door is only for decoration. :D

Depends what you order!

Crown Grill were doing British pub lunches. I ordered the Fish and chips. They need to learn how to cook the battered fish, soggy is not acceptable, it needs to be crispy.

Same for the Yorkshire puddings, burnt is not acceptable.

If they are going to provide British food, it needs to be cooked correctly.

Fish & Chips is our favorite of all lunches. We always look forward to it. Now it is only 1 time a week and not 2. So sad.

Question

I am due a refund for a portion of a trip which wasn't taken when we failed to dock in Genoa (21.05.17)

How long does it take to be refunded and will it be refunded to my Credit Card?

I was told I would be sent a cheque, but that seems silly when all transactions on my account were done via my Credit Card.

Regarding the referral bonus....while I had not talked to a Princess agent I had provided my email address to order brochures. Then I learned about the referral bonus. I got around this by having my friend refer me using a second email account I dont usually use. Referral is showing on my account online. I just have to remember now to use that email address!! And my husband and I have our $50 OBC for less than 5 minutes effort.

Does the person you refer have to actually book a cruise for you to get the OBC? Or do you just refer whoever you want?

Question

I am due a refund for a portion of a trip which wasn't taken when we failed to dock in Genoa (21.05.17)

How long does it take to be refunded and will it be refunded to my Credit Card?

I was told I would be sent a cheque, but that seems silly when all transactions on my account were done via my Credit Card.

Maybe, you are due a refund. Port fees, if they were enough. And, Yes, Princess is going to take about as long as possible to send you the refund, if due.

Does the person you refer have to actually book a cruise for you to get the OBC? Or do you just refer whoever you want?
My understanding is that they have to actually book and then take the cruise for you to get the referral credit. The person you referred can use their credit on their first cruise and the person who referred them won't actually get the credit until the person they referred has sailed.

Maybe, you are due a refund. Port fees, if they were enough. And, Yes, Princess is going to take about as long as possible to send you the refund, if due.

I know I am getting the refund, it's on our final account. Unfortunately, we were told too late, otherwise I would have spent it in the shop.

I know I am getting the refund, it's on our final account. Unfortunately, we were told too late, otherwise I would have spent it in the shop.

So are you saying because they couldn't dock, you got a refund on a portion of your cruise or was it an excursion that you were not able to do that caused the refund to your account?

I ask because I have heard there are a few tender ports on our cruise that have in the past, been unable to tender/dock due to bad weather.

Should we expect a credit if that happens?

So are you saying because they couldn't dock, you got a refund on a portion of your cruise or was it an excursion that you were not able to do that caused the refund to your account?

I ask because I have heard there are a few tender ports on our cruise that have in the past, been unable to tender/dock due to bad weather.

Yes and it'll happen automatically for everyone.

The refund is for the lack of a bus trip, Genoa to Santa Margarita for our Portofino excursion. We were refunded 35%. However, I did have to ask for it.

Initially, I was told 'you could have looked around Santa Margarita.' My reply, ' So could any one else and they didn't have to pay for the tender.'

I was told I would be rung.

I wasn't, so went to the excursion desk.

I was told I must have been out of the cabin.

I had been there, packing all morning!

I must say that I object to Princess making money out of me for services not provided!!

We had already been refunded Port taxes for missing Genoa.

My understanding is that they have to actually book and then take the cruise for you to get the referral credit. The person you referred can use their credit on their first cruise and the person who referred them won't actually get the credit until the person they referred has sailed.

That's what I thought. Otherwise we'd all be referring multiple people!

Yes. not only do they have to book....they have to sail. So it can be awhile before you get the credit!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

My experience with this was we referred my son and his girlfriend for a cruise they were going to book (we had cruised with Princess before and we booked the same cruise). We got the $25.00 per person credited on our current cruise and they got $25 per person to spend on this cruise. It is showing up in our reservation as cruise credit for them as well as our booking. So I don't think you have to complete the cruise in order to get the credit.

Initially we got a refusal on the credit since they already had a hold on their cabin but had not paid, but our TA got them to apply it anyway since they hadn't paid a deposit yet.