Princess Cruise Secrets 2017

barbpretz

Does the shares in carnival give OBC on Princess Cruises?

If you hold 100 shares of CCL you definitely get OBC with Princess. Please note that it is per cabin - not per passenger.

OBC from CCL Stock

Sailings of 6 days or less $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or longer $250

Is there an extra charge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only if you want it. :D

Seriously, it's a series of extra benefits for a new "class" of Mini Suites and all Full Suites. There are multiple threads about it that won't be hard to find. Some people love it and others find it has little value to them.

However, you're going to love Princess!!

I've cruised with Princess quite a few times and I always check these out...never know when something new is going to pop up...besides...it is what I do before the cruise...in those torturous 2-3 weeks before a cruise when time slows to a snail's pace!!!:o

I noticed that people were still posting to the Princess Cruise Secrets 2016 thread, so I thought someone should start a separate thread for 2017.

I just want to keep the conversation going.

Hi, you can refer me too!! We have a deposit down for the Athens to Barcelona cruise 'tho s fall. Let me know if u need more info & Thanks!!

Well that sucks. I have not made my booking yet but I have talked to a cruise consultant at Princess and they sent me an email to "hold" a cabin, which I did not reserve at the time. Oh well, We tried. Have a good night!

You might try, if you have a partner, using a different email address and their name to get around that.

You can email me at gasurat at hotmail dot com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lsc226-By having a deposit down you are already in Princess' system, so the referral would not work.

And everyone...be reminded that the last time these boards filled up with 'offers to refer people' the threads were all pulled.

2017 Tip: It seems that as of Sept/Oct (ish) cruises, you must prepay for excursions booked in your Personalizer. However, the new tip is that you CAN use your OBC to 'pay' for these reservations. Just click the pay now button and you will see any available OBC applied.

This is our first Princess Cruise, but as we have sailed on P&O we are Ruby loyalty level.

I assume we don't qualify for any priority boarding!

Boarding is from 12.30-3pm on 13.05 17.

However, when I go into 'My cruise personaliser, it states boarding is by deck. Deck E isn't until 2.30 pm , which I find incredibly late. What do I do with 2 large cases, after we have checked out of the hotel at noon.

Do Princess allow you on the ship to go to get food/ drink before the stateroom is ready, as Celebrity do?

Edited by upwarduk

This is our first Princess Cruise, but as we have sailed on P&O we are Ruby loyalty level.

However, when I go into 'My cruise personaliser, it states boarding is by deck. Deck E isn't until 2.30 pm , which I find incredibly late. What do I do with 2 large cases, after we have checked out of the hotel at noon.

Do Princess allow you on the ship to go to get food/ drink before the stateroom is ready, as Celebrity do?

Staggered boarding times based on location of cabin are "suggestions" only. You can board anytime you like---within the ship's allotted time span of course.

On Princess when you board your cabin will be ready so you can go directly to your cabin. :)

On Princess when you board your cabin will be ready so you can go directly to your cabin. :)

Exactly. We have never had our cabin not be ready when we board. We just head straight there, drop our carry on luggage, and head out to wander the ship. We are spoiled that way as we started cruising with Princess and just stuck with the line because we like it so much. I would hate to have to deal with luggage and stuff while waiting for my cabin to be ready. Of course that also means we have to disembark early on the last day but it's a very fair trade off and just gets us moving early on that day.

Does the shares in carnival give OBC on Princess Cruises?

It's good on all Carnival products like Holland American, Cunard, etc. My husband sold ours once unbeknownst to me because we had made a good amount of money on it. He had to rebuy it back when I found out and I hope he enjoyed the dog house for a couple of nights (lol). In the long run, we didn't lose anything from buying it back even paying our broker a whopping $7!

Another tip for OBC is the FCC (Future Cruise Credit). This must be purchased onboard and used within two years, so only available after your first cruise. FCC cost $100 and acts as your cruise deposit when used. OBC is a bonus

As a general rule, that is correct. However, if you are onboard a ship doing a BVE (Bon Voyage Experience) you can purchase an FCC at that time. You could use that FCC then to purchase a cruise which could be your first one. Plus you would get the value of your BVE back as an OBC. I had asked that as a question of curiosity on a past cruise and that was what I was told by the FCC person as best I remember. Admittedly that would be a not very normal situation of course.

Tom