Princess Cruise Secrets 2017

barbpretz

Were you the only one who didn't get their port fees returned quickly?

It was our first Princess cruise. We spoke to others who mentioned receiving the credit right away (while onboard). That's how we knew to go ask for them. No clue if there were lots of others who had to do so too. We finally got a cheque mailed to us afterwards.

It was our first Princess cruise. We spoke to others who mentioned receiving the credit right away (while onboard). That's how we knew to go ask for them. No clue if there were lots of others who had to do so too. We finally got a cheque mailed to us afterwards.

Make you wonder. :confused:

referral OBC - we are going on our first Princess cruise in July. I am pretty sure that the referring name we gave when we booked, has been given the OBC to be used on that same cruise.

I am surprised to hear that this wasn't automatic by Princess. Our experience was that we were late to a port and we had booked a Princess excursion that included a lunch. A shortened version of the excursion took place and the lunch was eliminated. Without asking, we received a prorated portion of the Excursion cost for the lost time and eliminated lunch. We also received a pro-rated credit for the port fees since we were there a shorter amount of time. Maybe it depends on 'who' is in charge of the refunding.... :confused:

This took place while we were still on board and was applied as a credit.

This took place while we were still on board and was applied as a credit.

That's the way it happened on the Island back in March on our Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco cruise when the seas wouldn't let us tender to the port at one stop. I wonder if their fees were automatically returned earlier in the cruise and they just didn't notice it?

Tom

I wonder if their fees were automatically returned earlier in the cruise and they just didn't notice it?

Tom

No they weren't. And, as I said, the Princess Cays port fees were eventually returned to us by cheque after our cruise. The same thing happened to Pescado Amarillo, a long time Princess cruiser. So it wasn't because we were "newbies".

No they weren't. And, as I said, the Princess Cays port fees were eventually returned to us by cheque after our cruise. The same thing happened to Pescado Amarillo, a long time Princess cruiser. So it wasn't because we were "newbies".

I wasn't inferring that you were "newbies" or anything else, only thought you might have missed seeing something on the printout. No need to take offense where none was said or even intended.

Tom

I wasn't inferring that you were "newbies" or anything else, only thought you might have missed seeing something on the printout. No need to take offense where none was said or even intended. Tom

Sorry for the miscommunication, but no offence was taken. I just wanted to clarify that Princess Cays port taxes are not always refunded automatically when ships can't tender there.

But I've taken this thread off-topic I think.... sorry about that. :)

Sorry for the miscommunication, but no offence was taken. I just wanted to clarify that Princess Cays port taxes are not always refunded automatically when ships can't tender there.

Okay, no problem. That is odd, that they have a problem at their own "home!" :o

Tom

Please tell more [emoji4]

Go to the Princess website and look at the bottom of the page under the heading Military Benefit Program and download that (or just grab a copy of the file I've attached here) and either mail or fax that completed form along with a copy of your DD214 Discharge Certificate to the address given on the Princess form at least 2 weeks prior to your sailing date and you will be given OBC of $50, $100, or $250, depending on the length of the cruise. The information will be automatically linked to your Captains' Circle number and will always be credited to any future cruises on Princess that you might take in the future. (NOTE: If you book through a travel agent, make sure that the agent has your Captains' Circle number and links that number to your cruise so that you get that credit on the cruse he/she is booking for you, otherwise Princess will not know that it's you.) One other thing about that credit is that it is refundable so any part of it you don't use will be refunded to you automatically via a check that will be sent out normally a couple of weeks after the end of the cruise. I have seen it arrive as much as 6 weeks after the cruise, however. Also note that the check that comes may look like trash mail so check out the copy of the envelope that I've also attached to this email so you'll recognize it when it comes in.

Tom

Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Vet OBC refund envelope.pdf

Unfortunately it doesn't work to just post here since we have no way to contact you. If you want someone to refer you, you need to send them a direct e-mail and give them your full name and e-mail address. It's worth trying even if you've already booked. Often it works but sometimes it doesn't - but it doesn't cost anything to try!

If you're on the cruise critic app if you click on the posters username it takes you to another page that says something like "message user" I don't know how private it is but I think it might be another option to contact people.

If you're on the cruise critic app if you click on the posters username it takes you to another page that says something like "message user" I don't know how private it is but I think it might be another option to contact people.

It doesn't work, or at least it didn't when I tried a few months ago.

Edited: I just tried and it won't send the message.

It doesn't work, or at least it didn't when I tried a few months ago.

Edited: I just tried and it won't send the message.

Sorry, never tried it myself but thought it would be a good thing..... if it worked of course. Apparently they need to do some usability on their app lol

• 4 weeks later...
Go to the Princess website and look at the bottom of the page under the heading Military Benefit Program and download that (or just grab a copy of the file I've attached here) and either mail or fax that completed form along with a copy of your DD214 Discharge Certificate to the address given on the Princess form at least 2 weeks prior to your sailing date and you will be given OBC of $50, $100, or $250, depending on the length of the cruise. The information will be automatically linked to your Captains' Circle number and will always be credited to any future cruises on Princess that you might take in the future. (NOTE: If you book through a travel agent, make sure that the agent has your Captains' Circle number and links that number to your cruise so that you get that credit on the cruse he/she is booking for you, otherwise Princess will not know that it's you.) One other thing about that credit is that it is refundable so any part of it you don't use will be refunded to you automatically via a check that will be sent out normally a couple of weeks after the end of the cruise. I have seen it arrive as much as 6 weeks after the cruise, however. Also note that the check that comes may look like trash mail so check out the copy of the envelope that I've also attached to this email so you'll recognize it when it comes in.

Tom

GREAT TIP. My husband filled in the paperwork and easy peasy, we got a $100 credit to use onboard. Thanks again!

A query for anyone who has had OBC refunded.

We are owed money and my final bill says that this is refunded in 4-6 weeks after disembarkation. We disembarked 27.05.17. So tomorrow ( Saturday 08.07.17 ) it will be 6 weeks ago.

So far nothing, either to my Credit Card ( as per Celebrity) or by cheque as indicated by Princess.

I have emailed Princess in U.K ( sent Wednesday 05.07.17)) but am still waiting for a reply.

Question

Where is the cheque sent from - will it be Southampton where Princess UK have an office, or America?

If I don't get a cheque tomorrow or a reply to my e mail, I will be phoning on Monday. I will leave it until then as I am sure Accounts don't work at the weekend.

A query for anyone who has had OBC refunded.

We are owed money and my final bill says that this is refunded in 4-6 weeks after disembarkation. We disembarked 27.05.17. So tomorrow ( Saturday 08.07.17 ) it will be 6 weeks ago.

So far nothing, either to my Credit Card ( as per Celebrity) or by cheque as indicated by Princess.

I have emailed Princess in U.K ( sent Wednesday 05.07.17)) but am still waiting for a reply.

Question

Where is the cheque sent from - will it be Southampton where Princess UK have an office, or America?

If I don't get a cheque tomorrow or a reply to my e mail, I will be phoning on Monday. I will leave it until then as I am sure Accounts don't work at the weekend.

What do you mean above in red? I'd call Princess UK to get the answer you need.

ummm - this is an amazing tip! Thank you for this!

How do you do that? Just let your stateroom steward know? Or is it done in advance?

Just call room service and advise them you want to change out the Mini Bar for the two coffee cards. Sometime after that someone will come up to your stateroom and gather up the mini-bar items and leave two coffee cards. You don't have to be in your room when they come. We usually call right after embarkation and the cards are there either after the MD or soon thereafter.

You can also if your elite change out your mini bar for 2 coffee cards

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

ummm - this is an amazing tip! Thank you for this!

How do you do that? Just let your stateroom steward know? Or is it done in advance?

Just call room service when you get aboard and they'll change it out within a few hours.

thanks for the replies Mingus & TimTrek!

I have Elite status and our upcoming Alaska booking includes the AI beverage package, so the mini bar is not really necessary. we love our espresso, so the coffee card was on our "to buy" list anyways!