Princess Cruise Secrets 2017

barbpretz

This was suggested to us by recent past cruise passengers and dear hubby said it was a great idea until I told him stock is currently in the $60+ so 100 shares would cost more than $6,000.

Back in the reallty "old" days, you only had to have one share. Needless to say, people jumped all over that to get the obc. It took awhile for the suits to figure out they were getting the short end of the stick (lol).

Regarding the shareholder benefit....

I just purchased mine using my 401k money. I have my 401k accounts thru fidelity and opened a brokerage link account linked to my 401k. I then transferred 7k from my traditional 401k to the brokerage link account and bought the CCL stocks.

It's money that i don't realize i have anyway and pays dividends and gives you the OBC.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

This was suggested to us by recent past cruise passengers and dear hubby said it was a great idea until I told him stock is currently in the $60+ so 100 shares would cost more than $6,000.

If you cruise multiple times a year the obc makes for a great investment even at the current price

The food items in the International Cafe are free. On one cruise I was ordering on the last day and the woman next to me turned to me with a look of amazement and asked "Are these free?" When I said yes you could see her disappointment that she waiting until the last day.

The food items in the International Cafe are free. On one cruise I was ordering on the last day and the woman next to me turned to me with a look of amazement and asked "Are these free?" When I said yes you could see her disappointment that she waiting until the last day.

Sort of the same thing happened to us while looking a the MDR Lunch Menu before deciding to go in for lunch.

A woman ask me how much it cost to have lunch in MDR.

She was thrilled when I told her there was No Charge. :)

Sort of the same thing happened to us while looking a the MDR Lunch Menu before deciding to go in for lunch.

A woman ask me how much it cost to have lunch in MDR.

She was thrilled when I told her there was No Charge. :)

It sounds like she might have had other problems.

Back in the reallty "old" days, you only had to have one share. Needless to say, people jumped all over that to get the obc. It took awhile for the suits to figure out they were getting the short end of the stick (lol).

How long ago was that?

Tony

It sounds like she might have had other problems.

No, not at all. Especially if she was in a group where someone else did all the planning, etc especially if she had never cruised before. She might have thought that that was an extra-charge specialty dining area like Crown Grill or Sabitini's

Tom

We boarded the Emerald a few weeks ago. I had read on here about lunch in the MDR (as opposed to the buffet scrum). As we were walking onto the ship I inquired with several of the staff that we went past about a dining room open for lunch. At least 3 staff told me to go to the buffet. Pig-headed person that I am, I immediately set out to investigate, going to the dining rooms, and yes, one dining room was open for lunch. It was very quiet! and the tenderloin and salmon were both delicious. We were cruising a "newbies" and they loved that quiet and gracious experience in the dining room.

Do they still have "happy hour" designated times when you can buy 2 for 1 alcoholic drinks/beer?

Yup, twice a day, once around 3-4 and once around 11-12 in Club...

It's Buy One Get One for $1 for any drinks - soda, beer, wine, cocktsils, etc.

Would someone please talk food!, not money - what are some of the "don't miss" menu items. I am first time Princess cruiser and I know there will always be choices on the menu - would love to know what old timers look forward to when back on board.

And did I read somewhere that on the Alaskan cruisers the grill near the pool may have some "unadvertised" specials like crab cakes? That would be good to know!

You can order a fresh baked challah for the dinner table one day in advance

8UJ1cIgs.jpg

Also the volcano on the childrens's menu for desert

Howard

8UJ1cIgs.jpg

Howard

Oooh! How do you do that with anytime dining? Is there a cost? Is it only for Friday nights?

Yup, twice a day, once around 3-4 and once around 11-12 in Club...

It's Buy One Get One for $1 for any drinks - soda, beer, wine, cocktsils, etc.

From what I have read they don't have happy hour on the Caribbean Princess anymore, maybe someone who has been onboard within the past few weeks can confirm.

8UJ1cIgs.jpg

Howard

Testing 1234

Challah_0922_zpsfg5y5xx8.jpg

and a volcano off of the children's menu

Volcano_0943_zps3s6hebft.jpg

Howard

I am looking forward to their versions of chocolate soufflé!! Last two cruises have been on Oceania and not a soufflé in sight[emoji22] I just had to make do with their magnificent food instead LOL

In the past Princess has been so kind as to make an extra chocolate soufflé for myself and companions on a second night. Unfortunately this time it's just myself and my husband who does not eat it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks

Test

JRxu8iq6QvG3X_1eBlQkGd8r3hQ7GP4XpJthRBAY4vc?size=32x32&size_mode=1

Pu6bR_IY_NVIOHFY1Mul7qCc2XlzBLKp1xEcIAu_uTo?size=32x32&size_mode=1

Test from FlickR

After days of trying different photo hosting sites after photobucket no longer allows posting to other web sites without paying I found FlickR

You can order one day ahead of time a freshly baked one for dinner each evening. Much better than the rolls they place on the table.

36311640242_1d397737fd_c.jpgChallah____0922 by Howard on Flickr

Order this desert off the Children's menu

36311640182_b9294cd6d7_c.jpgVolcano___0943 by Howard , on Flickr