officers dinner and stale coffee

poona1

This has to be the most unique and unusual title I have ever seen on CC.

First, there are a couple of ways to achieve this. Most common you see a listing in the freestyle daily where to sign up to dine with an officer. What is that dinner? Well it is usually just a nice table in the main dining room. From my experience and having dinner with Brian Walters, hotel director on the sun… Our service was impeccable our food was great and he kept the wine flowing. It was very interesting to speak with him about his life at sea and I find his position as hotel director very interesting as I have a culinary background and studying hotel and restaurant management culinary and pastry in college.

Sorry for the rambling…

Another way you can sign up for Officers dinner is at your cruise critic meet and greet. This isn't always available at the meet and greet but it has been in the past when I've attended. The third way is to be a VIP or suite/Haven passenger and ask the concierge, Or the concierge might ask you if you're interested. From what I understand, if a lot of people sign up there might be a drawing and if it's not very many, you're pretty much a shoe in.

The best coffee on NCL is in the suite and Haven rooms it is Nespresso. Or it is French press in the suite venue for breakfast. Or you can pay for a coffee at the coffee bar usually found in the atrium. Other than that there's a coffee pot in your room more than likely. Coffee probably won't be that great. If it were me I would bring Starbucks via and just make my own from water in the coffee pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another way to score a Dinner with a Officer(s) is being Platinum Plus or Ambassador Latitudes.

Your latitudes points have to be better than 176 before sailing for this.

Isn't Platinum Plus 175 points or greater?

The officers always seem to ask if they may sit with me...[emoji15][emoji12][emoji50]

I love it!!! It might be true!

You know this happened to my mom on Royal. The Captain met my parents and then they received an invite to dine with him. He had my mom seated next to him. She is a very entertaining and interesting woman.

She asked him how the invitation had come about, had they won a contest or something? He said, "I met you, I liked you , I asked for you".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15