2018 Reflection refurbishment

jpodds

Just off Reflection 1/8/18 and none of the. Staff would confirm. We rent them for the week and they need to be updated or replaced. The staff in Quisine stated they were removing iPads, and going to a type of hologram/projection menu at the tables...Not sure of the technology or what this really means. They stated it was a trial on Reflection. Beyond the paint, carpets, etc...did not hear about too many changes.

As a non-suite passenger I'm not looking forward to any future modernization plans for the current fleet. Celebrity has indicated that their modernization plans are focused on bring Edge class features to their other ships. Translation: Celebrity will be removing current common space for all passengers and designing new limited access areas for suite passengers. This will likely be a problem on the limited open deck areas. Current open deck areas will become more crowded. I don't see the advantage for the vast majority of passengers.

Have you seen an interview or publication to that effect? If so, can you point me to it? I agree with you that it would certainly be disheartening for non-suite passengers (and given the increase in suite fares, it’s certainly likely DH and I will remain in that group) to lose common area on the S-class ships.

We were on the January 2 sailing of Reflection. We saw electricians replacing large cables in the ceilings of one corridor. The last day we saw workers bringing stacks of packages that looked like tiles to a conference room. I had the idea work was going on during much of the cruise, but it was pretty much behind the scenes, maybe at night. I know from other pre-dry dock cruises we have sailed that the work doesn't wait for the dry dock. Much of the prep work begins before the ship even arrives at the dry dock.

We are returning to Reflection in a month for the Mardi Gras cruise. I will be eager to see what actually did happen, if it is even noticeable at all.

Now I know that the new Edge's hull is being painted blue like celebrity used in the 1990's and 2000's. What are the chances that they will paint the hull of the Reflection blue while its in dry dock? I've noticed that they are painting everything under the waterline black instead of blue so who knows..

Will Michael's be replaced by "The Retreat"

There was a rumor (yeh I know eh) that the wood look in Michael's will be replaced by a much lighter decor..

Reference the Edge:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/the-retreat/

The Retreat is an entire area for suite guests with private pool, etc. That can’t be installed in the Michael’s Club space. None of those Edge related retrofits are supposed to be added until after Edge launches. Since Reflection is getting a dry dock now I imagine they will be one of the last ships to get the Edge enhancements.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last pic seems to be an older one. Here's a current one, with the bulbous bow scraped/sanded/all her paint removed and ready for...?

afO66f0aR7S6XKeIJd6ogg.png

26065619_733040676906125_3426571753957097472_n.jpg

Those speculating about a blue hull, I think we would have seen lots of scaffolding or platforms for sanding/removing the white paint coat, adding primer and such in this stage. I think it will be white paint touch ups only but time will tell! :)

Have you seen an interview or publication to that effect? If so, can you point me to it? I agree with you that it would certainly be disheartening for non-suite passengers (and given the increase in suite fares, it’s certainly likely DH and I will remain in that group) to lose common area on the S-class ships.

Here's an article that speaks to Celebrity's plans:

http://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/Celebrity-Cruises-to-Undergo-400-Million-Fleetwide-Renovation

My guess is that they will "re-imagine" and re-build the front of the ship. The goal is to develop a "Retreat Lounge" and open deck area for Suite Guests. Similar to RCL eliminating the Viking Crown Lounge, I suspect that Celebrity will start by eliminating the Sky Observation Lounge, eliminating the general access to the Solstice deck, moving the exercise and spa area and moving the Kids Clubs. Celebrity probably can't add a pool up front but they will create a large retreat area. Celebrity has already taken a part of the Sky observation lounge on the Reflection for high-end suites.

Here's an article that speaks to Celebrity's plans:

http://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/Celebrity-Cruises-to-Undergo-400-Million-Fleetwide-Renovation

My guess is that they will "re-imagine" and re-build the front of the ship. The goal is to develop a "Retreat Lounge" and open deck area for Suite Guests. Similar to RCL eliminating the Viking Crown Lounge, I suspect that Celebrity will start by eliminating the Sky Observation Lounge, eliminating the general access to the Solstice deck, moving the exercise and spa area and moving the Kids Clubs. Celebrity probably can't add a pool up front but they will create a large retreat area. Celebrity has already taken a part of the Sky observation lounge on the Reflection for high-end suites.

They won’t move the spa and exercise area. They are too massive and there’s no place else on the ship for them to go. I do think you are on the right track about those other areas on decks 14-16 at the front of the ship though. If they took the Sky Lounge they could actually move both Michael’s Club and Luminae there. The conference center would get bumped but maybe that could go in the old space on Deck 5 where the Celebrity bookings used to be. On the deck above that it would mean the teen and kid’s areas would be cut, but maybe they could go down to 4 and replace Quasar and Celebrity Central. Then put a new nightclub where Cellar Masters is now. That area near the Martini Bar has been featuring a DJ lately anyway and is very popular so that could be a good fit. The only thing in the upper decks then that I’m not sure could be repurposed would be the basketball court. Meanwhile, with the original Michael’s Club and Luminae spaces available, perhaps those could be turned into new dining venues based on things on Edge that could be open to everyone. So at least if some things are taken away from the general access they could replace them with new venues. Having more dining options open to everyone and a new nightclub would be big pluses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums