2018 Reflection refurbishment

jpodds

Can anyone confirm that Reflection will be refurbished the week just prior to its January 19th 2018 sailing? I was on Summit a few years ago when she emerged from dry dock, and everything was so "new smelling" and clean. I don't know how I could have gotten this lucky twice....:)

The scheduled refurbishment according to cruisedeckplans.com is now January 1, 2018. Good for you! It was originally scheduled October 2017, a month before our cruise Nov. 27-Dec.8. That must have been cancelled since there is a cruise scheduled for the original refurbishment date.

OMG!!! Ignore my previous post! The Jan 1 refurbishment I mentioned was for 2020....and for the Silhouette! Cruisedeckplans still has the Oct 9 info for the Reflection with the note that it has probably been postponed due to the fact that there is a cruise scheduled then! I really need my afternoon coffee!:o

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Ya, 10 days doesn't seem long enough to do major refurbishing. But who knows. :)
What does a 'major refurbishing' entail? Would it involve replacement of things such as upholstery or just a major cleaning? We are sailing February 19 and we're curious what might be done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What does a 'major refurbishing' entail? Would it involve replacement of things such as upholstery or just a major cleaning? We are sailing February 19 and we're curious what might be done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Moct dry-docks are done not for major changes but to provide maintenance on items that can't be done while the ship is in the water. Celebrity usually does not announce what is done to a ship until it is ready to come out of the drydock.

Ya, 10 days doesn't seem long enough to do major refurbishing. But who knows. :)

I disagree........ 10 days? In my opinion, that is a quite a bit of time to get a lot of stuff done.

Typically just carpet is replaced and a few other things in the public rooms and replaced are spruced up. The only cabins they might redecorate are the Royal and Penthouse suites. So while it is considered a "major refurbishing" it doesn't necessarily apply to all cabins and the entire ship.

We were on the summit a few times after the refurbishment and our Sky Suite was same old-same old. They had replaced the lounges in the Adult pool area with much more comfortable lounges- but removed much of the seating which was replaced by tables and chairs- that disappointed many people as they couldn't find lounge chairs.

We were in 2208 last month and it was in pristine condition. No stains anywhere, no scratched furniture, curtains immaculate. Other areas of the ship were also in great condition. Alcoves are scheduled to be swapped out for newer version that allows either lawn view or sea views. Hope they replace cushions in the Alcoves!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the 11/17/17 sailing....ship looked same as our prior Reflection cruise and was in ok shape, but wherever we sat in Anytime dining, the chairs were in terrible shape....ripped and worn and not just a little. Many comments were made to staff. We were told they were being reupholstered during the dry dock in Jan. We're on the ship again in March '18 so looking forward to non-ratty dining seating. We were speaking with a senior officer and told there are two 'docks'...dry and wet where they take the ship out of the water or keep it in. Not sure which the Jan. one is.

We were on the 11/17/17 sailing....ship looked same as our prior Reflection cruise and was in ok shape, but wherever we sat in Anytime dining, the chairs were in terrible shape....ripped and worn and not just a little. Many comments were made to staff. We were told they were being reupholstered during the dry dock in Jan. We're on the ship again in March '18 so looking forward to non-ratty dining seating. We were speaking with a senior officer and told there are two 'docks'...dry and wet where they take the ship out of the water or keep it in. Not sure which the Jan. one is.
This is all great info. I'm doing my very first cruise on Reflection in February. [emoji16]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm on the Reflection for the TA in April. Happy to hear it's being refurbished. Nice...

Hi Banjo,

We have a roll call going for this sailing, if you’d care to join.https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428150&page=23

As a non-suite passenger I'm not looking forward to any future modernization plans for the current fleet. Celebrity has indicated that their modernization plans are focused on bring Edge class features to their other ships. Translation: Celebrity will be removing current common space for all passengers and designing new limited access areas for suite passengers. This will likely be a problem on the limited open deck areas. Current open deck areas will become more crowded. I don't see the advantage for the vast majority of passengers.

I came off Reflection on Jan 2 and was talking to stateroom attendant about refurb. He told me how busy they are during the 10 days, things like cracked sinks and worn chairs get replaced and the cabins are completely scrubbed.... I forgot to ask if cabin carpets were changed, ours was fine, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were. Actually, I thought Reflection looked fantastic.