Saddness with carnival corp and my pvp

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

Honestly, I have been on 69 cruises, I am 53 and live with many medical conditions, fibromyalgia, lupus, spinal problems etc. I booked up a cruise last year leaving out of New Orleans for the month of May. My other half never seen New Orleans and I thought it be very nice and then go on the Dream.

My doctor advised me just two weeks ago after going through mri's and other tests that its essential I do not fly or sit longer than an hours time because one of my four herniated disks, one being the the N5S1 is protruding badly into my main and nerve can rupture if sitting longer than an hour and I would have within three hours to get surgery or get paralyzed. As a result, my other half told me to cancel at which I did and we have purchased Carnival insurance and are able to get the money back only they are asking proof of full payment from Carnival. I have written Carnival and to the department that is able to send that proof and my PVP and have totally been ignored. Carnival is not helping me with the information that I need to get my refund. I am very disappointed in Carnival, but my reason for writing this is to tell you all, when you make final payment print out your final payment statement just in case.

I am booked on the Harmony of the Seas for the same week, as we live in Florida and it only involves a 50 minute flight time which the doctor said I am able to do. I may never go back to Carnival, it really hurts knowing that Carnival only cares about getting my money and the booking and when I get their insurance and need their help with proof of final payment I totally get ignored. :loudcry:

I

Hello,

Honestly, I have been on 69 cruises, I am 53 and live with many medical conditions, fibromyalgia, lupus, spinal problems etc. I booked up a cruise last year leaving out of New Orleans for the month of May. My other half never seen New Orleans and I thought it be very nice and then go on the Dream.

My doctor advised me just two weeks ago after going through mri's and other tests that its essential I do not fly or sit longer than an hours time because one of my four herniated disks, one being the the N5S1 is protruding badly into my main and nerve can rupture if sitting longer than an hour and I would have within three hours to get surgery or get paralyzed. As a result, my other half told me to cancel at which I did and we have purchased Carnival insurance and are able to get the money back only they are asking proof of full payment from Carnival. I have written Carnival and to the department that is able to send that proof and my PVP and have totally been ignored. Carnival is not helping me with the information that I need to get my refund. I am very disappointed in Carnival, but my reason for writing this is to tell you all, when you make final payment print out your final payment statement just in case.

I am booked on the Harmony of the Seas for the same week, as we live in Florida and it only involves a 50 minute flight time which the doctor said I am able to do. I may never go back to Carnival, it really hurts knowing that Carnival only cares about getting my money and the booking and when I get their insurance and need their help with proof of final payment I totally get ignored. :loudcry:

I

What a shame , try contacting John Heald via facebook.

I'm confused: they won't accept a printout from My Cruise Manager that shows you are paid in full, along with how much you paid? Because you can print that out yourself by logging into your account. I would think that, along with your bank or credit card statement showing the payments to Carnival would be more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So you had the Harmony scheduled for the same week as the Dream now you want to cancel the Dream? Sorry for your condition but the rest Sounds fishy. I sent the paperwork to the Carnival Travel insurance people right after I called the number listed with my insurance when I had to cancel and there were no issues. I had bilateral knee surgery. My PVP was Great and Carnival reimbursed all Taxes and Fees right away but the insurance claim took a couple of weeks.

mpep

OP didn't ask for you to play detective and decide if anything was "fishy".. just answer the persons question or leave. It's really not that difficult.

I would definitely call customer service until you get someone helpful on the phone. Also, if that is not working I would email Christine Duffy. The carnival email address format for executives is very easy to figure out. Wishing you the best of luck with this OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, hope you feel better. Second, after 69 cruises, and booking Dream last year I can't imagine that you would not have printed out your invoices showing proof of payment along the way- especially your final payment. How about a credit card statement showing what you paid?

So you had the Harmony scheduled for the same week as the Dream now you want to cancel the Dream? Sorry for your condition but the rest Sounds fishy. I sent the paperwork to the Carnival Travel insurance people right after I called the number listed with my insurance when I had to cancel and there were no issues. I had bilateral knee surgery. My PVP was Great and Carnival reimbursed all Taxes and Fees right away but the insurance claim took a couple of weeks.

mpep

Just a thought--perhaps they booked the Harmony after they cancelled the Dream. Makes sense to me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I'm also confused. A 50 minute flight means you are leaving Orlando, or Tampa to fly to Ft Lauderdale and with arriving at the airport 2 hours early, and with getting from the airport to the cruise another hour that means you are making a 3 hour car trip into a 5 hour ordeal. Plus, both on the ship, and even on the plane you can't possible get the medical attention you need in short notice.

I wish the best for you, but it seems that some things confusing here.

First, hope you feel better. Second, after 69 cruises, and booking Dream last year I can't imagine that you would not have printed out your invoices showing proof of payment along the way- especially your final payment. How about a credit card statement showing what you paid?

A credit card statement wouldn't show refundable taxes, fees, port charges or possible prepaid gratuities. She needs an itemized invoice with date of deposit.

I am surprised that after being on so many cruises your PVP is not answering you. Maybe he/she is on vacation (?).

I wouldn't chance that 50 minute flight if I was in your situation. Planes can get hold up on the tarmac and that could build up to way past the 1 hour mark.

I hope a medical miracle happen and your condition gets better. Sorry to hear about what you are going through and I wish you all the best.

Thats correct, the cruise was cancelled so everything that was in My Cruise Manager is gone.

Sanger727 I would give you the biggest hug if you were here! I did check my trash and it wasn't in there as it only holds one months worth of trash, but I noticed a search button on the bottom and typed in carnival and I pulled it up!!

Mpep- Instead of asking me since I have my medical condition and unable to go on the Dream how am I able to go on the Harmony, I don't appreciate feeling like you calling me a liar. I will explain, my neurologist does not want me to sit more than an hour time especially on an airplane where the seats are narrow, not much leg room to move around and the possibility I can get a rupture, going on the Harmony is out of my home state Florida, which means only a 50 minute total flight time and I am able to do that according to my physician.

I could of taken a different Carnival cruise out of Florida which is my home state, but they are not allowing me to transfer the booking to another ship, I wanted to go on the Vista but she is only a six night cruise so that didn't work and I prefer to cruise the Dream class.

Briitini thank you, it didn't feel good thinking that somebody felt I was lying. Thank you for that info truly appreciate it!

Pe4all thank you very much! Surgery is going to definitely be needed but the doctor is trying to make me hold out because that would mean I get arthritis early...but to be honest, I will get the surgery after my cruise, I had enough and want to get rid of this problem as I also live with lupus. That was the problem, I been on so many cruises and never had this problem ever, never expected it to happen, I always say, if I have something wrong I just go on the ship in a wheelchair or stretcher, nothing is going to stop me but those were just words and proved me wrong lol.....Yes, we did have the credit card statement but the insurance company wanted an itemized statement from Carnival showing the booking info as well. I will be attaching the statement anyways. ;)

Charlie1422- Exactly and yes, since I had to cancel the Dream, my husband thought of a solution so that we can still take a cruise and do it in a way that I won't have any problems and it be safe for me and we figured lets just take a cruise out of south Florida and it only be a 50 minute flight from Jacksonville, Fl. I was thrilled that I still will get my cruise and have my health safe.:D

Havingfun2010 it saddens me to think your another person who thinks I am lying....PLEASE read my answer above to Mpep you will get the entire explanation, didn't think I had to play court here but I understand your questioning.

A credit card statement wouldn't show refundable taxes, fees, port charges or possible prepaid gratuities. She needs an itemized invoice with date of deposit.

The fees you mentioned should have immediately been refunded by Carnival as soon as she cancelled. I cancelled a cruise with Carnival the 2 days before I was supposed to cruise due to noro. CCL immediately refunded my taxes/port charges/prepaid grats back to the credit card I had charged them on. My cruise fare was covered by my trip insurance - not purchased through Carnival. That took a few weeks to get back. I do agree that the itemized invoice would be better, showing the date of deposit, payments, and final payment, and may help process things faster.

I am surprised that after being on so many cruises your PVP is not answering you. Maybe he/she is on vacation (?).

I wouldn't chance that 50 minute flight if I was in your situation. Planes can get hold up on the tarmac and that could build up to way past the 1 hour mark.

I hope a medical miracle happen and your condition gets better. Sorry to hear about what you are going through and I wish you all the best.

I agree. My son and his wife just flew home from Florida. Their plane sat on the tarmac 45 minutes before taking off. After landing, they sat on the plane another hour and 15 minutes because the airport did not have enough staff to service all the planes on the ground. If the medical issue is that severe, I sure would not take the chance.

Also if surgery would be necessary within a 3 hour time frame, that would be unlikely to happen on the ship. I also would not want to chance needing that type of delicate surgery in a foreign country. Wishing you the best.

Pe4all- Yes did get the refund for two rooms for the allowance that Carnival gives for cancelling 6 weeks before the cruise.... my father in law who is elderly travels along with us on cruises as he has been a widow for 42 years now....we have two rooms total and he also got the insurance which covers traveling companions, but for both rooms Carnival did not refund is $844 that is the amount we have to put in the claim to the insurance company.

Cruisin5252 I am also shocked, I always called him the best and I guess when I need him most he just is ignoring me. I sent two emails to him and didn't hear back at all. Last night I sent a third email expressing my dissatisfaction and disappointment in him....I know I shouldn't but he has to know as you said, he knows we cruise often and being Platinum (I would of been higher only when they rolled out the program they only had reservations up until the past prior years cruising and didn't have record of the ones I taken before those plus I never kept my booking numbers so I can get the credits).

The great thing is that Sanger727 had me go further into doing something that I never did before or know it existed and I found my proof of full payment!

Got to love Cruise Critic and I tell you, I appreciate everybody's help here!!

Cruisin5252, I didn't even think of that! That has happened to us at a handful of flights we taken but I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale and being up here I travel often as my entire family lives down there, so far, knock on wood never had that problem in that airport, but I didn't even consider that but I have to think positive, because if I think of all the what if's and but's I just stay home in bed and I can't give into all my medical conditions. I have to remain strong, find solutions to my issues and problems and keep going like the energizer bunny for as long as I could. :cool:

Cruisegirl6...I'm hoping you get answers to your questions and obtain your refund. Some of the posters here have provided good tips on how to proceed.

But I'm with you on peeps trolling into accounts for personal information and trying to open a can of worms where there's no fishing. There's enough trolling and obvious faking going on on this site without having to gin up stuff on posters just because personal opinions don't understand or like what they read.

Best to you.