Internet cost--getting conflicting info

Jay Bee

For some reason I can't find a recent thread on this...

Unlimited Internet is listed on one of the Celebrity web pages as $140 pp for cruise of 5-9 nights and $199 pp on sailings of 10 days or more.

For our 9 night cruise an agent on the phone quoted me $224 pp if purchased ahead of time, $249 on board. It's the Silhouette, if that makes any difference.

What are the current rates, please?

What are the current rates, please?

The rates below do not include Captain's Club Select, Elite or Elite+ discounts. You have to call Celebrity and have your discount applied if you're at either of those 3 levels within the Captain's Club. What ship you're sailing doesn't matter - same prices apply fleetwide.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Thank you both. I was told that the Elite discount is not a package discount but rather 90 minutes per person that can be used in lieu of a package (as long as it lasts).

I wanted the cost to help me decide between the Go Big Better Best options. This helps.

Thank you both. I was told that the Elite discount is not a package discount but rather 90 minutes per person that can be used in lieu of a package (as long as it lasts).

I wanted the cost to help me decide between the Go Big Better Best options. This helps.

That is correct. If you don't want to buy a package, you can use your Elite minutes.

I was told that the Elite discount is not a package discount but rather 90 minutes per person that can be used in lieu of a package (as long as it lasts).

I recently contacted CC about the Elite bennies. Confirmed that the Select bennies also apply to Elite members.

In regards to the internet package: After the 90 minutes pp are used up, Elite members may purchase any internet package for 25% off.

To Jay Bee:

You have to call Celebrity and have your discount applied if you're at either of those 3 levels within the Captain's Club.

I did not know this, as the CC rep did not mention it.

So be sure to call CC before embarkation to find out their procedure for setting up the discount, & especially if you use the Elite member 90 minutes.

To Jay Bee:

I did not know this, as the CC rep did not mention it.

So be sure to call CC before embarkation to find out their procedure for setting up the discount, & especially if you use the Elite member 90 minutes.

If I plan on getting a pkg, I certainly will. For now, it looks like the best option for us is to choose internet as one of the Go Better perks.

Thank you!

In regards to the internet package: After the 90 minutes pp are used up, Elite members may purchase any internet package for 25% off.

It's possible you are correct, but that was not my understanding. I thought you either got the free minutes OR the discount. So you would need to purchase the package before you started using your minutes. Can anyone confirm getting the discount after using up their minutes?

Mike

CC can, if you give them a call.

But if I've already used my minutes, then I'm already on the cruise. Are you suggesting I call CC from the ship? And even if I did, I don't think they can help me purchase a package once the cruise has started.

Mike

It's possible you are correct, but that was not my understanding. I thought you either got the free minutes OR the discount. So you would need to purchase the package before you started using your minutes. Can anyone confirm getting the discount after using up their minutes?

Mike

DH Inquired at the ILounge on our last cruise and was told it was either 90 minutes or the discount; you couldn't use the 90 then get the Elite discount.

But if I've already used my minutes, then I'm already on the cruise. Are you suggesting I call CC from the ship? And even if I did, I don't think they can help me purchase a package once the cruise has started.

Mike

No, I'm suggesting that you call CC sometime before the beginning of the cruise to set it up.

BEAV mentioned in Post #3 that this must be done to get the discounts.

I'm suggesting that by calling CC, be sure to ask how to apply a discount package of your choice after the 90 minutes is used up.

BEAV mentioned in Post #3 that this must be done to get the discounts.

All I know is that you have to call the Captain's Club in order to have your Select, Elite or Elite+ discount applied if you're buying the Unlimited Internet package pre-cruise.

I have no experience with trying to use my Elite+ allocation of minutes first, and then buying a package.

I recently contacted CC about the Elite bennies. Confirmed that the Select bennies also apply to Elite members.

Since the packages are only for unlimited minutes, the 90 minute benefit is useless if you need to then purchase a package.

Did I not read somewhere they offer on board some smaller packages? Seems like there was a deal for around $50 and another for $129. Help?

So if I have a 7 night cruise, can I get onboard and just buy a smaller package, like 2-4 days, to cover my sea days? Or do I have to buy the full 7 day package?

The only packages available other than for the full cruise are:

a) Unlimited use for 24 hours at $49.

b) One hour (must be used in one sitting) for $19.99.

So you could buy the 24 hour package four times for four days at a total cost of $196 instead of the 7-day package for $249.

If I plan on getting a pkg, I certainly will. For now, it looks like the best option for us is to choose internet as one of the Go Better perks.

If you choose that, you will be getting the perk for both people in the cabin.

If you do not need two devices accessing the Internet at the same time, it may be cost effective to purchase one Internet package and use the perk for a different benefit.

If you purchase the unlimited internet pre-cruise you also get the 10% precruise discount, but can't use OBC. Call captains club and have them add the internet and get your captains club discount applied. The website will not give the captains club discounts. You have to call. Did this a week ago. Elite is 90 minutes free or 30% discount, not both. I took the discount. Wife kept the 90 minutes. We'll share the unlimited. Only one device allowed online at a time per unlimited package.

Onboard you can get your captains club discount at the ilounge.

I haven't sailed since they started adding the captains club coupons to your sea pass card so not sure if the discount is automatic now onboard.

It is confusing!

Note for UK bookings: As others post, you must call Captains Club to be able to combine the pre-cruise discount and select/elite/elite+ discount. There is conflicting information out there, you cannot combine these discounts online. Also the website is not up to date re CC office hours. Captains club UK is closed at weekends, so best book on a week day!