Turned away from priority when were platinum...

rae.holmes

My mom is nervous, she doesn't believe me that the fact shes turning platinum on this cruise means shes platinum for the whole cruise. can any of you that have been through this reassure her please.

From the VIFP Terms and Conditions: "Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/termsandconditions.aspx

I turn Platinum on next cruise and we just got home from the Magic last weekend. The day after we got off the ship my husband looked at my boarding pass for next year's cruise and it said I was Platinum (although I don't technically turn Platinum until 3 days in). Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If she reads her ticket/contract, it usually shows. She will see that it says Platinum. She will be Platinum from day 1.

Thats the thing, I've looked at her documents and it doesn't say anything about her being platinum.

My mom is nervous, she doesn't believe me that the fact shes turning platinum on this cruise means shes platinum for the whole cruise. can any of you that have been through this reassure her please.

Tell her to go to the Carnival website and read the FAQs for loyalty benefits.

This has happened to us twice. Two cruises ago my wife became platinum mid cruise. She was given priority and treated as platinum the entire cruise.

Our last cruise I became platinum part way through and my boarding pass and luggage tags both said priority before boarding. We were both given access to the priority lounge for embarkation and was treated as platinum on the entire cruise.

Our daughter will turn platinum on our next cruise, and she was actually given a platinum pin and a platinum gift on our last cruise. We all received invitations to the VIFP party.

If this does not show up on your mothers booking documents, simply call Carnival and explain the situation, they will make the change and the documents will show priority and she will receive all the benefits of a platinum cruiser.

Yes indeed.

It doesn't have either

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It should be on her boarding pass in big red letters. If it isn't , he needs to check her cruise history. On her luggage tags, it should say Priority and have the FTTF logo on them. The word "Platinum" is never on them.