Do the comedy shows have different comedians every night?

Just curious on how it works. I accidentally booked 2 shows different nights. But, I was gonna keep them if they are different comedians. Also, are the later shows for adults only? That is how it was on Carnival.

Just curious on how it works. I accidentally booked 2 shows different nights. But, I was gonna keep them if they are different comedians. Also, are the later shows for adults only? That is how it was on Carnival.

Same two comedians doing pretty much the same material every show.

Thanks for the responses. Are the later shows better or adult only?

All the shows you can reserve are the same material, for mature audiences. There is usually another family type show in the main theater, first come, first served.

So far what I have learned(not yet been on the allure or rcl) carnival also has 2 comedians, but they each do a 1 hour set. On a 5-7 day cruise they may do 2-3 different sets. At least 2, the early clean version and the late dirty version. So if the comedy club is open for 3 nights you would get flip flopping of comedians depending on the time either clean or dirty and then the other night would be the opposite. They also would run maybe extra sets later in the week. So 2 comedians you could get 4 different shows.

It would appear RCL, or at least oasis class, run 2 comedians in each 1 hour set. several times during the week in the club which is all potentially dirty because its 18 or older. Then later in the week at the theater the comedians preform a clean set in front of a larger crowd that could either be clean or dirty but most likely clean or family friendly.

I will know more in 22 days.

So far what I have learned(not yet been on the allure or rcl) carnival also has 2 comedians, but they each do a 1 hour set. On a 5-7 day cruise they may do 2-3 different sets. At least 2, the early clean version and the late dirty version. So if the comedy club is open for 3 nights you would get flip flopping of comedians depending on the time either clean or dirty and then the other night would be the opposite. They also would run maybe extra sets later in the week. So 2 comedians you could get 4 different shows.

It would appear RCL, or at least oasis class, run 2 comedians in each 1 hour set. several times during the week in the club which is all potentially dirty because its 18 or older. Then later in the week at the theater the comedians preform a clean set in front of a larger crowd that could either be clean or dirty but most likely clean or family friendly.

I will know more in 22 days.

I think that this is *rather* misstated.

The facts: on Oasis class ships, there is a dedicated Comedy Club.

Usually 15 times per one week cruise, two comedians perform the same, adults-only show. The only variations come from bouncing off the audience members in front of them. I would not use the word "dirty". It is 18-&-older. There are many possible themes and words not suitable for children.

Then, usually near the end of the cruise, one of them will be scheduled in the main theater for a family-friendly show.

The Comedy Club requires reservations. The other show, in the main theater, does not have reservations.

Usually 15 times per one week cruise, two comedians perform the same, adults-only show. The only variations come from bouncing off the audience members in front of them. I would not use the word "dirty". It is 18-&-older. There are many possible themes and words not suitable for children.

Then, usually near the end of the cruise, one of them will be scheduled in the main theater for a family-friendly show.

The Comedy Club requires reservations. The other show, in the main theater, does not have reservations.

They have recently changed the reservation process for the comedy shows which is why the OP was able to book two reservations. The Comedy Club is now listed twice in the cruise planner. One of the listings is for the show in the Comedy Club. The other is for the same show but in the theater, at least that is how it is listed for my upcoming Allure cruise. The description under the show in the theater specifically states that it is the same over 18 show as you will see in the Comedy Club.

They have recently changed the reservation process for the comedy shows which is why the OP was able to book two reservations. The Comedy Club is now listed twice in the cruise planner. One of the listings is for the show in the Comedy Club. The other is for the same show but in the theater, at least that is how it is listed for my upcoming Allure cruise. The description under the show in the theater specifically states that it is the same over 18 show as you will see in the Comedy Club.

Really?!?!? Which ship?

Really?!?!? Which ship?

Allure, this is the description for the show that is being offered in the Amber Theater.

They say that laughter is the best medicine, and at Comedy LIVE, the doctor is always in! Join us six nights a week for grown up entertainment by riotously funny standup comedians and improv performers. They’ll catch you by surprise and have you laughing all the way to the next port of call.

After dinner, come in for late night laughs and a few unexpected surprises. Enjoy the warm up from our host, and then let loose as two talented comedians deliver joke after joke with sharp punch lines and witty observations.

But beware: this show can be highly interactive at times. If you sit in the front rows of the venue, you may be in for a few playful jabs from our resident comedians!

*Please note, though the location is different, this is the same stand up performance offered on previous sailing days in the Comedy LIVE venue.

Same people.

That's *rather * the same thing I said. Clean and dirty are terms used to describe comedy routines where the comedian either uses bad language or not. 18 and older is considered dirty. During the week 2 comedians preform shows that"can" be dirty and the theater show is not. Thanks for restating what I said but saying I was *rather* incorrect without knowing what *rather* means or what you are talking about.

We did a B2B on Oasis last month. The comedians changed after the first week. All were good but the 2nd week they were better. We did go to the main theatre comedians show the 2nd week and unfortunately left after 10 mins. About 75% of the material was the same and it lost the intimacy of the comedy club venue. I love that they offer this niche experience on such a big ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's *rather * the same thing I said. Clean and dirty are terms used to describe comedy routines where the comedian either uses bad language or not. 18 and older is considered dirty. During the week 2 comedians preform shows that"can" be dirty and the theater show is not. Thanks for restating what I said but saying I was *rather* incorrect without knowing what *rather* means or what you are talking about.

I agree with Merion Mom. You indicated you had not been to the comedy club on RC. To use the word "dirty" has nothing to do with the language, at least on the Oasis class comedy shows I have seen. Some profanity, yes, but the club shows usually play on the audience and are adult themed rather than relying on adult language/profanity. I have seen comedians pick on specific nationalities, racial groups, etc., sexual comments, in other words, not "politically correct" rather than relying on specific language. That's why the show is adult only, not the profanity.

• 1 year later...

The comedians is why I choose Carnival over Royal. I did Royal for 3 nights and the comedy show was one night only. I did Carnival 3 weeks later for 3 nights and they had 3 comedians perform each night with different material. Also did Carnival 2 more times after the comedy shows were great! Gonna do a 7 day this year on Carnival because of the comedians they offer.