Special Family Offer

ORV

I know a lot of people are going to be happy to see this. Got this email this morning.

Special Family Offer

This summer, pack a little extra wonder and excitement when you cruise with us – as the third and fourth guests (17 years and younger) in your stateroom on select voyages sail free. Share the stunning glaciers and wildlife of Alaska or the awe-inspiring adventures in New England and Bermuda with family. Plan your voyage today for unforgettable memories.

Mention Promo Code: KIDSFREE

I know a lot of people are going to be happy to see this. Got this email this morning.

Special Family Offer

This summer, pack a little extra wonder and excitement when you cruise with us – as the third and fourth guests (17 years and younger) in your stateroom on select voyages sail free. Share the stunning glaciers and wildlife of Alaska or the awe-inspiring adventures in New England and Bermuda with family. Plan your voyage today for unforgettable memories.

Mention Promo Code: KIDSFREE

I will look at these and make sure to stay away from all of them.. I have no interest in cruising with kids. I think you will find most Oceania regulars feel the same way. :(:(:(

Many will be Carribe cruises that are tough sells already. They are near giving away some of those cruises already to get people aboard. Now they are just going after a different demographic, with kids sale free promotions, to try to fill cabins.

Of those crying about the kids, how many of you are taking those Carribe tours now anyway?

Many will be Carribe cruises that are tough sells already. They are near giving away some of those cruises already to get people aboard. Now they are just going after a different demographic, with kids sale free promotions, to try to fill cabins.

Of those crying about the kids, how many of you are taking those Carribe tours now anyway?

Did you look at the link? There are 4 Alaska and 3 New England-Bermuda. No Caribbean.

Wow. Some interesting insight comes out in some replies...

Interesting in what way? Seems that the replies are just about the same as in all the years that I have been reading the Oceania boards on cruise critic. Just do not want kids... At all.

ORV;

My comments were based on what was originally offered when they first came out with the deal. You are correct that the Carribe season has mostly passed, and the remaining cruises, on the offer, is for elsewhere.

WOW, hope none of you who have expressed your dislike of kids, are not on my cruise this summer. My Son is coming with us as my parents invited my family including our 11 year old Son. My Son is respectful and travels easily with adults of all ages. He has also looked over all the menu samples online and is excited for things like, sushi, Lamb, lobster and French Onion soup. Sad to see so much hate towards children. It was clearly explained to me that Children are welcome on Oceania Cruises, but there are no specific children programs. My Son, is also excited to visit all the ports and see the many places he learns about in books and school. So, maybe stop your judgment of children and see this as an opportunity for multi-generational families to travel together.

WOW, hope none of you who have expressed your dislike of kids, are not on my cruise this summer. My Son is coming with us as my parents invited my family including our 11 year old Son. My Son is respectful and travels easily with adults of all ages. He has also looked over all the menu samples online and is excited for things like, sushi, Lamb, lobster and French Onion soup. Sad to see so much hate towards children. It was clearly explained to me that Children are welcome on Oceania Cruises, but there are no specific children programs. My Son, is also excited to visit all the ports and see the many places he learns about in books and school. So, maybe stop your judgment of children and see this as an opportunity for multi-generational families to travel together.

+1

I'll bet you and your son will feel very welcome.

Rest assured that a very small number of people post regularly here and they aren't necessarily representative of the people you will find on your cruise.

I have found that the typical Oceania passenger is well-traveled, educated, friendly, and tolerant. They will speak and write in English well and will welcome a variety of passengers as individuals and not assume particular characteristics based on age and/or demographic.

Enjoy your cruise and have a wonderful time with your family!

+1

I'll bet you and your son will feel very welcome.

Rest assured that a very small number of people post regularly here and they aren't necessarily representative of the people you will find on your cruise.

I have found that the typical Oceania passenger is well-traveled, educated, friendly, and tolerant. They will speak and write in English well and will welcome a variety of passengers as individuals and not assume particular characteristics based on age and/or demographic.

Enjoy your cruise and have a wonderful time with your family!

Thank you for your words of reassurance. We do plan to have a wonder family vacation. I don't much worry about what other's think of me as I'm a kind, respectful and cultured person. I do observe the world around me and adapt myself to changes in cultural climates when I travel. It is disappointing to see so many very vocal voices on this board expressing their dislike for children traveling on Oceania. I will ignore these negative people on my cruise and not let them put me or my Son down because he is under the age of 18. Looking forward to traveling in less than 2 months!!

Have no dislike of kids. Just that Oceania is not the place for them...With no activities for them the more chance to get into trouble. The ships for them would be NCL, RCCL, Carnival and a bunch more. I would not take my grandchildren on Oceania as much as I love them. Just not the place for them. :(

As I read through this thread I'm reminded of the immortal words of that famous Missouri humorist, no not Mark Twain but Yogi Berra. It's Deja Vu all over again.

We took our 10 year old grandsons to Alaska last summer and they had a wonderful time. They are begging to go back. There is a very well-run children's program which was both educational and fun. Don't worry about your fellow cruisers. All the adults behaved in a dignified, respectful way and the 19 children responded in kind.

Enjoy your multi-generational cruise.

Mary

I don't know why I am responding on this thread - it's against my better judgment.

That said, this is another area where generalization is unfair and often inaccurate. There are both types of children - those that are well behaved as judged by others and not only their parents. These are usually no problem at all and deserve to be introduced into social situations if they are expected to behave as adults - provided that they are indeed ready for it (and not just by their parents' opinion).

Then there is the other kind that definitely does not belong on Oceania. Many of you may remember the case of a 3 or 4 year old running in circles around the tables in Jacques after he got bored with his dinner; and that is after his mother decorated the table with lots of birthday balloons. Everyone at Jacques was disturbed by this, some even leaving their dinner early - except the parents, of course. Neither the parents nor this child should cruise on Oceania.

I consider well behaved children the same as any adult. If they respect me and others, do not bother me, they are essentially invisible. I wish that could be said of all adults. :D

Edited by Paulchili

Exactly, Paulchili.

So far on our Oceania cruises there have been very few children, and without exception they have been very well behaved. That said, I would avoid the aforementioned cruises simply because the odds of that would likely decrease.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't not like children, I'm anxiously awaiting grandkids! However, ar this stage of my life I am looking forward to a different kind of vacation. When grandkids do come and I want to take them on a cruise I will select a cruise line that caters to the needs of children. For their 50th anniversary sailing with the entire family my parents chose NCL for that reason. Their first choice has always been Celebrity but they realized in that particular instance it would not be the best choice. Two years ago I took mt son and neice on a repositioning from Chile to Miami on Celebrity and while on board there was nothing much for them to do. A better choice probably would have been Royal or NCL. Thankfully they found a family with teens their age and hung wirh them most of the sailing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

i don't not like children, i'm anxiously awaiting grandkids! However, ar this stage of my life i am looking forward to a different kind of vacation. When grandkids do come and i want to take them on a cruise i will select a cruise line that caters to the needs of children. For their 50th anniversary sailing with the entire family my parents chose ncl for that reason. Their first choice has always been celebrity but they realized in that particular instance it would not be the best choice. Two years ago i took mt son and neice on a repositioning from chile to miami on celebrity and while on board there was nothing much for them to do. A better choice probably would have been royal or ncl. Thankfully they found a family with teens their age and hung wirh them most of the sailing.

Sent from my samsung-sm-g935a using forums mobile app

+ 100%

I am currently on Riviera with port in Rome tomorrow. There are a few kids/young adults on our cruise and there are no specific kids programs aboard. However they have been delightful. Well dressed and well mannered - wish some of the adults were equally respectful. While I would still take my grandkids on Disney instead, obviously these kids were raised well and fit in just fine. I don't think Oceania has to worry about them starting belly flop contests or anything else Carnivalesque should we say??

Sent from my iPad using Forums