Two things I'll never cruise without!

I'm going to cheat here a little and say my two things are meds and a fully "stocked" carry on bag.

I usually board the ship in jeans, regardless of the weather. But my carry on has at least two complete changes of clothes (slacks outfit and capri outfit) and a light jacket.

All of my clothes are color coordinated, so with just my boarding outfit and the two in my carry on. I can put together 9 different outfits, even if my luggage is completely lost.

I always take a wind-breaker or light jacket with me ANYWHERE I go, and I live outside of Dallas, where we sometimes have triple-digit summers. (I get cold easily.) I'm always cold in grocery stores, and restaurants.

That said, two things I never cruise without..Chapstick, and a sun hat.

Why sweatpants and a sweatshirt? I understand the need to be warm, but they are so bulky! A pair of twill slacks and a zip up merino wool sweater would be as warm if not more so, and take less packing space than the sweatpants alone. And would look much nicer.

As a Floridian I am enjoying the cool weather. Perfect days and great to sleep with the window open at night. Plus saving a small fortune with the HVAC in the off position. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because the merino wool sweaters I've seen are $90+. Don't have that much use for warm things here in Florida.

If we are traveling to Florida in April we'll have heavier clothes with us since it can still be nippy up here at that time. Today it hit 55 and I was out and about in short sleeves and jeans, but I did have my spring coat with me.

Because the merino wool sweaters I've seen are $90+. Don't have that much use for warm things here in Florida.

JJill has several styles of lightweight merino wool on sale for under $30 right now. Brooks Brothers has men's merino wool on sale for under $50. There is life outside of Walmart and Target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the color co-ordination of Ok girl. Silicone Earplugs and a pretty sweater or wrap...cotton and light weight jacket. I live in what seems like terminal winter but can't wear wool if not lined. OK I went for 3 things..and there are many more lol.

First year family went to Hawaii was the most epic snow year on a cattle ranch. We had to snowmobile one by one with dad and suitcase 5 miles to Suburban dad parked on highway. We slept the night before at my grandmothers in Town 80 miles away and dear family friend who took us kept our big coats in car for return..it snowed here Monday..lol....sigh, still thinking about the retirement winters and praying I can make them warm.

I have found amazing coats at Walmart, a long down one for here and wear both mine and moms 9 years later and a cute layer one..Finally....those 3 jackets in one..have not unzipped it yet LOL. In the 70's down coats were SPENDY...Viva Walmart...and any Brick and Mortar store....all the way to Designer...

:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

So was chilly in Florida today. BooHooHoo

It hit 50 F today in the GTA and people were out in shorts and t-shirts. Convertable tops were down and and the BBQ's were fired up.

Wimps.:rolleyes:

;)

Well, as a former lifelong resident of Toronno (spelling intentional!) I can tell you there's a reason I now live in the south! And it ain't 'cause I miss the snow, that's fer darn sure! You can keep the 50 degrees F barbecue... I've swept snow off the grill just to cook the burgers too many times to enjoy it now!

My 2 'never cruise without it' items are my craft organizer (I use it for meds, small toiletries etc because of all the little compartments) and water shoes... the deck gets scalding hot and I've burned my feet just running to the bar for a refill. Plus the Lido buffet area floor is very slippery and the water shoes prevent unfortunate accidents!

I cruised out of Baltimore last February. When I got to port, it was a comfortable 50 degrees. It was the end of February, and I figured the cold was pretty much on its way out, so I did not pack my lining for my jacket. We came back on March 6, and it was TWENTY degrees?!?!?! Fortunately, in between the gangway and customs, they set out heaters so it wasnt' so bad in line. But once outside the terminal, it was a little cold without my lining.

The thing was, a cold front had nailed the entire eastern seaboard that week, so as we were sailing back from Bahamas, it went from 80 degrees to like 25 degrees overnight with a cold wind. So much so, that for the first time EVER, I actually had to turn on the heat in my room (i usually like it cold).