Mandatory Immigration Form --- Email from Princess

Italy52

Basic information about us: We have booked B2B cruises on the Star Princess to Alaska for July 2017. All my required information has been entered into my "Cruise Personalizer" and shows "complete.

Yesterday, I received an email from Princess with the usual welcome greetings from the Captain. To the right of the Captain's message, I see that the "Mandatory Immigration Form" shows "Incomplete." How can that be as I entered all the "mandatory" information into the system and I verified that it has been entered. So, I picked up the phone and called my TA.

My TA called Princess and came back on the line and said that the rep. needed my flight arrangements in order to remove the "incomplete" from my "Mandatory Immigration Form." I said: "what!!!!!!!!" The flight information has nothing to do with information requested on the "Mandatory Immigration Form (I printed out a hard copy to look at before I called my TA just in case there were questions.)

I gave my TA the flight information and she in turn passed along the information to Princess. The Princess rep said the emails should stop and not to worry about anything.

I have a couple of problems with the request from Princess: 1) I am using independent air arrangements and not required to enter it into the "Cruise Personalizer" --- it is listed as "Optional." 2) Flight arrangements are not even shown on the "Mandatory Immigration Form" so why do you need them? and 3) Why why was this question only raised on the second leg of my B2B reservation and not on the first?

I have cruised with Princess before and never had this happen --- Princess, you are not off to a good start with me this season...hopefully, this is an isolated incident.

I, too, noticed this in preparation for our South America cruises. My take was that they want to/need to understand your total trip. Does it end with you walking away from the terminal, do you need transportation to the airport?

Asking the question provides Princess with a complete picture of your trip.

If you've made private arrangements, then fine and you do not need to embellish with the details.

Skippy

We're booked on a Panama Canal full transit in the Coral next Monday and got the same email about two weeks ago. I double checked my cruise personalizer and everything was ok. We booked airfare through EZAir and that was still ok too. I figured it was just a computer glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Basic information about us: We have booked B2B cruises on the Star Princess to Alaska for July 2017. All my required information has been entered into my "Cruise Personalizer" and shows "complete.

Yesterday, I received an email from Princess with the usual welcome greetings from the Captain. To the right of the Captain's message, I see that the "Mandatory Immigration Form" shows "Incomplete." How can that be as I entered all the "mandatory" information into the system and I verified that it has been entered. So, I picked up the phone and called my TA.

My TA called Princess and came back on the line and said that the rep. needed my flight arrangements in order to remove the "incomplete" from my "Mandatory Immigration Form." I said: "what!!!!!!!!" The flight information has nothing to do with information requested on the "Mandatory Immigration Form (I printed out a hard copy to look at before I called my TA just in case there were questions.)

I gave my TA the flight information and she in turn passed along the information to Princess. The Princess rep said the emails should stop and not to worry about anything.

I have a couple of problems with the request from Princess: 1) I am using independent air arrangements and not required to enter it into the "Cruise Personalizer" --- it is listed as "Optional." 2) Flight arrangements are not even shown on the "Mandatory Immigration Form" so why do you need them? and 3) Why why was this question only raised on the second leg of my B2B reservation and not on the first?

I have cruised with Princess before and never had this happen --- Princess, you are not off to a good start with me this season...hopefully, this is an isolated incident.

We just received the same email. I won't lose sleep over it. I will complete all required things in the personalizer like always.

Regardless of whether it's required or not it would be best if your enter your private air arrangements. Its helps with disembarkation tags/times and other things. I always enter this info.

Your flight arrangements leaving Alaska are needed by US immigration. This is why they show on the 2nd leg of the BTB.

CBP want to know when and how you are leaving the US.

At least this is the situation for us who are from the UK. Perhaps it also applies if you are from the "lower 48"...

I received the same email for my Baltic cruise.

Not going anywhere near the US.

I am from Australia and will be entering and leaving the Schengen zone well before/after the cruise so immigration should be no concern of Princess.

I assumed they had goofed and will see what next weeks email says about it before I start running around in circles.

Jim

Your flight arrangements leaving Alaska are needed by US immigration. This is why they show on the 2nd leg of the BTB.

CBP want to know when and how you are leaving the US.

At least this is the situation for us who are from the UK. Perhaps it also applies if you are from the "lower 48"...

I received the same email for my Baltic cruise.

Not going anywhere near the US.

I am from Australia and will be entering and leaving the Schengen zone well before/after the cruise so immigration should be no concern of Princess.

I assumed they had goofed and will see what next weeks email says about it before I start running around in circles.

Jim

The personal information page-link in the email is not country specific, it's for everyone to fill out..

It requires your name/dob/country of birth/contact information/citizenship/country of residency/return airport.

Immigration is of every concern to Princess as they are required to provide this info wherever they sail.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

The email is just a link to the page in the personalizer that everyone has to fill out.

If you don't fill it out you don't sail.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The personal information page-link in the email is not country specific, it's for everyone to fill out..

It requires your name/dob/country of birth/contact information/citizenship/country of residency/return airport.

My weekly email on 25th March listed as immigration details complete. Yesterday's email changed to incomplete.

When I check my Guest Check-in page, it still lists all sections as complete or optional.

They do have my return airport as well as all the other requested details.

Flight schedule is still listed as optional.

Something has changed and Princess have either goofed or they don't want me to know what they want me to tell them. I assume they have goofed and will eventually wake up and fix it.

I realise that security requirements can change very quickly for no apparent reason but if that was the case, what are the new requirements?

My weekly email on 25th March listed as immigration details complete. Yesterday's email changed to incomplete.

When I check my Guest Check-in page, it still lists all sections as complete or optional.

They do have my return airport as well as all the other requested details.

Flight schedule is still listed as optional.

Something has changed and Princess have either goofed or they don't want me to know what they want me to tell them. I assume they have goofed and will eventually wake up and fix it.

I realise that security requirements can change very quickly for no apparent reason but if that was the case, what are the new requirements?

IMO nothing has changed. I thinks its a glitch.

The email I got makes the Captain look foolish. His name is signed to a document that has the following:-

To help you get ready, we've compiled some useful information and reminders. One of the most important things is to fill out the mandatory Passenger Immigration Information by visiting the

Cruise Personalizer.

On the same document can be found

Mandatory

Immigration

Form

Complete

It is the sort of Head Office incompetence that makes one wonder who does any proofing of what they send out.

I have just finished a call to Princess about this email before I read your replies. He said he had received 100's of queries. The rep told me that it was a glitch in their system and I had completed all info required on the Presonalizer. Take no further action.

Thanks everyone for the replies....seems I am not the only one who received the e-mail. It would be nice if Princess admitted their glitch and issued an email to that effect....it would certainly help other cruisers who might have the same concerns as I did.

Thanks everyone for the replies....seems I am not the only one who received the e-mail. It would be nice if Princess admitted their glitch and issued an email to that effect....it would certainly help other cruisers who might have the same concerns as I did.

Well it is an immigration form so I doubt Princess will correct that.

Well it is an immigration form so I doubt Princess will correct that.

Sorry, don't agree. They could explain that if you entered the immigration information into the Cruise Personalizer and it shows that entry is complete then nothing more needs to be done.

We just received the same email. I won't lose sleep over it. I will complete all required things in the personalizer like always.

Regardless of whether it's required or not it would be best if your enter your private air arrangements. Its helps with disembarkation tags/times and other things. I always enter this info.

However, when I enter my flight info for my upcoming cruise, the Princess site freaks out. I get back into LA at 7:00 AM and have a flight out of LAX at 12:05 and the site insists on telling me it's invalid as there isn't enough time to make the flight.I did inquire here on CC regarding the flight time and had a universal reaction that there is plenty of time to make the flight. I finally just gave up and deleted all flight info and now the site is happy.

I had this yesterday as well and presume it's just a glitch. The mandatory information is shown as incomplete on the email but it's still showing as complete (which I know it is) on my personalizer. I've already printed out our boarding passes so as far as I'm concerned we're good to go.

We received the same email and everything had been completed on my end and showed completed for both of us. It said my husbands was not. I filled it out again and it was fine. This was also the time when the system lost my husband. He couldn't sign into his personalizer and they said he didn't exist. We send an email to our TA and she had it fixed for us.

However, when I enter my flight info for my upcoming cruise, the Princess site freaks out. I get back into LA at 7:00 AM and have a flight out of LAX at 12:05 and the site insists on telling me it's invalid as there isn't enough time to make the flight.I did inquire here on CC regarding the flight time and had a universal reaction that there is plenty of time to make the flight. I finally just gave up and deleted all flight info and now the site is happy.

I do that all the time and it just says there is a conflict. However it still accepts the flights.

I think the conflict stays there as a note. Does not affect your booking.

The email is a generic one (even though it is supposedly from the Captain). Ours routinely have complete or incomplete show up at random. If your personalizer says complete your are good (and even if it doesn't you can do any of this at the pier, although they prefer you do it in advance to speed up the lines).

I am sailing next week on the Royal princess TA. I have received two emails over the past two weeks that also say the same thing. I looked over everything and it is completed. I even called princess and they looked it over and said that everything is completed. They said "don't worry about it you are all set to sail.

ditto, ditto, ditto. What a mess. B2B but different cabins, not booked as b2b, and with diff. people. Flights a mess, even though booked with EZAir. Going with daughter ONE way, staying in port, meeting Hubby (flying EZAir)for next leg, and then both flying home together. Everything 'complete' then the same email. The poor Princess rep. was laughing and almost crying trying to straighten it out! She kept saying 'air shows you going nowhere, coming from nowhere'. Glad to hear everyone in same 'boat' so to speak.

Sorry, don't agree. They could explain that if you entered the immigration information into the Cruise Personalizer and it shows that entry is complete then nothing more needs to be done.

When you go to the link for Boarding Pass and Travel Summary there are a bunch of other items there. One is this:

• Passenger Immigration Form PDF 123KBIf you are unable to complete the Personal Information in the Guest Check-In section online, complete this form and fax as indicated.

When you click on the link it says it is a mandatory form but the info right under the link states that it is only needed if you can't put your info into the personalizer. Very lame...