Luggage Tag Origami

koopmae

We have been sent our eDocs with the luggage tags on, and they have the instructions to fold the paper up and then staple/tape them up on your luggage.

Last year, we didn't get sent these (booked through TA) so the guys at the Port sorted it. I have looked and searched, but aside from the folded paper makes it a bit stronger through bulk, what is the reason for not being allowed to cut them out?

We were given some clear luggage tags, that if I could cut them down would fit really neatly in the tags, but don't if they are all folded up. The information is still visible? Would also mean we could put them on at the airport, rather than having to dig them out at the port as it suggests (and since you're not allowed to carry staplers on planes, a roll of tape takes up make-up space :D)

I saw posts about sticky luggage tags, but the paperwork suggests this is not a option now - does anyone know more about this?

I have flown with the little tiny stapler several times, last in March this year. EM

Both times I've travelled with one in hand luggage (through work) they've been confiscated. If I put in hold luggage, not easy to access!

I'm a little OCD with mine, I cut them out, fill in any info them laminate them and then put in my nice plastic luggage tag holders I got on amazon

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I have a laminator, so I seal the tags, punch a hole in them and use a plastic tie wrap to secure them to the suitcase.

So I could cut them out then? I have the clear luggage tags, but they don't seem to fit the folded up tags (too bulky).

Guess I will give it a whirl, and if it doesn't work I will plead ignorance and ask them to put them on at the port :)

You could cut them down and put them in the luggage holder. They just need to know what room to deliver them to. I second the suggestion of just having the porter at the port use the ones he or she will have. They work like airline tags and take a few seconds each to do. If you're paranoid, just double-check that they write the correct room number.

So I could cut them out then? I have the clear luggage tags, but they don't seem to fit the folded up tags (too bulky).

Guess I will give it a whirl, and if it doesn't work I will plead ignorance and ask them to put them on at the port :)

I used the narrow plastic sleeves (for RCI/CELEBRITY tags) for the first time last year and I did find the folded printed tags were too thick for the particular brand I had purchased. I cut off two of the folds and could then slide the thinner tags into the sleeves much easier. In the past I have used the wider sleeves (for Carnival/Princess/HAL, etc) even on Celebrity. These sleeves can take the properly folded Celebrity tags because they open wider.

Another poster suggested a label maker to add your name to the printed tags and I'll try that for my upcoming cruise. Last year I printed my name and tapped it onto my tag.

Yes, it's a little extra work, but it's part of the cruise experience for me. Plus I'm OCD about little things like the tags. 😀

I used staples and tape in the past, but finally settled on the plastic sleeves to ease my concerns about the tags pulling off. I also put a tag inside my luggage just in case.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Three suggestions regarding the luggage tags....

• I just got (4) FREE clear plastic luggage tag holders from right here on Cruise Critic! Here is the link to the offer:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=479

• I have always printed out the paper tags from the cruise line documents, folded as directed, then used the wide clear plastic packaging tape to "laminate" both sides of the tags. Easy to borrow a stapler from the hotel we stay at pre-cruise. You could even place a regular return address label on your tag before you "laminate" it with the tape.

• This is our first time on Celebrity, and was pleased to find a link in my Cruise Docs to order personalized sticky luggage tags from the cruise line (like the ones they use at the airports. This will be even better, as it eliminates the need to do anything else besides stick them on when we get to the port!

Seems like many of you are doing a lot of work and we aren't sure why. The porters will make your tags for you at the pier and there is not extra work involved

One persons work might be someone enjoyment. I like making the tags. It is fun. I even still order the luggage tags from Celebrity as a backup.

Seems like many of you are doing a lot of work and we aren't sure why. The porters will make your tags for you at the pier and there is not extra work involved

When we boarded in Venice last year there was a long queue of passengers waiting for labels from the porters. We were able to bypass this queue as I had printed our luggage tags at home and attached them at the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• This is our first time on Celebrity, and was pleased to find a link in my Cruise Docs to order personalized sticky luggage tags from the cruise line (like the ones they use at the airports. This will be even better, as it eliminates the need to do anything else besides stick them on when we get to the port!

This option hasn't been available to cruisers in some other countries, notably the UK.

This option hasn't been available to cruisers in some other countries, notably the UK.

I know that only USA and Canada can order luggage tags online. But I thought that others would have E-Doc and near the end would have luggage tags that you can print. Does the UK get E-Doc's?

I know that only USA and Canada can order luggage tags online. But I thought that others would have E-Doc and near the end would have luggage tags that you can print. Does the UK get E-Doc's?

Yes. That is currently the only option AFAIK.

Yes we do. We just print the labels from the edocs, cut them out and put them in the Amazon holders. Have used this method for our last two cruises with no problems at all.

Sticky Labels aren't on offer to our booking, because of status or geography I'm guessing. There is a link to order, but it then states not available (with no reason)

Sticky Labels aren't on offer to our booking, because of status or geography I'm guessing. There is a link to order, but it then states not available (with no reason)

Interesting!

We're in New York and sailing on the Equinox.

When I clicked on the link in my Cruise Docs, a short form pops up to fill in the mailing address to ship the tags to.

Will report back if/when they are received!

In the meantime, I've got the printer fired up! HAHA!

Three suggestions regarding the luggage tags....

• I just got (4) FREE clear plastic luggage tag holders from right here on Cruise Critic! Here is the link to the offer:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=479

• I have always printed out the paper tags from the cruise line documents, folded as directed, then used the wide clear plastic packaging tape to "laminate" both sides of the tags. Easy to borrow a stapler from the hotel we stay at pre-cruise. You could even place a regular return address label on your tag before you "laminate" it with the tape.

Where do I find the link?