Absolutely appalling behavior from a Diamond member

Hi all,

We were on the Allure last week (I will post a more detailed review later) but I wanted to bring up an experience we had at guest services.

We were in line (for something really minor, mind you) and there were only two VERY overworked people at the desk. The lady in front of us got up to the front and started SCREAMING at the poor lady, calling her names, swearing, demanding compensation for having to wait, and following it all up with, "I'm a DIAMOND member, and I pay YOUR paycheck." Thankfully some people, including ourselves, told the lady off and to leave the poor attendant (who looked like she was about to cry) alone.

Just...don't treat customer service people like crap. I don't care how high of a level you are, but please don't treat customer service workers like they're subhuman.

Many years ago...a very wise person I know taught me a simple truth: "Money doesn't buy brains".

Rest assured...there are thousands of cases (firsthand and other) that have proven this to be true of the years...and plenty of posts at this site as evidence as well. Courtesy is testimony to a civilized society.

The OP posted this four months ago. It's quite possible the offending D member has already had a heart attack and does not cruise any longer with her attitude.

Chill...enjoy...relax...eat chocolate ...repeat...it's healthier that way. ;)

The OP posted this four months ago. It's quite possible the offending D member has already had a heart attack and does not cruise any longer with her attitude.

Chill...enjoy...relax...eat chocolate ...repeat...it's healthier that way. ;)

She is obviously a heart attack candidate for being that stressed out on a cruise which should be a relaxing holiday.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

High stress and anxiety....ouch indeed....suffered (luckily a mild one) already from a high stress career, which

is now thankfully history.

Not worth your health getting stressed out over something.

Sorry to hear that,i got High Blood Pressure through work related stress.

Sorry to hear that,i got High Blood Pressure through work related stress.

Yup... So, now I am such a lucky girl to take those pills for life. :o Damage was already done.

Hope you are able to control your BP also. Not a good plan for a body to deal with. :(

In my case eating to much chocolate.

Oh that's right...I did see a mention that you were a chocolate pusher! ;) You and Bucky would

be very good friends! :cool:

Me, I did the wine sales for 12 years...no problems there...it was the following career in the food

distribution business I was in for five years that caused the damage. Unfortunately the wine

distributor I worked for closed the business...that was the sweet career that I still miss...but

retirement is the career I am enjoying the most! :D

Oh that's right...I did see a mention that you were a chocolate pusher! ;) You and Bucky would

be very good friends! :cool:

Me, I did the wine sales for 12 years...no problems there...it was the following career in the food

distribution business I was in for five years that caused the damage. Unfortunately the wine

distributor I worked for closed the business...that was the sweet career that I still miss...but

retirement is the career I am enjoying the most! :D

Taking tablets for blood pressure.

Sold chocolate,sugar and toffee confectionery for 30 years,records for 3 years,bank for 3 years and a few others too.

All our neighbours enjoy their freebies from me and Bucky would be very welcome too if we lived near to you.

Some of you people have really nasty, dark streaks to you. Wishing people you never met had heart attacks? Wow. Shameful.

Never said I wished for that...shame on you.

Just know from personal experience what leading a stressful life can do to you. It's not worth it, especially when

you are on a cruise ship for the purpose of relaxing and enjoy your vacation.

Taking tablets for blood pressure.

Sold chocolate,sugar and toffee confectionery for 30 years,records for 3 years,bank for 3 years and a few others too.

All our neighbours enjoy their freebies from me and Bucky would be very welcome too if we lived near to you.

We found this fantastic fresh chocolate shop up here in Maine near Lubec. Wow...the place smells great too.

Over a hundred different varieties of chocolates on display in the large shop. Me...I have to stick to the sugar free stuff,

which they had indeed. Local dried Maine blueberries covered in SF dark chocolate. Heavenly! :)

Never said I wished for that...shame on you.

Just know from personal experience what leading a stressful life can do to you. It's not worth it, especially when

you are on a cruise ship for the purpose of relaxing and enjoy your vacation.

Please save the attempt at narcissism and turning it on me, nice attempt to gaslight but I'm not going to buy it.

Perhaps the person with the bad behavior had a rough day, thought about their actions, and later apologized in person or sent a note of apology and then modified their behavior in the future. Humans do make mistakes, but some learn from them. I prefer that line of thinking than to hoping or pontificating if someone dropped dead...wow.

Please save the attempt at narcissism and turning it on me, nice attempt to gaslight but I'm not going to buy it.

Perhaps the person with the bad behavior had a rough day, thought about their actions, and later apologized in person or sent a note of apology and then modified their behavior in the future. Humans do make mistakes, but some learn from them. I prefer that line of thinking than to hoping or pontificating if someone dropped dead...wow.

Yeah...Wow...:rolleyes:

In no way did I ever say I wished for that person to have a heart attack or drop dead. Just that stress can cause a heart attack.

Fact of life. Sorry If I made you upset. Having a bad day yourself? Relax, chill, eat some chocolate. ;)

Nobody wished that,the point was people who get highly strung on a cruise obviously have stress at home too and they are heading for health problems if they don't control their anger.

Hi all,

We were on the Allure last week (I will post a more detailed review later) but I wanted to bring up an experience we had at guest services.

We were in line (for something really minor, mind you) and there were only two VERY overworked people at the desk. The lady in front of us got up to the front and started SCREAMING at the poor lady, calling her names, swearing, demanding compensation for having to wait, and following it all up with, "I'm a DIAMOND member, and I pay YOUR paycheck." Thankfully some people, including ourselves, told the lady off and to leave the poor attendant (who looked like she was about to cry) alone.

Just...don't treat customer service people like crap. I don't care how high of a level you are, but please don't treat customer service workers like they're subhuman.

We had a similar experience at the GS desk once. A guy at the counter was loudly & aggressively yelling at the GS Manager. She held her ground & told him that she could not adjust his bill for a refund. He went off on her again and finally walked away. She then waved us to approach the counter. You could tell that she was very shaken, upset, and in general, needed a break. I told her I was sorry that she had to go through that and if she needed to take a break for a water or to re-group to feel free to do so. She said no that she was OK.

I guess kindness goes a lot further than meanness as she gave me a refund on something that was far more than we requested and even expected. Either that or when at GS, it's good to follow jerks. :p

We had a similar experience at the GS desk once. A guy at the counter was loudly & aggressively yelling at the GS Manager. She held her ground & told him that she could not adjust his bill for a refund. He went off on her again and finally walked away. She then waved us to approach the counter. You could tell that she was very shaken, upset, and in general, needed a break. I told her I was sorry that she had to go through that and if she needed to take a break for a water or to re-group to feel free to do so. She said no that she was OK.

I guess kindness goes a lot further than meanness as she gave me a refund on something that was far more than we requested and even expected. Either that or when at GS, it's good to follow jerks. :p

You are right on both counts.

GS are only doing a job and no one has the right to abuse them and most times anywhere you are more likely to achieve your objective by being pleasant.