How hard will this be?

lovingCCL

I am going on my 8th cruise in May and I am, as always, super excited. However, I am really stressing the fact that we have an interior booked. I have only had balcony or suites before. Has anyone downgraded like this before? Was it a huge deal or no biggie? Thanks!

When we first started cruising in 2004, we had only suites and balconies. Now, (because I try to go as often as I can) it's whatever we can afford. I have done interior bunks and been perfectly fine. I will do anything to cruise. I actually found that I sleep amazing in inside cabins!

When we first started cruising in 2004, we had only suites and balconies. Now, (because I try to go as often as I can) it's whatever we can afford. I have done interior bunks and been perfectly fine. I will do anything to cruise. I actually found that I sleep amazing in inside cabins!

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

I've had every class of stateroom available. I prefer the inside. To me, it's cooler, darker for sleeping/daytime naps, and costs way less, which gives me more money to do other things. I am only in the room to sleep and use the restroom/shower. Balconies, in my opinion, are not large enough to justify the additional cost and I don't need the additional room, whirlpool tub, the suites offer, etc.

I'm there to be outside, engage people, and enjoy the panoramic views of the open decks ---not be confined to a 8 x 10 restricted view from 10 planks that don't have enough room to change your mind on.

Just my opinion.

I have to agree with everyone that there is nothing wrong with them. we have had all types and really do love sleeping the best in the interiors. Our September cruise is an interior again. Our last cruise in January we had a balcony and I really wish I had saved the money and did the interior.

For some, only a balcony or better will do. For others, different cabin types have different utility. I think there are circumstances where I'd do an interior. We've generally found our sweet spot at Ocean View, more for the little extra square footage than the view itself. But I'll gladly do a balcony when that makes sense and I'd consider a nicely placed Interior if the price was right.

Enjoy. A little experimentation is fun.

Well, I'm going to take the opposing view here :-)

I just went on a cruise last month on the Sunshine and I was in an interior room for the first time ever. I've stayed in ocean views, balconies and suites prior to the interior room.

I hated it.

It's dark (and depressing in my opinion). I would wake up and not know if it was day or night, the room was hot even though we had the AC maxed the entire time (could be an issue with the specific room I was in) and the lack of any sort of window definitely made the room feel much smaller to me.

It seems like most people don't really care what kind of room they're in, and don't get me wrong I still had a great cruise, but staying in an interior room was by far the least enjoyable part of my trip.

I don't mean to be too negative, but just wanted to share my experience. Either way, you're cruising!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have never been in an inside cabin , may some day, but won't be for a 14 day cruise!! I'll probably try a 5 day out of my home port Galveston. Just to see if I can handle it.

We've gone to getting an ocean view just to save a little [emoji383] since we still get the same number of VIFP points.

Blessings

CKM

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have had insides on several occasions, but our Feb 17 sailing was the first inside in a while. We just wanted a super cheap vacation week because we had so much going on this year ( kid weddings, new house etc). So we decided that it would be our serenity deck cruise. Each morning, either my husband or I would head up to serenity super early (7am latest) with a fleece blanket from movie night and just chill. When the other woke up we would grab breakfast and eat together up there in the clamshell. We stayed up there as long as we wanted to each day and never missed having the balcony =) Insides are the best for naps =)

I'm almost the opposite. I have only sailed Interior and our next is in a Balcony. I know it is a port heavy sailing so not much time will be spent in the cabin. I am worried about how well I will sleep since I'm so used to the complete darkness in an interior!

I can do an interior, if necessary, for a short cruise. Last couple times we did, however, I had nightmares after the first night. I usually wake a couple times during the night. DH has no issue, but I find it's too dark and disorienting. I like to look out at night and see water and stars.

If that's the only way to be able to cruise, I would deal with it, maybe..

We alternate balconies and insides according to price and itinerary. Especially on port intensive cruises, a balcony is not missed. If it's a choice to cruise or not, I'll take an inside! It is smaller, but there are other places on the ship to hang out that replace the time we would spend on our balcony. Enjoy your cruise!

When we cruise with one set of friends, we get a balcony so we can open them up & sit out there on sea days. With the other group of friends, we get insides a lot. We don't spend tons of time in our cabin, so I'm ok with any type. The interiors are nice & dark, so if you need a nap, they're great. However, set an alarm if you need to be up by a certain time in the morning. Balcony cabins are larger than interior. I'd like to try one of the interiors with either a porthole or picture window. If it came down to how often I could cruise, I would just take the cheapest so I could go more often.

lovingCCL, you have to try it for yourself. Only you and your travel companion(s) know if an interior will work.

I always wonder if those that say get an interior, you don't spend any time in your cabin anyway say that because there isn't much to do in an interior except sleep and shower?

We book mostly ocean views because we really do spend time in our stateroom. We use the time to reconnect and enjoy having the couch and coffee table. Great for sharing snacks from room service or playing cards while we talk.

Remember, it is all about personal preference. It won't make or break your cruise if you don't like the interior. You will just know no to book it again. OR you might like it and can sail more often with the savings.

HINT: Tune your TV to the forward lido deck camera with the volume down. It is almost like having a window.

Our 1st cruise was Oceanview, and since then we've had balconies. We spend a lot of time on our balcony so it's worth the money for us. I would stay in an inside or ocean view though, no problem! There's so much to do on a cruise so you're not really in the room that much anyways.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

If, like thawk0182, you find an Interior cabin too dark overnight, put the TV screen on the forward camera channel. As the sun rises, your room will get "sunnier."

We've done interiors exclusively and are quite content. Even 14 nights in the Mediterranean with the entire family. Just choose the most reasonable set-up: twin beds against the walls and the bunks directly above....more room to walk and maneuver post-excursion, in the morning, etc.

I think it depends on how much time you spend in the room. I don't spend much time in the room and I've found that room location is what's most important to me...so I book lido interior. Great location, gets dark for sleeping. I love them!

This is from someone who always books an interior room...they are fine, you'll be fine! We use the room for sleeping/sex/showering/dressing. And yes, there are some people that will say we would spend more time in our rooms if they were bigger or had a balcony to sit on but we don't go on cruises to sit in the room. We go to be outside by the pool, lounging around and watching the ocean go by on a bar stool with friends and a frosty beverage, playing trivia, etc. We also can easily go take a nap on a sea day if we choose because the rooms are so dark and cool. Initially we booked an interior room for the darkness because my husband is an officer and spent many years doing shift work, sleeping with blackout curtains, and has now gotten so that it is difficult for him to sleep without it. After the first time that is all we book and the price is usually excellent. I guess all you can do is try it and see how you feel! Good luck and happy cruising :)

Overall for me it is about cost, if the balconies aren't much more than an interior I will move up. But overall we often start with and keep inside cabins. Our upcoming cruise on the Triumph we managed to get a balcony for only $70 pp more than the inside so for us we switched. Overall we don't spend a huge amount of time in the rooms, while the balconies are nice for us they aren't a requirement.

I've had OV, porthole, Balcony and interior. While the interior was probably my least favorite, it in no way adversely affected my cruise. We actually slept better because of the darkness and there was less movement felt. My next cruise is a porthole and the one after that is an interior.

Cost is a deciding factor for me to so i book cruises a year or two out so i can afford a balcony, i have 3 cruises booked 2 balconies and one Havana Cabana nothing like sitting on your balcony in your pajamas as the ship comes into port drinking a mimosa or coffee can not do this if i had interior or ocean view