Haven portable phone

legalcruiser

Are there portable phones in the Haven cabins? Does anyone remember how big it is? Not sure that I want to lug it around but like the idea for splash academy emergencies. Trying to figure out whether it will fit in my purse. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by legalcruiser

Disney had them, but I don't know about other lines. They are a type of cell phone that allow you to call other people on the ship. They only work onboard. Each cabin gets 2 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sorry! Disney is Wave. Changed title so I don't continue to confuse folks.

I heard the Haven suites have a portable phone too?

The Haven phones are about the size of a cordless phone in your home. My husband carries it around in his pocket.

It's about the size of an old style Nokia "candy-bar" phone, very similiar or same as those carried by NCL ship's officers.

It's on the lower right corner of this (Getaway Haven suite) picture taken by one of our nieces 2 years ago, sitting on its charger base (zoom in on a desktop browser for a closeup)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zuktrsqb5ndszo/GA-Haven-Suite-May2015.jpg?dl=0

It's about the size of an old style Nokia "candy-bar" phone, very similiar or same as those carried by NCL ship's officers.

It's on the lower right corner of this (Getaway Haven suite) picture taken by one of our nieces 2 years ago, sitting on its charger base (zoom in on a desktop browser for a closeup)

Great! Thank you!

This is a similar phone from that picture if it is too hard to see

61h3m35adNL._SY355_.jpg

Disney had them, but I don't know about other lines. They are a type of cell phone that allow you to call other people on the ship. They only work onboard. Each cabin gets 2 of them.

it is not really a cell phone, just a standard wireless/cordless phone. the ships uses a voice over IP (voip) phone system.

Yes it is the same phone that the ships staff carries around butler concierge etc.

You can take it anywhere around the ship and even off the ship in the vicinity of

the port. If someone calls your cabin you can answer the call remotely. You can

call your cabin occupants to meet somewhere for dinner etc. Reception is fine

maybe not so good in an elevator - nice perk for suite guests. Used my perk

quite often the NCL DAWN western Caribbean and New England cruises.

The phone is great for keeping in touch. You can call any room and the kids can use the phones that are all over the ship to call you. They just call the room and your portable phone will ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in the 2br family suite. If those rooms have the phone as well, that will be AWESOME for communicating with our boys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

We've been in the 2 bedroom suite twice. The phone is fantastic for Splash Academy to stay in touch. When they ask where you will be, just tell them you will have the Handy Phone. No further information needed. :p

• 7 months later...