Getting on the Anthem in NJ...searched the boards couldn't find answer

Hi Guys.

We are cruising on the Anthem early May 2017..What time do they "open" the ship for embarkation? Being a diamond member and freq cruiser, I know the stated time is often not the "real" time...Anyone have first hand knowledge of when the first people are allowed boarding. We are traveling to Bayonne by private vehicle and we are deciding on our travel time.

Thanks

Bee

Hi Guys.

We are cruising on the Anthem early May 2017..What time do they "open" the ship for embarkation? Being a diamond member and freq cruiser, I know the stated time is often not the "real" time...Anyone have first hand knowledge of when the first people are allowed boarding. We are traveling to Bayonne by private vehicle and we are deciding on our travel time.

Thanks

Bee

We have sailed twice on Anthem. We sailed in February and the ship arrived in Bayonne at 6am and sailed at 3pm. Boarding had already started at 10:30am when we were checking in at the port.

When we sailed last September, the ship arrived in Bayonne at 7am and sailed at 4pm. Boarding started just after 11am.

We're Diamond also, 2 weeks ago we parked in the garage at 10:15, we were on the ship by 10:30

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found it pretty quick to get on board, especially with the I-pad check in. It was just as fast disembark and getting car from the garage and home in Monmouth county.

For the March 19 sailing, we got there around 10:30 and they had already started boarding. On our other Anthem cruises, it was pretty much the same, Never waited past 11am. We like to get there early because the drop-off line can back up by noon.

Hi Guys.

Thanks

Bee

just off the anthem diamonds loaded 10 45 ish I was on ship by 11 am as a lowly emerald lol

When we sailed Anthem last June there was a diamond check-in line, but no priority boarding. Were just told to sit in waiting room with everyone else. Arrived at 10:30 and there were already 500 folks ahead of us. Boarding commenced at 11:00 and we got on 30 minutes later. From what folks are saying here sounds like the process has improved.

When you do online check in, it will ask you what time you would like to check in. They call it appointment time for checking in. We picked 10:30-11:00.

This is not enforced at all. You can board any time you like.

It was FIFO March 2017. They did it by row based on who was seated first, no priority boarding. Was on the ship by 10:30.

What is up with No Prioity Boarding Perk that is listed as a Perk for Diamond Plus passengers. This has now happen 2 times in Florida, where we arrived and had to wait in line with everyone else as the ship had not been cleared for boarding, but when it was cleared, they did not board you by C&A status, it was who was in line first and no place to sit and wait either, you had to stand in line.

What is up with No Prioity Boarding Perk that is listed as a Perk for Diamond Plus passengers. This has now happen 2 times in Florida, where we arrived and had to wait in line with everyone else as the ship had not been cleared for boarding, but when it was cleared, they did not board you by C&A status, it was who was in line first and no place to sit and wait either, you had to stand in line.

The horror.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
It was FIFO March 2017. They did it by row based on who was seated first, no priority boarding. Was on the ship by 10:30.

Just wanted to update this. I just returned from the April 17th sailing and there was a section for Diamond/Diamond Plus. Was the same result as my trip in March though, on the ship by about 10:30.

Hi Guys.

Thanks

Bee

We just returned today. We arrived at the port about 10:20 am, drink in hand on board by 10:45

Sailed Anthem 4/2/17 and requested 10:30 to 11:00am. After parking walked into the port at 10:30, a friendly woman with the I Pad came up to us. She checked us in and we were sitting in the WJ by 10:40 already having breakfast/lunch. We were done by 11:00. It was our first RCI cruise so had no special status at all. It was the easiest embarkation process I have ever been through. When I sail Carnival I usually buy something called faster to the fun to A) get us on board a little faster but more importantly b) have our room ready for us as soon as we embark. Worth the 60.00 to me so don't have to carry our carry on with us until rooms are ready. RCI does it right. At 11:00am from the windows we noticed the line to drop luggage with the porters had already grown significantly. Get there at 10:30 and it should be a breeze.

Sorry to hijack..but for those of you getting off Anthem and that needed to get to EWR (I have a 12:30pm flight) what were your options used for transportation and the approx cost ?

Sorry to hijack..but for those of you getting off Anthem and that needed to get to EWR (I have a 12:30pm flight) what were your options used for transportation and the approx cost ?

The taxi dispatcher offers a shared shuttle for $20/pp and a private car for $55-60. You can also book a private car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo. There are no cabs to "hail" at the port.

When you arrive at Cape Liberty you can find the taxi dispatcher before you board and ask.

The taxi dispatcher offers a shared shuttle for $20/pp and a private car for $55-60. You can also book a private car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo. There are no cabs to "hail" at the port.

When you arrive at Cape Liberty you can find the taxi dispatcher before you board and ask.

So.....there are no taxi's to "hail" but there's a taxi dispatcher :confused:

I also have a 12:30 flight and plan to do self-disembark and catch an Uber. An estimate from the app is just over $20.