Self Serve Laundry aboard Viking Ocean Ships

60andhappy

• 4 months later...
On 7/22/2018 at 8:49 AM, Azulann said:

This thread has more posts than any dress code thread. 🆒

Everyone on board will have clean chothes with two options: self service or viking laundry .

Love the Viking posters!

I have read through these 3 pages and have most of my questions answered.  I have not seen what the turn around time is for laundry service.  My experience on another line has been that they say approximately 2 days but it has usually been quicker.  Does Viking give you a time frame? 

On Amazon trip, as a water saving measure, the lauderettes were closed for several days. The Viking Sea cannot 'make' water on the Amazon so asks everyone to conserve. Once it refilled the water tanks in Manaus, the lauderettes reopened but we had to continue to conserve water until we were back in the Atlantic. 

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, King Windom said:

We are going on the Viking Sea in 2020 and noticed that our cabin is across from the launderette.  Should we be worried about noise?  It seems that the launderette is open overnight.

No. I never noticed any noise in the hall. I actually talked to a woman who always picked the cabin across from the lauderette so she could go back and forth easily. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

Is there a separate sheet for dry cleaning?

I'm confused about the button for detergent.  Picture seems to show two white buttons?

Relax!  Which ever ship you are on, it will be different.

I believe there is a separate sheet for dry cleaning.

1 minute ago, Peregrina651 said:

Relax!  Which ever ship you are on, it will be different.

I believe there is a separate sheet for dry cleaning.

Oh don't worry.  I'm not losing any sleep.  I'm just excited.

I did some laundry on my last cruise but didn't need it all.  

2 hours ago, Small is better said:

No. I never noticed any noise in the hall. I actually talked to a woman who always picked the cabin across from the lauderette so she could go back and forth easily. 

Thanks for the reply. The way the cabins are laid out it did not appear to be a problem.

Edited by King Windom

• 8 months later...
On 4/17/2017 at 10:05 PM, Peregrina651 said:

This is the laundry room on Deck 3 of the Sea. Washers are on the bottom. (I had to find the picture just to jog my memory)

enhance

And while I'm at it, here's a picture of the washing machine control panel. It won't seem so daunting the first time you go to use it. The first time I went to use it, I just stared at like it was written in Martian (yeah, I went for the PC choice of alphabets). It even reminds you that after you start the machine that you have to go over to the soap dispensers on the wall (just out of the picture, on the wall to the right of the machines) and push the button-- dispenser 3 for this machine.

enhance

On 4/20/2017 at 10:47 PM, snookie1 said:

We will be on the Sea in November in the Caribbean, so I was very happy to see this information about the washers and dryers. The picture of the control panel on the washer was puzzling to me. I can figure out the setting icons on the left bottom, but what do those 2 rows of icons mean at the top? I am thinking maybe #1 means very dirty loads; maybe #2 is whites? #3 might be permanent press? #4 delicates? But what about #5 and #6? And what about the 2 icons to the right of the time indicator? If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be so grateful!

I know this is older, but I think I understand the washer controls:

Top right green button - start

Under the "press dispenser 3" sticker: 4 fabric type options - heavy duty, whites/cottons, permanent press, delicates; 2 spin options - rinse and spin, spin only

Thermometer - water temperature: cold, warm, hot?

Spiral - spin speed: low, medium, fast

Shirt - soil level: light, medium, heavy

Green lights indicate what is selected.  Green numbers are minutes remaining (which being HE machines are likely an estimate and may adjust during cycle)

Lock - self explanatory, door locked while filled with water

Tub with vertical line - soak?

Tub with water and + - extra rinse

Is that right?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, friendlyfifer said:

How can this topic go on and on and on?!!! A crew member will help you understand the washing machines. Get a life and enjoy your cruise.

Maybe your laundry is done but the rest of us are waiting.   I saw no staff members when I did mine.  I have a life thanks.

That response wasn't too friendly.

Edited by zitsky

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, NeonZebra said:

Is the detergent provided on the ships scented ?  Allergies....

Yes it is scented.  Extra rinse didn't help.  If you must bring your own, it should be HE compatible. 

Speaking of allergies, those of us who do have allergies would prefer that people don't use fabric softeners in the machines as the product lingers, especially dryer sheets. 

• Thanks 1