How is San Juan and Labadee Haiti?

Looking at a 9 day cruise next year on Anthem but I'm not sure about those two ports. I like the ports Bermuda and S.T. Martaan but not sure about San Juan PR and Labadee Haiti. Anyone tell me if they like those two ports or not and why they feel that way?

I really like a 12 day cruise too but might be a but too long for us with a then 4 year old son. Ports are awesome and its only 40 bucks more per person for 12 days as apposed to 9 days. The ports are San Juan and S.T. Martaan both the same and then Antigua, S.T. Lucia, Barbados, and S.T. Kitts. I like that itinerary much better but might be just a bit too long. Maybe not though, I'll have to talk to my wife about it. What do you guys think of the two itineraries? Thanks for any info ***** my questions.

Love Labadee.

If it were not for the history and sights of San Juan, I would never stop there again and only book Western.

Seems there are a lot of unhappy people working in the tourist business there.

Love the relaxing Labadee day.

Enjoy, we do.

Love Labadee.

If it were not for the history and sights of San Juan, I would never stop there again and only book Western.

Enjoy, we do.

We couldn't are less if we ever cruise again to Cozumel or Costa Maya in the western routes, and love San Juan. Opinions vary:pi

I really like San Juan. One time my husband and I got off of the ship and walked around. We ended up walking up to one of the forts and toured it. It was very interesting. Another time we walked off of the ship and when we got to the sidewalk, we were approached by someone offering bus tours for $10 per person. We hopped on the bus and got to see some of the sights around town. The bus let us off near one of the forts and an area with an outside market.

Oh wow you guys are quick to reply, thank you. I like history that is for sure. Maybe we should give the 9 day cruise a try. Its still a cruise we will have FUN!

Hopefully that itinerary is in San Juan all day. Sometimes they are only there for a few hours, so that limits your options.

Labadee is a relaxing beach day; BBQ, activities lounging, lots of shade if you desire (bring tip $ for the chair carriers). P.R. is okay. It's always been a short stop; early morning til after lunch or afternoon til evening. Most of the times we've been there it's been very hot and humid. We've done the 9-day itinerary many times; got one coming up in less than 3 weeks.

Hopefully that itinerary is in San Juan all day. Sometimes they are only there for a few hours, so that limits your options.

Yeah I just checked its only in port from 7AM till 2:30 which is really, really short. Don't know if I like that. This cruise is kinda falling apart for me. I originally want to go to Florida/Bahamas but I don't like the times of year and they are a bit expensive for just visiting 2 ports.

Yeah I just checked its only in port from 7AM till 2:30 which is really, really short. Don't know if I like that. This cruise is kinda falling apart for me. I originally want to go to Florida/Bahamas but I don't like the times of year and they are a bit expensive for just visiting 2 ports.

You could get off the ship early, do some walking around Old San Juan, maybe including going to one of the two forts. You would still have time for a nice lunch before you got back on the ship.

Love Labadee.

Enjoy, we do.

I'm the opposite, absolutely love San Juan, one of my favorite ports. Personally prefer doing S. Caribbean's that leave out of San Juan so we can spend time there before or after the cruise. Labadee on the other hand was probably my most disappointing port. Even though we were in a Royal private area on the island the vendors were obnoxiously in your face and forceful. Could have also been the time of year, but the water was way too choppy for any snorkeling or swimming on your own when we were there. I won't avoid future cruises that go to Labadee, but I'll stay on the ship.

Just my opinion, but if the 12 day cruise is $40 more than the 9 day, and better ports, it's a no brainer for me.

Your kid is 4......make it work!!:D The longer the better anymore!!

You are right about all of that. After this years cruise 9 days Anthem to Canada/NE we'll need an 8 day to move up to Emerald. Shouldn't really matter but it kinda does. We might end up doing a short 5 day Bermuda next year and then a nice long one in 2019.

Is the 12 day cruise on the Anthem also?

San Juan not much to do with a 4 year old but many good restaurants there and you can spend some time walking around but not much to do with the amount of time you actually will be there. Try the Parrot Club to eat!

Labadee boring, hate it, we are going there in three weeks on the Harmony and not getting off! If your the sit on the beach and sun person you will like it, yes there is plenty of shade but again boring and the typical hot dog hamburger BBQ just not worth for us to get off. We live in Florida so the beach there isn't anything special to us anyways. Out of all the cruise lines out islands this is our least liked one.

Bermuda is a must see, St. Maarten offers so much to see and do and good restaurants.

If the 12 day is on the Anthem and its only a few more dollars I say go for that if your wife is fine with the amount of days. Three extra days isn't too many more but its three more nice days on a cruise! St. Lucia is very beautiful, Barbados is very nice to see and many things to do, Antigua and St. Kitts mostly beach....I would choose the 12 days if it were me only if its on the same ship and not an older ship.

Consider the extra cost also of three additional days, tipping, drinks, etc.

Is the 12 day cruise on the Anthem also?

San Juan not much to do with a 4 year old but many good restaurants there and you can spend some time walking around but not much to do with the amount of time you actually will be there. Try the Parrot Club to eat!

Labadee boring, hate it, we are going there in three weeks on the Harmony and not getting off! If your the sit on the beach and sun person you will like it, yes there is plenty of shade but again boring and the typical hot dog hamburger BBQ just not worth for us to get off. We live in Florida so the beach there isn't anything special to us anyways. Out of all the cruise lines out islands this is our least liked one.

Bermuda is a must see, St. Maarten offers so much to see and do and good restaurants.

If the 12 day is on the Anthem and its only a few more dollars I say go for that if your wife is fine with the amount of days. Three extra days isn't too many more but its three more nice days on a cruise! St. Lucia is very beautiful, Barbados is very nice to see and many things to do, Antigua and St. Kitts mostly beach....I would choose the 12 days if it were me only if its on the same ship and not an older ship.

Consider the extra cost also of three additional days, tipping, drinks, etc.

It's also on Anthem yes. I have a serious problem flying so we leave from NJ NY only. That's why we started doing NCL cruises too to have a different flavor but still leave from NJ NY. We'll continue to do NCL and RCCL cruises. I also love mega ships and these two ships from those two lines are mega mega ships. It's still possible we end up on NCL Escape next year too. Still weighing out things

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

JamesCC- Understand the flying problem, my brother in law is the very same way he will go on a cruise out of south Florida but take Amtrak and every other year take a cruise from NY.

If everybody is ok with the 12 day, I say go for it, the worst case, you still going on the Anthem, and by the way, RC is much better than NCL my opinion.

Enjoyed both San Juan and Labadee. Yes the time in San Juan is short, but if you get off the ship early you could still do many things. For example take a cab to the Forts and then walk around the shopping area. San Juan is pretty steep so I prefer a downhill walk rather than a walk up the hill. Labadee has always been a great port. I enjoy the beach and have never had a vendor problem. That might happen at the markets on the island. Again I get off early get to the beach with option for food at the food sites or back on the ship.

We've done the 9-day on Anthem with our two DGSs, who are now 7 and 4, for the last three years. As pointed out, the timing in San Juan leaves a lot to be desired. We were there from 7:00 to 1:00. You dock several hours before the shops open and don't really have much time to do anything. On our last cruise, everyone else stayed on board and enjoyed the lack of crowds, while I hit a great sale at Ralph Lauren😄. The boys love Labadee and you get to spend a good amount of time there and not feel rushed.

But if I had the choice, I'd do the twelve day. I know our DGSs would be over the moon to have three more days on "The Big Ship."

Looking at a 9 day cruise next year on Anthem but I'm not sure about those two ports. I like the ports Bermuda and S.T. Martaan but not sure about San Juan PR and Labadee Haiti. Anyone tell me if they like those two ports or not and why they feel that way?

I really like a 12 day cruise too but might be a but too long for us with a then 4 year old son. Ports are awesome and its only 40 bucks more per person for 12 days as apposed to 9 days. The ports are San Juan and S.T. Martaan both the same and then Antigua, S.T. Lucia, Barbados, and S.T. Kitts. I like that itinerary much better but might be just a bit too long. Maybe not though, I'll have to talk to my wife about it. What do you guys think of the two itineraries? Thanks for any info ***** my questions.

Taken a 4 year old to Labadee and a 6 year old San Juan.

Also done a 14 day cruise with a 3 year old.

We had a great time in both as did my daughter

We also have had great family fun in St Maarten and Barbados.

Go for the longer if you can afford it any time :D

Taken a 4 year old to Labadee and a 6 year old San Juan.

Also done a 14 day cruise with a 3 year old.

We had a great time in both as did my daughter

We also have had great family fun in St Maarten and Barbados.

Go for the longer if you can afford it any time :D

Great advice, I'll try and talk her into it. Actually she didn't say no, she just was concerned about the length of the cruise that's all. I think it'd be fun. Want to do the Florida/Bahamas cruise too at some point too. This year will be out first on Anthem having done 3 on Explorer which we loved! Had our honeymoon cruise on her and loved that ship. Felt like home.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app