One more negative with back-to-backs...

How do you know this? Was it during your 2012 Seabourn cruise? Just curious. I can't understand why they would rather have left the ship than go through a (albeit redundant) second muster drill.

It was a widely published story by CC and other new outlets. This was shortly after the Concordia incident.

Well, if they just do the old traditional drill, where they line you up out on the open deck next to the lifeboats, I won't need water...just use the sweat dripping off everyone in that hot Mediterranean summer sun...

And the fun part is always the whistles...After they carefully make everyone slather their hands in Purell to try to prevent spread of Norovirus, all the kids and even some of the alleged adults start putting those whistles right into their mouths--the same whistles that have been hanging from those life jackets--and haven't been sanitized--since the ship's maiden voyage!

Since you no longer have to wear your lifejacket at muster, there may be downsides to having them stored away too. You may have missed the story on Majesty's delayed departure because of defective and expired lifejackets...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2457206&highlight=Majesty+lifejackets

Apparently, no one had checked them in a while. :D

It is much more pleasant not to have to wear them during the drill(s).

Thank you. Being it was some years ago, I did not recall it.

Here you go, fresh off the presses (if you consider five years old to still be fresh) ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4837

An elderly couple was booted from a luxury ship Saturday after the wife refused to participate in the mandatory safety drill that begins every cruise.

The only way I got out of the second muster drill was by getting norovirus, and it's not worth it.

Yowsers! Good to know in case we ever get to check B2B off the bucket list!