One more negative with back-to-backs...

Why would it be a big deal to have to go to two muster drills? On a two week cruise it's a total of 1 hour out of your 336 hours on board. .3% of your cruise. Think of it that way. I'd rather have to go to two drills and be on two cruises than have no drills and be at home.

The cruiselines don´t have too much of a choice to waive the drill for you, as they are required By law to conduct them.

As for your comment about the seat belt on the plane and you having them in your car for decades, well it´s not quite the same, as the buckle is not the same. On the vast majority, if not all, car seat belts you have to push to open them, while on the plane you have to pull / lift the flap to open. So it is an important reminder for People how to open it. It´s been proven in real emergencies many People are so stressed out, they actucally have difficulties to open the flap, as it works the opposite of what they are used to from cars.

I too could perform the Job of talking People through the safety briefing on planes, but hey it´s just a short time and there´s not much else to do anyway.;)

That buckle should be familiar to anyone over 40. Push buttons are much more recent

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Actually, it gets even better...Because of the way in which I had to ticket the air flying over there, I have to check in and check my luggage and go through Security at LAX, then fly to SFO, collect my luggage from Baggage Claim, then check it back in again and go through Security again at SFO...

I take it you are nowhere near as old as me...My first car was a hand-me-down 1962 Dodge 440 Station Wagon...The seat belts on that thing...and, pretty much, ALL cars at that time were EXACTLY the same as the seat belts on the airplanes...It's just that, over the decades, the auto seat belts have been improved upon and refined. It's the airline industry that just refuses to evolve and improve...easier to maintain that 1962 level of technology. Us old folks have no problem with the airplane seat belts. Besides, when that guy in the seat in front of me reclines his coach seat, we really don't need a seat belt...that seat back in front should do the trick of keeping you solidly in your seat! ;)

As to most of the rest of you: If you really knew me, you'd realize I wasn't complaining...or committed to having an unenjoyable time...It was pretty much all in jest...You guys should really stop taking everything posted on these boards literally and in the worst possible light. Sometimes, some of us just post stuff for the irony, the sarcasm or just for the fun of it...

And, BTW, I have actually been on cruises where not everyone was at the muster drill. On a recent Princess cruise, they had the drill before about half the passengers had even boarded. Then, they had a make-up drill later in the evening to accommodate everyone who missed the first drill. They could actually exempt the back-to-back, same cabin passengers and still comply with the regulations since those passengers would still have done the drill at the beginning of THEIR time onboard. I would HOPE they might do that...but I don't expect it--since it is easier for them to just require everyone to attend each time...

OTOH, please all know that I fully expect to really enjoy my cruise...I do EVERY time...

I think Adventure does that when she leaves late from SJ

So OP - if you are part of RCCL loyalty program and get any benefits per cruise, you will get a second set of benefits for the second cruise. Last year we did a 14 night cruise and the C&A benefits for the 14 nights were the same as if we were on a 7 night.

Enjoy the B2B

M

So OP - if you are part of RCCL loyalty program and get any benefits per cruise, you will get a second set of benefits for the second cruise. Last year we did a 14 night cruise and the C&A benefits for the 14 nights were the same as if we were on a 7 night.

Enjoy the B2B

M

Bingo, I forgot about that. We head out on Saturday for 14 nights on Rhapsody. Only 3 wines, 2 pictures, and 4 days of internet. [emoji35]

Enjoy the B2B

M

Bingo, I forgot about that. We head out on Saturday for 14 nights on Rhapsody. Only 3 wines, 2 pictures, and 4 days of internet.

We've been through all of that on much earlier threads...That's why I titled this one "One more..."

Actually, the RCCL perks are a little disappointing, even doubled...The drinking perks (my favorite anyway) are no different since they are by the night, not by the cruise. So, it's the modest photo, internet and laundry perks...Since we would normally do the longer Europe cruises on Celebrity--where we are Elite Plus (We're mere Diamonds on RCCL)--, on Celebrity, we get two free loads of laundry each and 250 minutes of free internet each per cruise (which we can spread out over the cruise, say, a little over a half an hour a day--enough to check our emails), on RCCL, we only get a slightly discounted bag of paid laundry...and one day each out of seven on the internet (like we're on the internet ALL DAY just one day?)...Oh, and some free bad photos of ourselves--we don't like posing for those things and they never come out flattering. I usually ask if we can just take the photos of the better-looking people on our cruise... clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

And, again. to those of you who keep telling me I'm "petty" and repeating that "first world problems" mantra: Get real...I AM KIDDING a bit here...I am the one who brought up sounding petty FIRST...You guys should have recognized that it was stated not in defense of a complaint but rather as an acknowledgement of the fact I was posting about a very minor peeve. NOT everyone who starts a thread is looking to start a war. Don't take every thread as an affront to YOUR beliefs. I thought this might be a bit of fun. Of course, I could have just started a dress code or smoking thread instead...

And, again. to those of you who keep telling me I'm "petty" and repeating that "first world problems" mantra: Get real...I AM KIDDING a bit here...I am the one who brought up sounding petty FIRST...You guys should have recognized that it was stated not in defense of a complaint but rather as an acknowledgement of the fact I was posting about a very minor peeve. NOT everyone who starts a thread is looking to start a war. Don't take every thread as an affront to YOUR beliefs. I thought this might be a bit of fun. Of course, I could have just started a dress code or smoking thread instead...

While I can't talk for the other's, when I brought up #FirstWorldProblems I was trying to have fun with it like you were. Now while I know you said you are an attorney (former prosecutor and corporate) I am sure you have enough knowledge of constitutional law to understand that the 1st Amendment not only allows you to vent about your minor peeve, but it also allows us to respond regardless of whether or not we agree with you. Yes, I understand that Cruise Critic owns and controls these board and we post at their pleasure, but I am sure you understand what I am getting at. I think those of us poking at you are trying to say, be thankful you have the means the take a B2B :)

Muster drill is not waived for B2B guests, you have to do it again.

I think it would be problematic to exclude some passengers for the 'huddle with your fellow passengers'. It does help to know where you are suppose to go and a mid cruise reminder (B2B) might help,especially if not in same cabin. I talk to others and start meeting people!

Princess lets you skip muster drill on B2B. I was surprised at first since I had not seen that before.

I can only speculate, but have one issue and a friendly lawsuit attached to it and I would guess that rule will change.

Sometimes in large groups, providing exceptions causes more issues long term.

We're doing our first b2b in Oct/Nov and it's 20-30 minutes out of the entire cruise. Not a big deal and we're more than happy to attend so we can have our b2b. It's all in your attitude.

I know you said that you meant this thread in jest, but with some people bringing up the repetitive nature of airline safety briefing's, that it is well known, even if we are not listening, we are taking in all the details.

Two aircraft accidents, same plane types, one not so bad, but most of the people on board were injured and died when fire finally broke out. The other far worse, catching fire quickly but everyone survived. The difference - the 2nd plane was an 8am Monday morning with mainly business people on board. Everyone had listened to the safety briefing a thousand times and it became muscle memory on how to get off the plane.

Think of musters the same, sure, you may not listen, but your body hears, and if something does happen, it will more than likely become instinct. So the more musters you can get to, the safer you and the people around you will be.

If the cruise company wanted to be really safe, they would have muster drills at random times every day, to teach people how to get to their muster station, no matter where they are on the boat. ;) It may also help decide who gets eaten / thrown overboard / left behind! :eek: