Which ships have bunks?

Hi, we are considering our first Royal Caribbean cruise either this Thanksgiving or next Spring. I'm wondering which ships have pull down bunks as opposed to a full size sofa bed? My kids don't want to sleep in the same bed. There are 4 of us. I was looking and it seems that Symphony has full size sofa bed. What about Allure? Anthem? Rhapsody? Oasis?

What type stateroom are you considering? Some stateroom categories only have sofa beds, while others have pullmans. For example, it looks like most OV staterooms on Symphony only have sofa beds, but some balcony staterooms have a pullman and sofa bed.

The industry outlawed these type of beds for new build vessels a little while back, Harmony and Symphony will not have have pullman beds like their older sisters, they have only sofa beds.

The industry outlawed these type of beds for new build vessels a little while back, Harmony and Symphony will not have have pullman beds like their older sisters, they have only sofa beds.

huh. why, do you know? safety reasons? the overall increase in weight of the average passenger above the age of 12?

huh. why, do you know? safety reasons? the overall increase in weight of the average passenger above the age of 12?

I didn't realize they had done that. I would assume safety reasons and also like you sad, how huge people are now.

I wonder if they have not updated the deck plans on Symphony, because it still shows staterooms with pullmans.

oh no, that's terrible news. :( My boys literally will not sleep in the same bed. My 6 year old would rather sleep on the floor, and I don't feel like spending thousands of dollars to have him spend the night on the floor for 7 nights. My 9 year old only weighs 67 pounds! ugh.

Do you have a link to an article stating this? This is the first I have heard of pullmans being "outlawed".

Interesting, would like to hear why if it is true there will not be pullman beds anymore. We did have one of the balconies on Allure that had the sofa bed and pullman. Had noticed the new builds didn't have them and wondered why.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I would be interested in knowing the regulation "outlawing" these beds, as I am aware of no such prohibition, either in SOLAS or any of the class society rules. Not to say there isn't, but I would love to know where and why.

From what I see, there are, both on Harmony and Symphony, FO, FI, and FB cabins that sleep six, and could not do that without pullmans and a sofa bed.