Inside cabilns

Firsttimerlisa

An inside cabin would not be a deal break for me at all. I love to cruise and if I had to have a inside cabin, I would do it. I've had both inside and balcony cabins. I find that I rarely use the balcony. The one advantage the balcony had that I appreciated was that I was able to tell day from night. I wake up often during the night. The rooms don't have clocks, so I have to find my watch to see if it's the middle of the night or morning. That drove me crazy on my last cruse, although it didn't bother me on other cruises. I would still get an inside cabin over not cruising at all.

Not a dealbreaker. We've gone to Inside cabins after balconies. Did 23 days inside on NCL Jade ta last year.

We've learned to put the tv on the ship's bow channel at night. Gives a bit of light and we can tell when daylight has arrived.

What a great idea!

I think it boils down to are you an outgoing person who likes to be around others around the ship or do you want to get away from people and relax on your balcony.

I have been on cruises from inside to a penthouse and now book insides unless the itinerary is overwhelmingly compelling towards a balcony.

Save you money and go inside. Once outside your cabin, you are treated the same.

What :confused:..... The type of cabin you prefer has nothing to do with your personality or how you're going to be treated :eek:

For me it depends on the cruise, who I am sailing with, my budget at the time, etc. I have stayed in everything from inside to penthouse suite. My next cruise is in a suite May 2018 with my husband and 2 young kids, but if I had the opportunity to add one with just my husband or my mom in an inside room I would absolutely do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,

This is my 3rd cruise. My first two, Carnival and Royal Caribbean had balconies. This time on Celebrity we have an inside cabin for 7 nights. Is this a deal breaker or am I spoiled?

I was in an Inside once and never again . I need to see the sky.

I'm asking for other people's experiences. The 1st response gave perspective.

Out of 29 previous cruises, we had a balcony with the exception of twice when we went with oceanview since we knew the weather would be cool.

Now, unfortunately I will be cruising solo - big change in cost. I am booked for the first time in an interior cabin and have no concerns that it will dampen my enjoyment of the cruise.

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, for financial reasons or just plain to save money for additional trips.

Enjoy your cruise - I'm sure you will, as well as myself too. :)

We have booked insides to mini-suites. My only problem with insides is probably psychological and irrational. I tend to not fall asleep for fear of oversleeping. Because I can not see sunlight at the edge of the curtains when I wake up (to tell day from night), I will tend not to fall asleep. I have tried leaving the TV on...no luck. I have tried several times, although all were on quick one nighters. It is just a stupid fear. I envy those who can sleep like a baby in an inside.

What :confused:..... The type of cabin you prefer has nothing to do with your personality or how you're going to be treated :eek:

Absolutely it does- for some people. My SIL wants to be alone on his balcony during the day. He is as nice as can be, but likes to cruise for the solitude. He has no desire to strike up conversations around the ship. My DH and I enjoy longer cruises where we get to know folks on CC and we spend most of our time around the ship on sea days.

I also sailed with a couple I know VERY well. The wife stayed in the cabin on the balcony most of her waking hours. She does not enjoy conversing with strangers and would never cruise in a cabin without a balcony.

Also, I think you misread my comment about how you are treated outside of your cabin. My position was that you don't wear a button that displays your cabin status and that most everyone else doesn't know or care if you are guarantee inside or an owner's suite.

My position was that you don't wear a button that displays your cabin status and that most everyone else doesn't know or care if you are guarantee inside or an owner's suite.

I completely agree with this. After booking and paying a premium for balconies that we rarely (if ever used) we had the epiphany that our onboard experience is pretty much the same regardless of which type of cabin we're in. Looking at us, most people probably assume that we're in one of the higher categories (this has been proven anecdotally) but it just doesn't make sense for us based on our needs and preferences.

I also think personality plays a role... if we wanted privacy, then a balcony would make sense. But our favorite part of the ship is the promenade deck... we grab a gin & tonic or a martini and walk around the ship, it doesn't matter if we're in a suite or an inside, that experience is the same.