Novotel / West Quay, breakfast...

Goosebear Mum

hi

I'm after a last minute 1 night stay in Southampton before our 2 night cruise next weekend. Normally stay at the holiday Inn on a cruise and park package, but I'm reluctant to pay their room prices just for a short cruise. Found a room at the Novotel that I may book at West Quay, but their breakfast prices seem silly (£30 for 2) is there anywhere in West Quay that's good to pop into for a breakfast snack?

Thanks.

There's a new complex by West Quay that has a few restaurants, never eaten in there though. Also Wetherspoons have a couple of pubs close by. One in town centre and the other along the front. Both about 15 minute stroll.

Edited by besberry
Spelling

Thanks Besberry. In the end we got a better deal at the Premiere Inn, with breakfast; so we'll find out what the PI is like :)

We liked the P I. Car parking is not brilliant so better if you fly or go by train. Food was good when we were there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Dai. We're driving down from North Yorkshire, so will be parking. It's only for the 1 night and West Quay seems to be £5. Hopefully that multi-storey is ok! We've booked CPS and will give that a try.

We've used that Premier Inn and car park. Very happy with it all. Thought £5 was excellent value. The car park is literally next door and is closed at night so we thought it felt safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The car park is literally next door and is closed at night so we thought it felt safe

That's good to hear. Hopefully it's not closed too early, as we'll be driving down after I've finished work at 4, so may not arrive till 10pm if traffic is bad...

That's good to hear. Hopefully it's not closed too early, as we'll be driving down after I've finished work at 4, so may not arrive till 10pm if traffic is bad...

I'm not too sure but it's not closed really early as there are restaurants in the shopping centre. I'm thinking maybe midnight.

EDIT- I have just looked at the website, it's closed 1-am weekdays and 3am Fridays and Saturdays [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Premier Inn do a meal deal which includes dinner and breakfast or you can pay on the day. I found you can walk to Ocean terminal if it is a nice day. No hills. My first choice of hotel for Southampton departures.

EDIT- I have just looked at the website, it's closed 1-am weekdays and 3am Fridays and Saturdays

Yay, thanks for looking for me :) I've just popped inside for breakfast, having spent 3hrs digging part of the garden (I'm determined to get all this d**n digging complete by the end of Monday! )

Luckily when we drive South, I work over an hour away, on our route. So hopefully we can get down in c.5hrs, plus delays. Husband will pick me up from work at 4, and then we'll carry on down the A1M/M1... At least I now know there's no urgency if there are incidents along the way.

Yes, TerrierJohn, we got the breakfast deal. Unlimited breakfast for £8.95 if I remember correctly, which I considered good value. A cooked brekkie will mean we don't need to eat much at lunch. A Betty's 'fat rascal' each, will do us for lunch ;)

We liked the P I. Car parking is not brilliant so better if you fly or go by train. Food was good when we were there.

The PI is good value and the car park convenient. We have stayed the last couple of times at the city PI with parking outside the main entrance.

The PI is good value and the car park convenient. We have stayed the last couple of times at the city PI with parking outside the main entrance.

Sorry I was talking about the PI West Quay.

Yay, thanks for looking for me :) I've just popped inside for breakfast, having spent 3hrs digging part of the garden (I'm determined to get all this d**n digging complete by the end of Monday! )

Luckily when we drive South, I work over an hour away, on our route. So hopefully we can get down in c.5hrs, plus delays. Husband will pick me up from work at 4, and then we'll carry on down the A1M/M1... At least I now know there's no urgency if there are incidents along the way.

Yes, TerrierJohn, we got the breakfast deal. Unlimited breakfast for £8.95 if I remember correctly, which I considered good value. A cooked brekkie will mean we don't need to eat much at lunch. A Betty's 'fat rascal' each, will do us for lunch ;)

No problem, enjoy! :)

Sorry I was talking about the PI West Quay.

Honestly Dai, we found the West Quay fine, yes you have to pay for parking but £5 for 24hrs in a big town is very good value, we were happy to do this for peace of mind. Locally where I live you can pay that for 2-3hrs!