Live from the Jewel - 4/30/17 Pacific Coastal

CoffeeGoddess

Apple crepe with the fog setting in.

I think I'll call it an early night since I have an 8am spa appointment. 5a2dc3ea1ca2990e83e1996af5a0c688.jpg

Sent from outerspace

It's only 8:30! Grab a RedBull and vodka and keep going strong! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, I can confirm that O'Sheehan's still has the old menu. No Thai Chili wings for me *sad face*

Sent from outerspace

😢 The Thai Chili wings are the BEST! Had them on the Getaway in January. It was my first NCL cruise, and I fell in love with the cruise line! Following along on your review.

😢 The Thai Chili wings are the BEST! Had them on the Getaway in January. It was my first NCL cruise, and I fell in love with the cruise line! Following along on your review.

Ah, you understand.

Sent from outerspace

So, Luis, the group coordinator; not impressed. I did get a letter confirming our time and date along with a call from him on the same. I do not remember his call asking me to call him back nor did the letter say to do that otherwise I woild have.

I get to Le Bistro at about 10:30 so that I can put out my pre-made name badges and also to help out with anything. The doors are open, there's no "private function" sign, and no one is around although the drinks and pastries are set up. I'm waiting there holding people from coming in since I know they'll have a sign in sheet and blank name badges but by 10 to there's still no one there except for the set up people so I just let everyone in.

A few minutes later he finally shows up and gets all pissy with me because people are in there and he has his sign in sheets. Some of the cruisers say the doors were wide open and he blames me for nothing be set up in front because I didn't call him back. Said that a couple of times too, and attitude was definitely noticed by the people there. He goes up front and closes the doors so he can have people sign in and the people inside go about signing in and making name tags.

The rest went well, the officers made their introductions and I had just enough goody bags since 10 of them were there.

Sent from outerspace

Luis was the Group Coordinator on our 19th Feb Jewelcruise (I was assisting our Cruise Critic Roll Call coordinator) and have totell you we had almost the exact same experience when he showed up at theBistro. (Can’t comment on the letter or phone calls.)

It’s a shame there’s not a ‘Non Hero’ card to fill out. He’ddefinitely have got one from me!!

I’ve set up two Meet & Greets on Norwegian ships and found those Group Coordinators to be very helpful and amicable.

Love your review and it’s bringing back some great memories :D

Luis was the Group Coordinator on our 19th Feb Jewelcruise (I was assisting our Cruise Critic Roll Call coordinator) and have totell you we had almost the exact same experience when he showed up at theBistro. (Can’t comment on the letter or phone calls.)

It’s a shame there’s not a ‘Non Hero’ card to fill out. He’ddefinitely have got one from me!!

I’ve set up two Meet & Greets on Norwegian ships and found those Group Coordinators to be very helpful and amicable.

Love your review and it’s bringing back some great memories :D

Well at least he's consistant? This was my third time setting one up and yes, the group coordinators were always awesome. Not this guy.

Sent from outerspace

I have never seen anything like this on any of the NCL ships I have been on[emoji16]. Do the other ship's have them and I just haven't noticed?

They had this on the Getaway outside the Medical facility. I was looking for hydrogen peroxide--none there--and was told they cannot give any out because it is considered flammable.

Finally got some WiFi. As I was trying to get access at Fisherman's Wharf, I got a text to call about my tour cancellation. I just could not get a connection so finally almost downtown the ferry terminal people let me use their phone to call. Turns out a group cancelled this morning which brought them below the minimum for the tour. No brewpub tour for me then. They did try to accommodate me but only had something for tomorrow so they gave me a full refund.

I'm doing my own tour. I stopped at Canoe Brewing and got a sampler and now I am at the Irish Times getting poutine and a pint of the local Phillips Brewing lager.7dbcab355023c640eb82fd802fb6ebd4.jpgd38b7dce22f6eb2b9ff753dc0110368e.jpg1dd63f1283e097b29cba781525d4ad37.jpgb602a864b15067030052a06bb9ffa58d.jpg63bf0455dd476bf74c6b62a7114225fc.jpg715688e9f4ef220643df0b5aaff8fcc1.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Well at least he's consistant? This was my third time setting one up and yes, the group coordinators were always awesome. Not this guy.

Sent from outerspace

I "worked" with him on a Meet and Greet as well. We had too many people for the venue he reserved for us so he tried to change our date to a port day. It was a huge hassle and he made things very difficult. He wouldn't even help find a way to notify the 150+ people that there would be a new date/time. Our compromise in order to keep the original time was that I had to stand at the door and turn people away if it "got too crowded". Pitiful.

While youre in my neck of the woods, Id recommend trying beer from Parallel 49, and Steamworks. Also Fat Tug IPA by Driftwood brewery is a local favourite if youre into IPA's, its rated at 7% but rumor has it they are under rating this one.

Take cover tonight , big storm in the forecast!

Well that was not a great lager but the poutine was good.

What's somebody got to do to get a drink around this place!?

Seriously, I thought I'd go up to Sugarcane and they aren't open tonight. I went through the buffet and the drink station has nothing and now I am out in the Great Outdoors and the bar is shut down. I guess I have to try Spinnaker or the pool deck or head on down to 6.

I feel like one these seagulls except I'm begging for booze instead of food.c2574d375520c024c1afc5fb64f8df72.jpge437579f9d26f72775c177a8dab35b3e.jpg

Sent from outerspace

What's somebody got to do to get a drink around this place!?

Sent from outerspace

You are in Victoria, BC, where there are specific regulations which dictate how many bars can be open at one time on the ship. I forget the number... 3, I believe max. The bartenders can tell you.

It's probably Spinnaker, Pool Deck, and Java Cafe.

While youre in my neck of the woods, Id recommend trying beer from Parallel 49, and Steamworks. Also Fat Tug IPA by Driftwood brewery is a local favourite if youre into IPA's, its rated at 7% but rumor has it they are under rating this one.

Take cover tonight , big storm in the forecast!

Well that was not a great lager but the poutine was good.

I'll look for those while I'm in Vancouver.

Sent from outerspace

I "worked" with him on a Meet and Greet as well. We had too many people for the venue he reserved for us so he tried to change our date to a port day. It was a huge hassle and he made things very difficult. He wouldn't even help find a way to notify the 150+ people that there would be a new date/time. Our compromise in order to keep the original time was that I had to stand at the door and turn people away if it "got too crowded". Pitiful.

Wow, this guy is in the wrong line of work.

Sent from outerspace

You are in Victoria, BC, where there are specific regulations which dictate how many bars can be open at one time on the ship.

Ah, that would explain it. There's life at the pool bar and I just got a damn fine mai tai at Spinnaker. Although I am now being subjected to the Macarena.

I know one of bars down on 6, probably Shakers, is open because they were serving drinks down there as I passed by on 7 on my way to Sugarcane. 34f1bbb77873383a9d8915f55c12f3b1.jpg19cfb91f6b153087e4712f9d5846c058.jpg24d7213603f24139ea4b88fb8f203cfe.jpg

Sent from outerspace