Live from the Jewel - 4/30/17 Pacific Coastal

CoffeeGoddess

Thank you so much. Loving this review as we board Friday. And we always try to figure out what days tzars serves the Philly, we will try embarkation now :)

If you are talking about the lunch menu, I think they only have 2 lunch menus from all the last trips we've been on.

Ask at your Meet & Greet, but I doubt you need to change the time of the cabin crawl. I've never spent more than 20 minutes at a Latitudes party and since the UBP, I usually don't bother going. Have a great cruise and enjoy San Francisco on Tuesday. Our weather forecast is nice and warm.

Good to hear about the forecast for tomorrow! I usually only stay for a bit, too but I know some people really like it so if I need to push it back a half hour it's really no big thing.

Sent from outerspace

Loving your live review! We will be on the May 27th sailing! Is Pedro the cruise director? We sailed with him on the Pearl in 2013 [emoji3]. Can't wait to hear more!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pedro is the Cruise Director. I've heard him but haven't actually seen him yet.

Sent from outerspace

Is the steam room/ sauna free?

The one in my pictures? No, it part of the Thermal Suite in the spa and is a pay venue.

However the Jewel does have a steam room, shower and lockers for free in the mens and women's restrooms right off the gym.

Sent from outerspace

Good morning from the Pacific! It's a little after 8 here and I just had breakfast in the buffet. It is a little nippy this morning so I am eating inside instead of in the outdoors.

Here's the day two Freestyle.

6f8b49c24344c056bf6acba744182a3a.jpgeec2bc88322fc7b8e68b31eed4a52f45.jpga21b2fda534c57ea775079c7f7fdeba2.jpg584cba5f8ca208f9d6e29cf7fc29b975.jpg2f7690487048cc45a4404cba8fb25f42.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Having a Moscow Mule at the atrium bar.

I have somehow hurt my left calf so I've taken some ibuprofen and I hope it's better by tomorrow. Walking down or up stairs is a no go as I learned a little while ago when it was starting to feel better, because it's not now.

Here's the atrium menu. b6c099bcec714f59159ed786ec7b9656.jpg77f872dda3610d8b564b32487f87d007.jpg186589e5a0fdadcad0442c11e892b915.jpg3e20d586115869f7eb1da03622a19595.jpg428e8580ee1e481a86e7c6b65db6a8c6.jpg95dd50ebd430b2957b6823db64645d95.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Lets talk about my cabin for a bit. This is the first time I've been so low on the ship and it's interesting. The waves aren't too bad, but you can feel the movement and every now and then a big one would hit the hull by my room with a big thud. Sometimes I could even feel the vibration from it in the bed.

Something was either loose in a cabin next me or in a crew space because somtime it would thump against the wall with the waves. Still l got some decent rest even without putting in my ear plugs.5be1212d298ee04a32ccb300df6828c3.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Slot pull done and we all got back $9 and I even got the highest spin at $75. The host gave us two bottles of wine for gifts and the cashier helped out with breaking the ticket out so it was easy to give out the cash.

Now I'm having lunch at O'Sheehan's and resting my feet.

And missing the Thai Chili wings.fbfb8aa49110c98ed41aac2b1d97c207.jpgaf978c6f8608c3f3deab67acecf2f235.jpg

Sent from outerspace

So, Luis, the group coordinator; not impressed. I did get a letter confirming our time and date along with a call from him on the same. I do not remember his call asking me to call him back nor did the letter say to do that otherwise I woild have.

I get to Le Bistro at about 10:30 so that I can put out my pre-made name badges and also to help out with anything. The doors are open, there's no "private function" sign, and no one is around although the drinks and pastries are set up. I'm waiting there holding people from coming in since I know they'll have a sign in sheet and blank name badges but by 10 to there's still no one there except for the set up people so I just let everyone in.

A few minutes later he finally shows up and gets all pissy with me because people are in there and he has his sign in sheets. Some of the cruisers say the doors were wide open and he blames me for nothing be set up in front because I didn't call him back. Said that a couple of times too, and attitude was definitely noticed by the people there. He goes up front and closes the doors so he can have people sign in and the people inside go about signing in and making name tags.

The rest went well, the officers made their introductions and I had just enough goody bags since 10 of them were there.

Sent from outerspace

Went over to Spinnaker where they're playing Pictionary. I also gave that margarita to the waiter and got a Daydreamers Daiquiri. Either these pre-mixed drinks are really that crappy or the antibiotics are messing with my taste buds.

Oh, and the menu is the same as the atrium bar.402026cef0bda8844b553da3aa0c4b67.jpgad6ec3fd3297e956b781b7d2025f6e03.jpg

Sent from outerspace

I just got a nice little chocolate plate from the Hotel Director and I bet everyone who signed in at the meet and greet got one as well. Which is why you should always sign in at them.

Now I think I shall go chill in the spa.fff83571984604f1eadba58d76433d17.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Oh, and just in case anyone thinks coordinating the meet and greet on a smaller ship automatically means VIP status, that is not the case. I did get a couple of goodies and the upgraded toiletries but nothing else for this. But I don't do it for that because it is not a guarantee, I do it because I enjoy it.

So do it because you want to, not for what you think you may get from the ship.

Sent from outerspace