Live from the Jewel - 4/30/17 Pacific Coastal

CoffeeGoddess

Thanks so much for all the updates. I'll be on this ship in a little over 2 weeks, and since I haven't been on NCL in many years, it helps to know what to expect. I really appreciate the drink/food menus you've posted and the daily newspaper.

Have a great trip!!!

Someone asked about the Canvas by U thing? It's $35 and it started at 1:00 today.f14fe0fc9af51ff86096f7e2a47af323.jpg

Sent from outerspace

That would be me....thanks so much!

Wow, I'm so enjoying your "live" review. Love this ship.

Thank you again!! Good to know about the canvas class, that sounds like something my mom and I will want to do :) im pretty familiar with the jewel but this is the perfect way to count down to my trip and get refreshed on the menus :)

Angela

Thanks so much for all the updates. I'll be on this ship in a little over 2 weeks, and since I haven't been on NCL in many years, it helps to know what to expect. I really appreciate the drink/food menus you've posted and the daily newspaper.

Have a great trip!!!

Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the review.

Sent from outerspace

Just had a light dinner in the buffet. It's seafood night but besides a stand making seafood pasta it's pretty much standard fare. There's a shrimp Asian dish and a seafood curry along with some fish. They did have baked potatoes that you could put cheese, sour cream, and chives on which was probably the best part of my meal.

Sent from outerspace

Okay, the karaoke room was pretty nice and a good size for a group of friends. However, the cheese that played on the screen during "Don't Fear the Reaper" just left me saying "*** is this?!" at the screen.

See second picture for highlights. Don't worry the lady that Brad the vampire is chasing open the blinds to kill him with sunlight in the end.[emoji15] c0b69b6008bd3fa9240d933543f696c4.jpgbd6646e08bdb5e46ffe1831dedb6821a.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Hi there

Really, really loving your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences!

We are a family of 4 travelling on the Jewel to New Zealand in January.

A couple of questions ...I was interested in the spa pass but wanted to get one for my daughter too - she will be 2 weeks off 18 when we travel but I have been told she needs to be 18. Are Norwegian very strict at enforcing that policy do you know?

Pleased to find out there are steam rooms by the gym - again do you think my daughter would be ok using the gym facilities/steam room?

Thanks in advance for any advice and have a wonderful trip :)

Hi there

Really, really loving your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences!

We are a family of 4 travelling on the Jewel to New Zealand in January.

A couple of questions ...I was interested in the spa pass but wanted to get one for my daughter too - she will be 2 weeks off 18 when we travel but I have been told she needs to be 18. Are Norwegian very strict at enforcing that policy do you know?

Pleased to find out there are steam rooms by the gym - again do you think my daughter would be ok using the gym facilities/steam room?

Thanks in advance for any advice and have a wonderful trip :)

I've heard they're strick but nevet had to deal with an age policy myself a d I have posted about the locker rooms previously but couldn't say if there is an age limit.

Sent from outerspace

Good morning San Francisco! And what a beautiful morning it is. Buffet breakfast is consumed and now I am getting ready to head off the ship. Unfortunately I got a text late last night that no one else had signed up for the Northbeach tour so they were cancelling it. They did offer me a spot on the Chinatown tour so I am waiting on a confirmation text on that.a91822134fd05f6309499a1575451ff7.jpgef20724851fa856e88aeb49cdcfb9a8f.jpgb6516d50ef902187ceaf9c1cd9d3a4c8.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Television show themes trivia. Man it's bringing back some memories. c507597429a8b380a08c19beb771a7f0.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Those guys are great! And that show is a lot of fun. I thought I was an expert given that I was a latch-key kid in the 70s and very early 80s, but I only got 17 out of 25 correct. :o

Those guys are great! And that show is a lot of fun. I thought I was an expert given that I was a latch-key kid in the 70s and very early 80s, but I only got 17 out of 25 correct. :o

They are great and I got about the same. Some of those were just so familiar but I just couldn't get the name out of my mind onto the paper.

Sent from outerspace

Am loving your report, thank you so much! I'm especially fond of all the food and menu shots!!! :D We did a Pacific Northwest on the Pearl a few years ago and loved it. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your adventure!

Just finished the tour and stopped in a cheesy tourist shop for shirts and a magnet. The tea tasting was my favorite part and I bought a couple of bags.

Found out that tea bags are definitely looked down upon.3980f9ed1b2170673f63b0d45187acbe.jpgd2f167d991ad74b8cf2fba952973e8a5.jpg3459d9af5e1657715fe31b54fe203c34.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Am loving your report, thank you so much! I'm especially fond of all the food and menu shots!!! :D We did a Pacific Northwest on the Pearl a few years ago and loved it. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your adventure!

Thanks!

Sent from outerspace

Just stumbled upon your thread... caught up, and admired a little sumpin' sumpin' (or two) along the way. Fun, fun stuff.

We should cruise together sometime. ;)

We should, maybe next year sometime.

Sent from outerspace