Poll on room cleaning if you have cruised in spring 2017

LMaxwell

I'm starting to trend my own thinking to this: The number of times may not matter to me, could be once, could be 10, could be first in the morning, or last one done; so long as I perceive the services to be adequate I will be happy. Maybe instead of choosing once or twice, if offered, I'll describe what I expect and however they make it happen is fine.

Seems reasonable to me.

Sent from my iPhone

Vista March twice a day, not asked, no card, and robes in the cabin.

Same here! Miracle in March. No card, 2x a day service, extra ice and robes in the cabin! Never saw him after the first day, and tipped an extra!!

Miracle March 4th. Steward greeted us with card that had morning, evening, or both. We chose morning but requested after 11 am which he did for us. Told him not to bother with the towel animals because after 8 cruises I have seen enough. Once a day worked out fine since there were only two of us.

Miracle March 4th. Steward greeted us with card that had morning, evening, or both. We chose morning but requested after 11 am which he did for us. Told him not to bother with the towel animals because after 8 cruises I have seen enough. Once a day worked out fine since there were only two of us.

We were on the Miracle in Feb. Our Steward met us day one and offered us the choices. We chose AM service and she kept our cabin spotless all week. Once a day worked just fine.

So weird that we were all on the same ship around the same time and have different results. I was on the Miracle in August 2016, no card, just 2x sometimes 3x a day service.

We were on the Glory in April. Our steward met us the first day and went over the card with us. We chose both morning and evening services. Our kids were next door to us and had a different steward and they chose evening only since they like to sleep in. Never felt pressured to choose a certain way.

On the Magic in April the first afternoon I met our room steward in the hall. She asked if we wanted two times a day or one. I told her just evenings would be fine since I like to nap during the day and don't care about the bed being made up. We were in a spa room and the slippers were in the room upon arrival but I did have to ask for a robe. She did a great job all week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll have to think about this before our cruise on the Pride. My husband has limited mobility and we will get up early and go for breakfast and then he likes to just rest in the room. I would like 2x but if they will not enter the room, then we will just ask them to double up on towels since we shower twice a day and have evening turn down. Last time on the Pride we had exceptional cabin stewards

I don't believe they are allowed to clean while you are present. I usually just get on my scooter and head out for a glass of tea and by the time I am back my room is finished. It only takes them about 10-15 minutes to freshen up the room.

Just returned from the Freedom. Room steward was fine, met on first day and always greeted us by name in the halls. But there was no card. I was asked if I prefer morning or evening. I said evening, and he said "are you sure, morning will be much better". I replied that I wanted to sleep in and my son who was with me was used to working nights so he'd surely sleep in. He insisted on mornings and said he'd come closer to 12, so I gave in. He kept to it and did a good job every day, but it was a bit annoying. I was expecting the excellent twice a day service with a smile I had previously received on Magic. I like my towels freshened for showers after a hot day, and a crisp clean bed at night. Disappointed.

Just returned from the Freedom. Room steward was fine, met on first day and always greeted us by name in the halls. But there was no card. I was asked if I prefer morning or evening. I said evening, and he said "are you sure, morning will be much better". I replied that I wanted to sleep in and my son who was with me was used to working nights so he'd surely sleep in. He insisted on mornings and said he'd come closer to 12, so I gave in. He kept to it and did a good job every day, but it was a bit annoying. I was expecting the excellent twice a day service with a smile I had previously received on Magic. I like my towels freshened for showers after a hot day, and a crisp clean bed at night. Disappointed.

Why didn't you ask for twice a day if that is what you preferred? I would have said 'twice' and would not have accepted his 'insistence' on mornings!

I was asked if I prefer morning or evening. I said evening, and he said "are you sure, morning will be much better". I replied that I wanted to sleep in and my son who was with me was used to working nights so he'd surely sleep in. He insisted on mornings and said he'd come closer to 12, so I gave in.

That's absurd.

What exactly do they do when they "service " the room? (Cruise newbie here). I don't want them to dust, vacuum, clean bathroom or anything like that. All I want is clean towels morning and night, my ice bucket kept full and turn down service at bedtime. I will keep the rest of my room tidy and make my own bed.

So, how do I request this?