How do you stand the wait???

Time can go more quickly than you would imagine. I booked right after the first of the year for our cruise which leaves in less than 2 weeks and the time has flown by. We are coming up on summer and time really seems to speed through during the summer. Pretty much after summer is over, you will be about ready to leave. I would say just concentrate on enjoying summer and before you know it, you will be cruising!

And reading cruise critic non-stop and researching/planning excursions or every aspect of your trip helps too. ;)

This is all very helpful! I thank you all so much. The ideas/resources are great and yes of course enjoying the rest of life and summer does go by so quickly!

Can't wait to see what my very first cruise will be like! I think I'm already "on board" with cruising :D

Lisa N

Good Morning Cruisers!

I'm a newbie, who just found CC while searching for information on my first cruise - which is now booked on the Grandeur of the Seas Sept 2017! I've been pouring through the postings here - I especially love the LIVE reviews. What a fun and informative website this is!!!

Anyway, I see that many of you cruise several times a year! How exciting! Looking through all of this information and seeing your trips is making me VERY excited for mine. I want to know what you all do to prepare and/or pass the time when you're excited for your upcoming voyages??? I feel like this is going to be the longest five months of my life :D

Thanks for your help in advance. Looking forward to chatting with so many of you that seem so very cruise knowledgeable :D

Lisa N

Welcome to CC and just like the rest of us, anticipation is a gift/pleasure. Disappointment when the cruise is over.:D

Did you book your shows/entertainment yet, your able to.

You can also choose a beverage package there are a few to choose from

I don't mind my cruise coming then going because I have more trips lined up for the year hehehe

Did you book your shows/entertainment yet, your able to.

You can also choose a beverage package there are a few to choose from

I don't mind my cruise coming then going because I have more trips lined up for the year hehehe

There are no entertainment reservations on Grandeur.

Good Morning Cruisers!

I'm a newbie, who just found CC while searching for information on my first cruise - which is now booked on the Grandeur of the Seas Sept 2017! I've been pouring through the postings here - I especially love the LIVE reviews. What a fun and informative website this is!!!

Anyway, I see that many of you cruise several times a year! How exciting! Looking through all of this information and seeing your trips is making me VERY excited for mine. I want to know what you all do to prepare and/or pass the time when you're excited for your upcoming voyages??? I feel like this is going to be the longest five months of my life :D

Thanks for your help in advance. Looking forward to chatting with so many of you that seem so very cruise knowledgeable :D

Lisa N

Hey Lisa, We are also on Grandeur this Sept, the 21st! Be sure to search for and join your roll call!

Kitt

Good Morning Cruisers!

Lisa N

Lisa,

My best advice to a CC newbie is to read carefully everything Clarea (Bob) posts. He is a wealth of knowledge and experience. Clarea is my "go to" source of anything RCI related.

I spend WWAAYYYYYYY too much time on here to pass the time! We only booked 77 days out, so the wait won't be too bad. But I get a bit obsessed.

Good! Because I feel obsessed right now :D

I book my cruises when the new schedules come out and many time it's 1.5 years away. ;p

If traveling with others we get together once a month for a BBQ at someones house and everybody presents what they learned about a shore excursion. Then at the end of the dinner we pick an excursion for the next dinner for each pax to report back on.

Hey Lisa, We are also on Grandeur this Sept, the 21st! Be sure to search for and join your roll call!

Kitt

Hi Kitt! I did do that. I think that I replied to your message about kids :). I look Forward to meeting you !!

Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If traveling with others we get together once a month for a BBQ at someones house and everybody presents what they learned about a shore excursion. Then at the end of the dinner we pick an excursion for the next dinner for each pax to report back on.

That's really neat!!! What fun :)

Lisa

Lisa,

My best advice to a CC newbie is to read carefully everything Clarea (Bob) posts. He is a wealth of knowledge and experience. Clarea is my "go to" source of anything RCI related.

Wow! Good to know. Lookout Bob :)

I remember how excited I was when I booked my first cruise. It was like stepping into the unknown. I was nervous and excited at the same time. The excitement has never gone away no matter how many more cruises I have been on. I am about to take my 8th cruise and am just as excited as I was before my first one.

I pass the time by coming to CC and reading the posts. I really enjoy reading the trip reports of the people who have been on the cruise ship I am going on next. I love seeing all of the pictures.

I also go over all of the excursions and have fun picking them or deciding to just wing it. I've got two cruises coming up this year. I usually book a cruise shortly after getting off of the ship because I can't stand not having something booked. Cruises are just so much fun. My husband feels the same way, so it's perfect. We've decided that it's our favorite way to spend a vacation.

We always say the second the car backs out of the driveway the vacation is over. The anticipation starts and it seems a lifetime until time to go. Once you hit the 100 day out mark it starts to speed up. If there is a cruise cam you can watch your ship come in and leave. We always say so many more times out and it's our turn as we watch it! Then the day arrives and we are backing out the driveway. We blink and we are pulling back in!

We have journals that we write in and a few weeks before as we are packing, we start reading our journals. We always forget about the stuff we wrote about and reading them makes us happy and excited!

I always make these little paper thank you notes that I wrap around my tips. I put them on my money and attach them with those little colored clothes pins. That helps pass the time!

Booking a long ways out is honestly painful. I booked in March of last year and we still haven't set sail.. uuuuugh. Just over two weeks to go, though!

You should have booked one or two cruises in the interim.;)