EZair-Not getting what you thought????

teacherman

What is the best way to confirm if Princess made the payment to the airlines? Would you call the airlines or is there some indication in Cruise Personalizer?

Status on the airline's website will change from pending to ticketed. The ticket number may also be visible.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Status on the airline's website will change from pending to ticketed. The ticket number may also be visible.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

That's very helpful! Thank you! Now I know what to look for.

Thank you. That is great information. We do plan on either a pre or post stay or maybe both. This makes me feel better about the airfare situation. :):):)

We used EZAir for our Baltic cruise this past June. The price could not be beat. Our cruise was round trip from Southampton. We flew in six days early to Heathrow and left six days after from Paris. Our pre and post reservations were not through Princess, but we were still able to take advantage of EZAir. In the 10 months before the cruise, we changed dates and locations of travel with no problems..just drove our travel agent crazy. I kept a constant watch on prices and got three reductions on the airfare.

Only 4/5 years ago, EZAir could not extend flight dates unless Princess was providing the pre or post reservations.

About 10 years ago, Princess provided air, but you had only the choice of departing airport, the rest was out of your control.

Airfare to Europe can be very expensive and confusing if not coming and going from the same airport. We found EZAir so "easy" to use. Especially the fact that you can get a reduced fare or change of time or airlines, up to the full payment date.

Although I was told it would not happen, we had the ability to choose our seats from the beginning. We even changed out seats before final payment.

As others have said, change of flights and times is coming from the airlines, not Princess. Enjoy your cruise!

We prefer to book the airlines ourselves, and have had good luck. That being said we booked Delta for our Alaska cruise this summer, and a schedule change impacted us. We are staying in Vancouver a few days post cruise and booked a non stop red eye back to New York. We decided to suck up the red eye at the end of the trip to give us another full day. Delta cancelled the red eye non stop and booked us on a commuter flight to Seattle followed by a red eye from there. So we need to leave Vancouver three hours earlier loosing part of the full day we thought we had. Nothing we can do about it.

A real good advantage of EZair is that you have a confirmed reservation that you can adjust yourself if necessary before final payment is due rather than already purchased the ticket & having to except what you have. You also have the protection if something happens beyond your control.

When the Caribbean Princess came out of dry dock recently there were people that had flight delays or had flights cancelled due to weather problems. People with EZair had everything taken care of, hotels, meals, transfers, & flights to get them to the next port. A good reason to use EZair otherwise you're on your own.

Tom😀

Delta cancelled the red eye non stop and booked us on a commuter flight to Seattle followed by a red eye from there. So we need to leave Vancouver three hours earlier loosing part of the full day we thought we had. Nothing we can do about it.

Actually there is something you can do - since the change is over an hour. Ask to be reaccomodated on Cathay Pacific flight 888 YVR-JFK at 10:50pm. They run a great nonstop on this route. If Delta won't book you on the other carrier (it's their discretion, and Cathay is part of a different global alliance), they will refund the fare and you can book separately.

Actually there is something you can do - since the change is over an hour. Ask to be reaccomodated on Cathay Pacific flight 888 YVR-JFK at 10:50pm. They run a great nonstop on this route. If Delta won't book you on the other carrier (it's their discretion, and Cathay is part of a different global alliance), they will refund the fare and you can book separately.

We did think about the Cathay Pacific flight but figured we would stick with Delta. Did not ask Delta if we could make that change.

I thought if the airline had a schedule change of 30 minutes you had option to change your itinerary. We are also on Delta non stop CVG-SEA. It has changed twice since we booked it. Last change was a time difference of 30 min; meaning we land in Seattle 30 min earlier than expected. We could have changed to another flight but are staying on this flight because it is the only non stop from CVG.

A real good advantage of EZair is that you have a confirmed reservation that you can adjust yourself if necessary before final payment is due rather than already purchased the ticket & having to except what you have. You also have the protection if something happens beyond your control.

When the Caribbean Princess came out of dry dock recently there were people that had flight delays or had flights cancelled due to weather problems. People with EZair had everything taken care of, hotels, meals, transfers, & flights to get them to the next port. A good reason to use EZair otherwise you're on your own.

Tom😀

I was one of those passengers affected by flight cancellations trying to catch the CP for the 14 day Transatlantic from LAX. EZ Air said they would only offer next port protection and get me to Bermuda, food, hotels , transfers, etc was on my own unless I also had travel insurance which I did not only EZ Air. So EZ Air only covers next port protection! Nothing else, was gald I got to Bermuda, but missed 3 days of cruise which Princess did refund as OBC per rate paid.

Tom😀

Might they not have had Princess insurance and EZAir? I think EZair only takes care of getting you to the port.

I thought if the airline had a schedule change of 30 minutes you had option to change your itinerary. We are also on Delta non stop CVG-SEA. It has changed twice since we booked it. Last change was a time difference of 30 min; meaning we land in Seattle 30 min earlier than expected. We could have changed to another flight but are staying on this flight because it is the only non stop from CVG.

We could have changed, but there were really no other options unless we cancelled Delta altogether and tried for the Cathy Pacific flight which we did not want to do. We will be leaving Vancouver three hours earlier. Not a real big deal in the scheme of things. It could have been a lot worse.

I was one of those passengers affected by flight cancellations trying to catch the CP for the 14 day Transatlantic from LAX. EZ Air said they would only offer next port protection and get me to Bermuda, food, hotels , transfers, etc was on my own unless I also had travel insurance which I did not only EZ Air. So EZ Air only covers next port protection! Nothing else, was gald I got to Bermuda, but missed 3 days of cruise which Princess did refund as OBC per rate paid.

Might they not have had Princess insurance and EZAir? I think EZair only takes care of getting you to the port.

Based on the previous post, you're correct & it'd require insurance to pay for the incidental expenses of missing an EZAir flight which only provides a flight to the next port.