Booze for back home.

Hadiez

Hello Cruisers.

Ill be going to Aruba, Grand Turk, and Curacao. I was wondering if any of you can recommend a must have booze that you get at one of those ports to take back home. Name? Type? Cost?

Apparently, you won't have to fly home, so you can bring back whatever you like...within the "duty-free" limits. More, if you want to pay the tax...

Those of us who fly to Florida, don't bother...too much hassle anymore!

Hello Cruisers.

Ill be going to Aruba, Grand Turk, and Curacao. I was wondering if any of you can recommend a must have booze that you get at one of those ports to take back home. Name? Type? Cost?

You only need one booze from the Caribbean and you can buy it here in the US though it's not always readily available:

Appleton Estate 21 Year Rum (blue label)

Price: $99.99+

Appleton Estate, Jamaica's premier manufacturer of rum, treats each batch with care, proving that no spirit should be treated like swill. It's common knowledge that whiskey needs time and love-Appleton makes the same case for rum, aging this expression for 21 years to create a smooth but spicy rum you can drink straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Curacao - known for the laraha citrus fruit (tastes a lot like orange) blue liquor called Blue Curacao.

Aruba - Coecoei - a sweet red liquor made from agave, rum and cane sugar that tastes similar to passion fruit. It can only be purchased on Aruba - nowhere else. So if you want some to make Aruba Ariba's back home, you need to buy it in Aruba.

Grand Turk - known for Bambarra Rum

None of the above are expensive - likely under $25 each for a small bottle. Remember to bring plastic bags to pack your bottles in inside of your suitcase in case of breakage during your flight home.

Curacao - known for the laraha citrus fruit (tastes a lot like orange) blue liquor called Blue Curacao.

Aruba - Coecoei - a sweet red liquor made from agave, rum and cane sugar that tastes similar to passion fruit. It can only be purchased on Aruba - nowhere else. So if you want some to make Aruba Ariba's back home, you need to buy it in Aruba.

Grand Turk - known for Bambarra Rum

None of the above are expensive - likely under $25 each for a small bottle. Remember to bring plastic bags to pack your bottles in inside of your suitcase in case of breakage during your flight home.

Thank you!!

I use to love to bring home wine and Appleton Estate Rum for gifts. But now, I can find just about anything I want in the US and usually at the same price. So I just don't find it special or worth while anymore.

Once we at an airport pulling our luggage to check A nice and despondent looking young couple walked up to us with a bottle of rum offering it to me. They said they had purchased it out of the airport at a 'duty free' shop to give as a gift at home. After checking in their bags,before going through security, they realized they had the bottle in their carry on. I really felt bad for their plight and offered to reimburse the because I am a rum drinker. They could have found that rum in any store at home

So anyway, I don't shop for bevs on cruises.

Edited by JMorris271

When we toured the factory a few years ago they had a chocolate version that was to die for.

Hello Cruisers.

None of us know you or what you like to drink. How can we answer your question intelligently or even at all. It is sort of the equivalent of you saying that you are going to Europe and want to buy a car so we should recommend what car you should buy.

DON