Viking Happy Hour

hawkeye65

I posted this question way down below where it's never going to be seen. Forgive the duplication if it does get bumped up.

I have a question about pre-dinner time in the lounge. I don't have much of a head for alcohol. If I have a pre-dinner drink and the wine flows freely in the dining room, it's not likely to end well for me. I can't be the only one with this problem. To complicate matters, I don't like sodas. What else is there for Happy Hour? Will I be the only one with empty hands? Please advise.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

What did you have in mind? If you don't want alcohol and you don't want soda, there's water as JVilleGal suggests or they could probably serve you orange juice or possibly iced tea. They had some interesting iced teas at lunch. And there's coffee and hot tea from the coffee bar 24/7.

I always just had a glass of wine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Like I said before in the other thread, the non-alcoholic summer drinks of choice in Germany and Austria are local fruit juices mixed with sparkling mineral water: apple, red or black currant and rhubarb. Apple is the most popular and always available on shore, hopefully on a ship on European rivers as well. If not, it is sad, but then they should have sweet and unsweet ice tea.

We have done several river cruises with Viking and although we generally enjoyed a glass of wine in the lounge before dinner, we occasionally preferred to wait until the meal. In those cases there are a variety of non-alcoholic beverages available at the bar or you an simply visit the coffee station for a cup of tea, coffee or ice water. It is readily available at all hours and free!

Mineral water, perhaps? Quite honestly, I never paid attention to who was drinking what, and if they were even drinking.

Roz