Can't make reservations for La Cucina any time after 7:00?

I recently went to book our entertainment and dining reservations on the Escape for our upcoming Western Caribbean Cruise leaving on Aug 5th. Strangely, when I go online to book reservations in La Cucina it only shows me times up to 7:00 no matter which night I select. I am wondering why NCL doesn't show any times later than 7:00 on any night for just this one restaurant, could it be a website glitch? Part of me is wondering if this a sign that our cruise is once again a dreaded partial charter... :(

They only open so many slots for booking before the cruise and the only show times they have available.

In other words, all the online bookings are gone.

Don't fret, just book when you get on the ship there are still plenty of spots open.

I recently went to book our entertainment and dining reservations on the Escape for our upcoming Western Caribbean Cruise leaving on Aug 5th. Strangely, when I go online to book reservations in La Cucina it only shows me times up to 7:00 no matter which night I select. I am wondering why NCL doesn't show any times later than 7:00 on any night for just this one restaurant, could it be a website glitch? Part of me is wondering if this a sign that our cruise is once again a dreaded partial charter... :(

I have had a similar problem- call your personal cruise consultant at NCL and he or she can make you your reservations over the phone! :) They have access to all the time slots! ;)

Save

Where do you go to make the reservation? We are on the Escape for 8/5 and I'm not seeing anywhere to make reservations for dining or entertainment yet. It just shows 1 dining (complimentary) and 0 entertainment.

They only open so many slots for booking before the cruise and the only show times they have available. In other words, all the online bookings are gone. Don't fret, just book when you get on the ship there are still plenty of spots open.

The OP is a Havens guest and reservations have not opened to commoners yet. More likely a computer glitch. Call NCL directly to make your reservation.

We are on the same cruise! I had issues booking the spa packages online, the Haven precruise concierge was able to fix it for me.

Good luck!

I kind of wish that the "Haven" passengers had their own entire space....separate from the rest of us. I mean let them have a few restaurants, spas, entertainment etc........so that they don't interfere with us commoners. I am paying to enjoy my cruise just as much as they are. I shouldn't have to compete for booking tenders, spas, restaurants and shows. Yes, they deserve a higher standard of service because they are paying for it....but I am paying to enjoy a "non competitive" cruise and I'd appreciate it if NCL just gave the Haven passengers separate attention to their paid for extras without compromising mine.

I kind of wish that the "Haven" passengers had their own entire space....separate from the rest of us. I mean let them have a few restaurants, spas, entertainment etc........so that they don't interfere with us commoners.

Haven guests don't "interfere" with you in any way.

If Haven guests were zero for your cruise, you would still book reservations at 90 days.

I am paying to enjoy my cruise just as much as they are.

No, you are paying less. :p

(I know what you mean, just having a little fun)

I shouldn't have to compete for booking tenders, spas, restaurants and shows. Yes, they deserve a higher standard of service because they are paying for it....but I am paying to enjoy a "non competitive" cruise and I'd appreciate it if NCL just gave the Haven passengers separate attention to their paid for extras without compromising mine.

There are thousands of other passengers who are trying to book/get dinner reservations, shows, excursions, spa access, VIBE, etc. Your "non competitive" cruise isn't going to happen.

Where do you go to make the reservation? We are on the Escape for 8/5 and I'm not seeing anywhere to make reservations for dining or entertainment yet. It just shows 1 dining (complimentary) and 0 entertainment.

I assume you aren't staying in a suite, in which case you can't make bookings for another couple of days. They will open up for you when you are 90 days out.

I kind of wish that the "Haven" passengers had their own entire space....separate from the rest of us. I mean let them have a few restaurants, spas, entertainment etc........so that they don't interfere with us commoners. I am paying to enjoy my cruise just as much as they are. I shouldn't have to compete for booking tenders, spas, restaurants and shows. Yes, they deserve a higher standard of service because they are paying for it....but I am paying to enjoy a "non competitive" cruise and I'd appreciate it if NCL just gave the Haven passengers separate attention to their paid for extras without compromising mine.

I'm with you on this one, all the way

The Haven is such a small number of guests - only about 4% of passengers. They get to book dinner and shows 10 days earlier, but excursions are the same as everyone else. They don't give out all the reservations prior to the cruise, so there will be plenty left once on board. There haven't been any complaints that all slots were gone at the 90 day mark, so I guess it is best to reserve early if you want advance bookings.

I understand not appreciating that Haven guests don't have to wait for tenders, or embarkation, but that is what they pay so much extra for. Still, it is a relatively small number of people, so it shouldn't cause that much delay for others. I know the irritation, though, I feel the same way when I fly in economy. I hate having to fly a 5 am flight to California and smell the breakfast in first class as they offer very little to the commoners in back. Such is life.

Approximately 70% of the reservation times are held for booking on board. No web site glitch, and nothing nefarious. You can't determine if there is a partial charter based on dining reservations.

I assume you aren't staying in a suite, in which case you can't make bookings for another couple of days. They will open up for you when you are 90 days out.

Makes sense, thank you for explaining and for the link!

What I'm hearing you say is that NCL shouldn't have 2 classes. Those who are suite or haven guests should travel on a luxury cruise? The problem there is that NCL offers a lot more, in terms of entertainment, specialty dining, etc, than Crystal or Regent.

Haven guests don't "interfere" with you in any way.

If Haven guests were zero for your cruise, you would still book reservations at 90 days.

No, you are paying less. :p

(I know what you mean, just having a little fun)

There are thousands of other passengers who are trying to book/get dinner reservations, shows, excursions, spa access, VIBE, etc. Your "non competitive" cruise isn't going to happen.

It is competitive when some are booking all these things 10 days before the rest of us. But it's good to learn that NCL holds back some of the reservations till going on board. That helps for the restaurants and shows.

What I'm hearing you say is that NCL shouldn't have 2 classes. Those who are suite or haven guests should travel on a luxury cruise? The problem there is that NCL offers a lot more, in terms of entertainment, specialty dining, etc, than Crystal or Regent.
Actually I don't have a problem with 2 classes of passengers. I had a suite once myself and it's wonderful to pay extra for all the perks. What I am saying is they should accommodate the suite passengers without it compromising the rest of the passengers experience. For instance....give them a separate tender boat, spa, and a section for seating at the shows. I just don't want to try and get a spa pass and find out that they are all gone because the suite passengers get them first. The do have their own restaurant which is a step in the right direction.

many haven guests dont even book ahead anyway since they concierge can usually get them in anywhere they want, even same day. also on the large ships they have their own restaurant, and many opt to just eat there or with room service.

weve sailed 3 NCL mega ships and have never had an issue getting shows and dining we want. maybe its different during busy seasons (we always sail at off peak times) but their perks dont affect me. on two occasions ive had the pleasure of enjoying those perks!!!

weve sailed 3 NCL mega ships and have never had an issue getting shows and dining we want. maybe its different during busy seasons (we always sail at off peak times) but their perks dont affect me. on two occasions ive had the pleasure of enjoying those perks!!!

We cruise only at peak times. Other than the solo transatlantics I have done, every ship we have sailed on for the past few years has been completely full. They include the new mega ships and also the smaller ones (Spirit, Star and Jewel class).

I have never had any trouble booking the restaurants we want at 90 days out. Whenever I have checked days or even weeks after that there has also been reasonable availability.

I have also never had any problem getting or changing any reservations after boarding.

Basically, in my experience, the 100 day booking period for Suites has made no noticeable difference to availability for the rest of us.

It is competitive when some are booking all these things 10 days before the rest of us. But it's good to learn that NCL holds back some of the reservations till going on board. That helps for the restaurants and shows.

The dining reservations made online are only about 30% of the total reservations. The majority of people can easily make a reservation the day that they embark.

An extra tip...Using the iConcierge app, people can book reservations while sitting in the terminal before they board via the ship's wifi. (y)

It was a website glitch as many have pointed out, guess I jumped right to thinking the worst. I called the pre-concierge and they took care of that reservation plus some other issues with our entertainment booking that had been double booked by accident.

I was worried that with all of the inclusive dining packages that it may be difficult to get reservations onboard. We never had an issue but last year on the Escape the specialty restaurants were super packed and all booked up for the cruise by the end of the first night. Adrian was great and always got us the times we wanted, but he told us that with all of the promotional bookings that many of the specialties were being overcrowded. Of course, he also mentioned that they were having more problems with no-shows that in the past.

Thanks to everyone for all of the replies!