First Impressions are Lasting Impressions

WYTinman

My wife and I have been searching around for a new cruise line.

Anyone who has been a loyal "Suite Cruiser" with NCL will understand why we are searching. Enough with the "other line" bashing.

To date we have a couple of Princess cruises booked in Suites. Both for Itinerary mostly. It was three, but due to some unforeseen storm damage to our house we had to "Downsize" a cruise.

In downsizing we decided on a 7 day Eastern on the Divina in the Y/C instead of a Suite on Princess going to Alaska.

Now for the First Impressions.

Over the Weekend the MSC website was a mess. I'll leave it at that.

My wife and I had already done the Status Match thinking we would book MSC for Europe in the distant future.

Status Match is a good thing for those of us looking to change cruise lines...If I was Loyal to MSC and working toward Status, I wouldn't like it in the least. Again I'll leave it at that.

On Monday I called the Toll-Free booking number to book our cruise with the 5% Voyager Club discount.

What I got, was to date, the most enjoyable booking experience I've had with any cruise line.

My call was answered by Tim Brosnan, a PVC (Personal Vacation Consultant) for MSC.

Tim listened to all of my wishes for this cruise, offered his recommendations to meet those wishes, and asked the right questions to figure out that I qualified for a 10% public service discount.

I don't need to get into the chit-chat that went on during the call but, he is a conversationalist that will make you feel good about booking with MSC.

He treated me so well I booked a Royal Suite on the Seaside with him yesterday.

Then today, I called again to change my cabin on Divina. He recognized my phone number and answered with " Good Morning Mark, How can I help you Today".

Needless to say, my first impression of MSC is a very favorable one. My hope is that my cruises will live up to the standard set by this First Impression.

When calling MSC ask for Tim, or ask here. I will post his direct number if CC will allow it.

Mark

Congrats. The Royal Suite is difficult to get on Seaside because it sells-out so quickly.

As for "first impressions", mine will be when I pull up to the Yacht Club tent next June. :p

(First MSC cruise)

We too are sailing MSC after many years of spending on suites at NCL. FDR has his plan but it is making us less loyal to NCL.

We are going on Divina a few weeks before you for our DD HS grad trip.

We haven't had too many problems with MSC website until yesterday when trying a couple things and get error pages.

I actually haven't spent too much time researching everything MSC or YC because I don't expect too many surprises vs. our experiences on NCL as seasoned customers with them.

Just wanted to chime in here also about the wonderful customer service we experienced with the MSC TAs . We originally booked with Sol who was so professional and patient with us newbies . A few days later we decided to change our cabin assignments and Rob was extremely helpful and kind . I sent out an email to their supervisor with kudos to his staff , and the next day this fellow called us. I am super impressed . Can't wait to cruise with MSC .

Great story; thanks for sharing.

We too had similar difficulties with MSC's website, so we call the number and got the delightful Ms. Luna *******!

She initially expressed regrets for the problems with the website, and proceeded to book our cruise aboard the Divina in the Royal Suite. We sail next month, and I have received nothing but the greatest, most attentive service from Ms. ******* over the past 11 months.

We were also NCL Haven people looking for something not so pricey!! They have gone out the roof!!! Book our first YC for May of next year on the Seaside!!! Everyone has raven about the YC!! Hope it lives up to our expectations but so far....so good!!!!!

Great story; thanks for sharing.

We too had similar difficulties with MSC's website, so we call the number and got the delightful Ms. Luna *******!

She initially expressed regrets for the problems with the website, and proceeded to book our cruise aboard the Divina in the Royal Suite. We sail next month, and I have received nothing but the greatest, most attentive service from Ms. ******* over the past 11 months.

Yes i have heard nothing but great things about Ms Luna.

most agents are really nice and helpful on the phone. When I first found out about MSC and was considering the Divina for April 2017 I called them with all kinds of questions. I got Ms. Luna on the phone. What a first impression it was. She answered all my questions and I knew that MSC would be for us. We were on the divina April 15th. It was an amazing trip.

I will concur about the website woes. It gets a bit hairy at times. But, I will also second the quality of the customer service on direct calls. My interactions have been professional, friendly, and very helpful.

My wife and I have been searching around for a new cruise line.

Anyone who has been a loyal "Suite Cruiser" with NCL will understand why we are searching. Enough with the "other line" bashing.

To date we have a couple of Princess cruises booked in Suites. Both for Itinerary mostly. It was three, but due to some unforeseen storm damage to our house we had to "Downsize" a cruise.

In downsizing we decided on a 7 day Eastern on the Divina in the Y/C instead of a Suite on Princess going to Alaska.

Now for the First Impressions.

Over the Weekend the MSC website was a mess. I'll leave it at that.

My wife and I had already done the Status Match thinking we would book MSC for Europe in the distant future.

Status Match is a good thing for those of us looking to change cruise lines...If I was Loyal to MSC and working toward Status, I wouldn't like it in the least. Again I'll leave it at that.

On Monday I called the Toll-Free booking number to book our cruise with the 5% Voyager Club discount.

What I got, was to date, the most enjoyable booking experience I've had with any cruise line.

My call was answered by Tim Brosnan, a PVC (Personal Vacation Consultant) for MSC.

Tim listened to all of my wishes for this cruise, offered his recommendations to meet those wishes, and asked the right questions to figure out that I qualified for a 10% public service discount.

I don't need to get into the chit-chat that went on during the call but, he is a conversationalist that will make you feel good about booking with MSC.

Then today, I called again to change my cabin on Divina. He recognized my phone number and answered with " Good Morning Mark, How can I help you Today".

Needless to say, my first impression of MSC is a very favorable one. My hope is that my cruises will live up to the standard set by this First Impression.

When calling MSC ask for Tim, or ask here. I will post his direct number if CC will allow it.

Mark

I can now agree with you about Tim. Called to extend our cruise on Seaside (first leg booked with local TA) and could not have had better service. Called today and booked Divina with him for the end of August. If these all work out, I may go directly to him for all future MSC bookings.

So how do I reach Tim I'm going in 2 weeks on the Divina I'm also in the Royals sweet but this sounds too good to pass up

Sent from my SM-T567V using Forums mobile app

You can call the 800 number for booking and just ask for Tim Brosnon by name. I did today and was transferred to his desk. Tell him Mary Ann suggested you call.:D

Here are his hours:

My normal work days and hours are as follows :

Monday 9 to 6

Tuesday 9 to 6

Wednesday 9 to 6

Thursday – off

Friday 9 to 6

Saturday 10 to 6

Sunday – off

Tim is the guy I got the first time I ever called the MSC line and have worked with him ever since - we cruised on the Divina in April and are cruising it again in September. I wrote a review and it has been posted - "simple elegance" - had a wonderful experience. And would recommend Tim to anyone needing help.

most agents are really nice and helpful on the phone. When I first found out about MSC and was considering the Divina for April 2017 I called them with all kinds of questions. I got Ms. Luna on the phone. What a first impression it was. She answered all my questions and I knew that MSC would be for us. We were on the divina April 15th. It was an amazing trip.

Luna is the greatest, I will only deal with her. she is so knowledge in the area of MSC and the offerings. I have book three cruises through her. Any time I have a question the is no hesitation she has the answer.