AFT balcony

Had an Aft balcony on the Getaway on Deck 12 -- HUGE! Such a wonderful experience. We also booked an Aft Balcony on the Bliss sailing November 24th -- Deck 9. So excited!

Love aft Balconies. I have a 9th deck aft balcony on Escape in October. If the Bliss is the same deck plan as Escape. The 9th and 12th decks will have the biggest balconies on the ship. Enjoy!

I assume from your love of the 9th floor aft balcony that there wasn't any noise from the 8th deck inside the cabin?

We loved almost everything about our aft cabin on deck 12 of the Getaway...awesome views, HUGE balcony, some shade during the day. The only issue we had was the thumping of the music from Spice H2O late into the night.

I would not book an aft - got one (9238) at the Norwegian Star (booked a guarantee) and it was OK (I know, if I book guarantee I have to take what I get).

CON:

It was 9238 and the balcony was loud. In my opinion nearly not to use - loud like sitting near an starting airplane. You are not able to talk to another person while on the balcony.

Cabin itself is louder than average due to the noise outside. Don´t expect a quiet cruise.

They cleaned the overhanging windows above every morning - and the dirty water swapped over my lounger, table etc.

You will walk a lot. Never had problems reaching 10.000 steps..... even on a seaday.

PRO:

Larger than average balcony (with a lounger an a chair instead of just two chairs).

Never heard anything from my neighbours - drowned out by the noise from the engine and whirling water....

I never have problems with seasickness - but the motion in an aft cabin is noticeabler than in the middle of a ship. Keep in mind.

I assume from your love of the 9th floor aft balcony that there wasn't any noise from the 8th deck inside the cabin?

We had a ninth floor aft balcony on Sun and didn't notice any noise.

We picked deck 9 for our aft balcony because it is only one flight of stairs down to the waterfront. I have never been on a NCL ship before. But we are looking forward to it for sure.

Depends on the ship. We booked an Aft balcony on The Sky a few years ago and will never do so again. Because of the Great Outdoors Cafe on the pool deck was above us, we constantly had trash, food, and drinks dumped on our balcony... even while we were sitting there. Poor DH had 3 drinks spilled ON him in one afternoon.

Would love to sail in an Aft again...but we'll have to take a very close look at the deck plans before we do (obviously didn't do our homework on that one!).

We were in 10168, a Deck 10 Aft cabin on the Gem.

We were very unhappy with it. Sugar packets, stirring sticks, napkins, and all sorts of garbage came down from The Great Outdoors on Deck 12. When they were washing down The Great Outdoors, the dirty water ended up on our balcony and on our chairs.

It was a long walk from the Spinnaker shows and activities.

This location is not for us.

Loved the Aft's we have had on the Star to Alaska, Gem , Sky & Breakaway - One sugar packet on balcony only 1 morning. All else great!

Also loved the suites we have had on the Star, Getaway, Jewel, Spirit, Sky

Like most everyone else, we have loved every aft balcony to date and can hardly wait for them on the Escape and Getaway. The views and space and sound of the water from your balcony make up for every extra step it takes to get to your room.