28 Days of Prinsendam

arzz

we are booked on the Prinsendam for its 28 nights repositioning back to the States in October. The itinerary has recently been changed to exclude Egypt which is a bummer, particularly since there are a couple days in Jerusalem which I would consider much more iffy than Egypt (sigh!). However, there's lot of time to add additional changes to the itinerary and who know what will be going on (or not going on) in the middle east by that time

we just booked the same trip.... First time on the Prinsendam.

I don't think I am doing this reply thing right. Don't know if it got posted or not. Please forgive my limited computer skills. We just booked the Cruise leaving Athens on Oct. 19th. Never been on the Prinsendam before. It is exciting.

Sister Teresa Irene

Day 4 - Off to the Races

Well, almost. We were in Bermuda today, as a sort of pit stop on our way across the Atlantic. It appears that in 17 days Bermuda will be host to some part of the America's Cup Race and the island is all abuzz about the upcoming event. Signs advertise the coming race and listening to the locals it seems to pepper their conversations with each other as it will certainly impact their lives.

The weather today was sunny and seventies with a mild breeze - just perfect in my book. DH and I discussed at length what to do with our time today - we have already been to many of the common tourist attractions when we cruised (dare I say this on the HAL Board?) Azamara to Bermuda in their very first season. Azamara still did not quite have their act together (it was like they had not really defined who they were) - we weren't impressed and it clearly wasn't Holland America so we have never wished to repeat the experience. We did, however, have a very nice few days docked at Hamilton and an unforgettable reposition to St. George's.

So ... back to what to do today -- most of the big tourist stuff we have been to (like the caves and the fort and circling the island) - and we really were not in town long enough for it to seem worthwhile to do some of the other things that we may have enjoyed like beaching or sailing ... so we ended up walking around Hamilton, shared a sandwich and a cool beverage, and went to the book store (a very worthwhile stop) .....

However, what we really did today is play with electronics. DH decided that this trip it would be good to have a working cell phone in order to do things like consult maps and order uber while touring. So a couple of weeks ago he visited T Mobile with his old 5s iPhone, purchased a new SIM card with the promise that we would have no trouble overseas and enrolled the phone in a phone plan. We were told that in port all we had to do was turn the phone on and we would get instructions on how to proceed. At home the phone worked fine.

All I can say is that it did not work that way. After much toying, coaxing and fiddling with the phone we finally decided that at least for this port our day needed to be about the port and not the phone. DH, however, is very frustrated.

To add icing to the cake, when we returned to the ship, just for the heck of it, I turned on my sprint phone which is not supposed to work overseas and got an immediate text message telling me how to proceed if I wished to do so. DH was not happy.

Back on the ship we enjoyed afternoon tea as we had each had a somewhat incomplete lunch. They serve the tea in the Ocean Bar (gotta love the Prinsendam) and it was both a pleasant and satisfying break. For those who may not have attended an afternoon tea - there is light classical music playing in the background - everyone gets a small teapot full of hot water and gets to choose a type of tea - then little open face sandwiches, pastries and scones (complete with cream and jam) are circulated by the wait staff. It certainly helped to calm the frustrated beast. Today we seem to be grazing rather than eating.

Sail away was at 4:30 on deck 9 by the aft pool. The bar staff were selling beverages and they circulated with pot stickers, little spinach pies, cheese cubes, crackers, and an assortment of other munchies including shrimp and liver mousse. It is good to be on the Prinsendam. Our grazing continued...

The harbor and exit in Bermuda was very scenic. We were surrounded by neat pastel homes perched on the shore and the hills and various craft in the water including two behemoth cruise ships that were out at King's Wharf. The Prinsendam is small enough that we were able to dock right in downtown Hamilton like Azamara did the last time we were here and the Veendam still does. Actually the last time we were here the most memorable moments we had were watching a local festival that took place that week in town. As we ate dinner one night in an upper deck restaurant we were treated to "toilet races" - yes that is what I said - folks were racing toilets that they had mounted on various platforms - we were told it was an annual event.

Today in Hamilton they seem to have "flushed" the toilets, none of that type of rigamarole around, just a sophisticated city waiting for the races.

As we exited Hamilton we were followed by "Faithful", our tug boat, and passed all sorts of sail boats - groups of kids each on their own almost miniature sail boat taking lessons and sailing together in circles, a grand old tall ship the "Gulden Leeuw", who was impatiently waiting for our parking place in town - (one could, not knowing the native language here, and with no offense either meant or intended, decide that the name of the tall ship might be the "golden loo" which would juxtapose rather well with the toilet races we witnessed last time we were here ... but I digress) and some America's Cup contenders practicing - those racing boats are not only fast they seem to glide across the water like they are skating on ice - and if you look close you can see that the boats actually ride above the water with only a small wing-like device that rides underwater. That was really cool to see - (do I divulge my age by using this expression?)

We now have four days at sea before we land at Horta. In answer to a question posted on line I will talk more about the dining room tomorrow when I have a sea day to organize my thoughts.

We will be on the Prinsendam for 34 days this summer so we are really appreciating your reports.

Thanks for taking us along and thanks for stoking the excitement of our upcoming cruise on the the MS Prisendam. After 20 Holland America cruises in a row we finally are going to sail on The Elegent Explorer,

Sharing your cruise is special to us.

Sorry to hear about your DH's phone.

Technology is great ......when it works.

I don't blame you both for being frustrated.

Sounds like the P'dam is still doing sail a ways in fine style ;)

Wishing you a smooth crossing to Horta.

Thank you Jonas for providing the correct info on that glorious tall ship that we saw yesterday!

Day 5 - Prinsendam - Nothing spectacular to report (this is a good thing)

Just another sunny day crossing the seas. Weather still in the low seventies, sun still shining, seas still incredibly cooperative. Nothing spectacular to report from the seas - it is so good to be one level removed from the news ... so good.

Speakers today spoke on "How Trade Wrote History" and "Giant Waves - The Science of Tsunamis". This trip, to hear the speakers, we actually have to go to the presentations. I am not a great audience for this ship's rather petite showroom at sea as if I get bored I tend to nod off - especially if I am a little under the influence of bonine. Unlike the larger Amsterdam theatre where one can hide in the balcony and either sleep or retreat from up there, on this ship everyone in the audience is within view of the speaker. I do hate to be rude. So I have been skipping the live talks figuring I could catch up on my cabin TV - but much to my chagrin only the port lecturer and shore excursion staff are so honored as to be repeated on the cabin TV. I really miss the lectures in my cabin and wish HAL would reconsider their decision to not rebroadcast the lectures.

Today's movie was "Golden Years" and much other stuff was offered to fill the time for folks. DH and I enjoyed the freedom to walk around the promenade, sit out on deck, read books and even nap.

At 2 pm today, once again it became 3 pm. We will do this again tomorrow - yet I don't think we will be done with this tomorrow - it is bound to happen a time or two more.

Before dinner we were invited to an Officer's Reception in the Crow's Nest. I now know what the Captain looks like, and from the invite I know that Cees Tesselaar is the Hotel Director. As usual, the Prinsendam did a lovely job with the gathering but we had to leave all to soon, it seemed to get to dinner.

After dinner the show was given by "Ukebox" a group of five young men from Liverpool who play ukuleles of many shapes and sizes. We have seen this group before and they are fantastic. Tonight's show did not disappoint and they announced that they will be back for a second show in a couple of days.

In answer to a cruise critic member query today I will share a bit more about dining on the Prinsendam.

Breakfast is offered via room service, in the Lido and the main dining room. We like to partake of a relaxed breakfast in dining room and have not yet been up to see the spread in the Lido. Seating at breakfast in the dining room is open seating - usually no wait - and most folks sit at shared tables with others. Since DH is not able to communicate in a socially acceptable manner until he has eaten his breakfast we always request a table for two (what the dining room managers call a "honeymoon table"), take copies of the Daily Times Digest (which can be dangerous - witness the news this morning - it can sure break the blissful bubble) and read while we eat.

The menu offers many options: eggs, frittatas, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. One of the waiters circulates with a large tray of fresh pastries. This morning a gentleman at the table next to me ordered the "European Breakfast" - it was a plate with cheese, hard boiled egg, cold meat slices, a piece of herring, a lovely roll, and a small fresh lettuce salad - I think that is what I will do tomorrow. There is also an option for an Asian breakfast.

At lunch time there is the Lido which has an incredible spread - they always slice some hot meats, have a fish selection, and Italian station with spaghetti and or lasagna, and an Asian station that does stir fries, sushi and noodle soups. I need to check tomorrow to verify that this ship is doing the noodle soups. The Lido choices on the Prinsendam are not equivalent on both sides of the ship - Asian station on one side, Italian station on the other and my personal favorite the sandwich station which is only on the starboard side of the ship. They offer prepared bagged sandwiches or sandwiches made to order for you with a selection of sandwich meats, salads and fixings. There is also a pizza station.

Outside on the deck is the "Dive In" for freshly prepared burgers and hot dogs - today the Dive In also was serving freshly prepared fish and chips, DH's favorite.

For dessert they have a large spread and there is the ice cream station where they serve up ice cream and cookies and, lastly, there is the famous Holland America Bread pudding station.

The dining room also serves a lunch available on sea days between noon and 1 pm. In the dining room they offer daily appetizers, soup, main course and dessert. We seldom eat there as noon is a little early for us to eat lunch but it is a lovely place to lunch.

At dinner time there is both fixed and open seating. The Prinsendam has two dining rooms - the larger dining room in the stern, and the more intimate dining room that is just forward of the large dining room. It occupies a narrow space and at times folks walk through there on the way to and from the large dining room - however, it is much quieter when you eat in that room.

The fixed diners are normally assigned tables in the more forward dining room, and the aft dining room serves mostly the open seating crowd. I say mostly, because this trip we have been assigned to eat at a table for 6 in the large dining room. We have a table that is near the kitchen - and some of the other folks at our table specifically requested fixed dining in the large dining room as they dislike the smaller venue. We are happy just having the opportunity to eat. Fixed dining on this voyage is offered at 5:15 and 8:00.

The menu offers soups, salads and appetizers as well as main course options and desserts. In addition, if you cannot find what floats your boat on the daily menu there are the "every night" options which include ceasar salad, French onion soup, steak, chicken and salmon.

If folks have specific questions, just post them and I will try to offer an answer if I can.

Off to bed now after another short day.

Day 6

Today has been another glorious day at sea. Temperatures a bit lower, skies a bit cloudy, occasional drizzle and deep blue seas (about 5000 meters deep yesterday and much of today but now only about 2000 meters deep), and, in late afternoon, it is getting a little hazy out and no longer is the Captain putting the pedal to the metal at 19 point some knots - we are traveling a more conservative 15 and a half knots.

Today is also a Thursday - each morning we do the New York Times puzzle from the daily Times Digest. Early in the week it is "dueling puzzles" but by Thursday we move from dueling puzzles to collaboration - sort of like one of us loosens the cap and the other one opens the jar.

For lunch we ate up in the lido today and found a prime table at the aft windows overlooking the pool. This area used to be an outside eating space with a canvas cover which was lovely to sit in - it is also lovely now that it has been enclosed. We were having about six foot seas and it was fun to watch the water slosh around in the pool, folks essentially swimming in the waves, and only once did a small amount of water dump over the aft end of the pool. That was interesting to finally see from above as we once witnessed a large volume of pool contents (possibly the whole pool) dump in very heavy seas on a previous cruise.

DH and I partook of goodies offered by the spa today - after my massage I find myself a relaxed shadow of what I was this morning. My skin lapped up that massage oil so well that it didn't feel like I had anything to shower off afterward (though please be assured that I did so anyway).

This afternoon I found myself sitting and reading in the Explorer's Lounge when the hostess from the culinary arts center came in to do her food trivia - so unwittingly I found myself participating. I discovered that in ancient China pork was reserved for the emperor, in France you cannot call it ice cream unless it contains eggs, and that in Finland they eat more horse meat than lamb and pork combined. (I hope it was pork that was the second meat, I know it wasn't beef and I am sure it wasn't chicken ... but that senior brain thing) - and I walked away with a Holland America destination pin. If I had stayed I could have also had a free beverage from the Explorations Cafe. As I was just finishing my Chai, I passed on that.

We had three speakers today: "Mountains of the Deep - Crucibles of Creation?", "Old World vs New World: The Colombian Exchange" and "The Azores - 'Bare Bones Art' and Horta's Unique Sailing Culture" - today's movie was LaLa Land.

Ukebox, for the second time this trip, ate at the table kitty corner from us in the dining room. On our last gala night there were all there in their tuxes, cute as penguins. Maybe we will see them there again tomorrow, another gala night.

We are now about halfway to Horta from Bermuda. Two more days at sea and loving our time on the Prinsendam. I am considering where to go for our next trip - we do choose our trips by itinerary - but now I am most interested in choosing an itinerary that pleases as long as it is on the Prinsendam. We do love this ship.

we are booked on the Prinsendam for its 28 nights repositioning back to the States in October. The itinerary has recently been changed to exclude Egypt which is a bummer, particularly since there are a couple days in Jerusalem which I would consider much more iffy than Egypt (sigh!). However, there's lot of time to add additional changes to the itinerary and who know what will be going on (or not going on) in the middle east by that time

we are booked for October also..... glad to meet you.

Day 7 - Out with Horta and in with Brest

I wish to begin by apologizing to Finland. From yesterday's food trivia question - I misspoke - it was Sweden that eats the horse meat. Once again, no offense intended.

This morning our skies were a bit grey, the ocean toothy and grey but our ride is still smooth - a no bonine day. Temperatures in the upper sixties with strong winds.

The Captain held an "Ask the Captain" session in the showroom - He and Verity sat in large chairs set on a large dark blue oval carpet that spread from one side of the stage to the other with the words "Ask the Captain" woven in it in large white letters. He took questions from the audience. Since I am on a no bonine day I thought there was a chance that I might remain awake for the hour and actually attended.

I did find out a few things about the ship, how many tons of fuel it burns an hour (which I, of course, immediately forgot because I brought nothing upon which to take notes), why they don't install solar panels on the ship to save on fuel consumption (not enough surface area to produce a practical amount of energy) and all manner of questions.

I learned that Prinsendam's teak decks were not only built out of teak, but they were built out of unusually thick teak boards - very different from today's standards which is why many of the original teak decks remain on the ship today - however they do require constant maintenance. We have noticed that the teak decking at the stern of the ship is a bit warped (on the promenade deck), and when we were out aft of the aft pool walking on the deck boards caused some water to bubble up out of the cracks which the Captain explained are the types of expected issues that teak decking has and are dealt with during dry docks.

When asked about the future of another small ship for Holland America when the Prinsendam finally reaches her point of no return - the Captain shared that he had spoken with Orlando Ashford on that topic specifically when he was onboard early in this year's Grand South America Voyage. The Captain was told that Holland America had worked the figures for the cost of a new ship of this size and what it would cost to operate - and Mr. Ashford said that to build and operate a new small Prinsendam size ship would require raising the fares to the approximate level of Seabourn. We are sad. We are very sad.

I also found out that I have something in common with the Captain. He was asked to share his most tense or difficult moments at sea and he shared two of them. One of them was the Grand South America Voyage in 2007 - (he was an officer on board at that time - Captain Gundersen was the Captain) when we ran into that incredible storm with the incredible waves in the Drake Passage on our way to Antarctica. Later I asked him if he had a copy of the elusive "kitchen video" that was rumored to have existed on that cruise - but he does not have it. I cannot imagine what it must have felt like to be on the bridge at that time.

Now ... on to the "much change". The Captain, in his 1:00 pm report from the bridge announced that the expected seas in the Azores, where we were scheduled to be on Sunday, are 14 to 18 feet with gale force winds of about 40 knots. Under the circumstances it will not be possible to dock in Horta, or anywhere in the Azores - so we have adjusted course, and are again putting the pedal to the metal at 19 knots to stay ahead of a low pressure front and to make it to an alternate port. The ship has secured dock space in Brest for the 17th. I know nothing about Brest - must do some research fast. This will, however, mean seven continuous days at sea ... something that we usually try to avoid as DH starts to bounce off the bulkheads after about four days at sea. Maybe I WILL have to hide the knives.

We are quite pleased that HAL has found us an alternate port, something that they had no obligation to do and, as usual, we are happy to roll with the flow - hopefully not too much rolling but the Captain did say to expect 8 - 10 foot swells tomorrow.

While waiting in line in the Lido for lunch, I found myself standing next to one of the five members of Ukebox who were scheduled to leave us at Horta on Sunday ... well they will be aboard for a bit of extra free cruise and if we are lucky they may do a third show for us. Time will tell.

At food trivia this afternoon I found out that "extra virgin olive oil" is the first fraction of olive oil to come out of the presses and has less than 1% acidic content, that a calamari has ten arms (not my naive answer of 8), pina colada is the official drink of Puerto Rico and the amount of energy in food is measured in a bomb calorimeter. (Some of these answers I knew but I am ashamed to admit to the questions of the other ones that I missed).

Though we have tried all day we have not completely removed the lid of the jar on the Friday New York Times crossword - though there is still time - it could happen.

Tonight is our second gala night. If anything interesting happens there (other than the expected food) I will post it with tomorrow's report.

Thanks Arrz.

Sorry to hear the news on the P'dam when she goes. Of course, they could buy a ship rather than build ;)

A shame you are missing Horta but, Brest is on our itinerary next year and it is a great spot. I found this thread very helpful, so hopefully it will help save you a bit of searching. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2052729

It is a very unique spot. I hope you enjoy it and the seas stay comfortable for you.

Day 8 - in the middle of many days at sea

Another sea day. This evening we are passing to the south of Horta, and south of most of the weather disturbance. Our outside temperatures are in the mid sixties with some noticeable wind - the skies have been cloudy all day and there was some rain late in the afternoon.

We are now somewhat aware of the oceans - seems like for the first time this cruise I will go to bed being able to feel the soothing circular motions of the ocean - but still not all that noticeable. The sea state is listed as "6".

This morning we slept in and had a small continental breakfast in the room as we had the Collector's Voyage Luncheon rather early (for us) at 11:30. They served us a Holland America Rijsttafel. Since we haven't done a Collector's Voyage in some years it was a delight to enjoy. The dining room and tables were decorated and we were greeted by a waiter and a waitress in Indonesian costume. A good time was had by all. This is a unique Holland America tradition that I would hate to see disappear. Once again, being on the Prinsendam is nice!

Today we had three speakers: #1: "The French Connection, 2017" #2: Decoding Dinosaurs - A Giant in Morocco and 3: "New World Cash Crops of Cotton and Tobacco".

Still not doing regular trivia this trip - but at food trivia this afternoon I found out that the state that holds the record for the largest ice cream sundae ever is California - they used no less than 4667 Gallons of ice cream to produce this beauty. One can only imagine what they may have used as a sundae dish as well as how they might have concocted a creation that large that wasn't mostly ice cream soup by the time it was fully prepared. You must understand we don't have that many things to ponder on while we are at sea ...

This morning we awoke to a very nice apology letter from the Captain (as if he could do anything other than the decision that was made) for missing the port of Horta and a list of shore excursions for Brest. Yesterday afternoon there was a wild scrabble in the ship's library looking for information about Brest. Many did not even know what country it is in ... oh, with a little play on words there are just so many answers for where Brest is located ... but I once again digress - though I should keep you abreast of the situation.

For those who are curious, the Prinsendam still has a library with a lot of books that are being well used. Ominous, however, is not just the expected lack of a librarian, but that the book cases are all unlocked - the whole library is operating on the honor system and it appears the passengers are honorable.

We also had the apology sparkling wine at dinner - as well as sparkling wine with the Rijsttafel ... it has been some day - I guess we started early.

Off now to see Ukebox take 2.

The second performance by Ukebox was even better than the first. They make you feel really good and are really funny. For those who have never seen a five member ukulele boy band from Liverpool (who wear either suits or tuxedos for performances) it might be hard to imagine - but if you ever find yourself with the opportunity to see them perform - don't pass it up!

Tomorrow ... more seas. We won't be in Brest until the 17th which I think is Wednesday - all I can say is it is a damn good thing that they display the days of the week on the elevator carpet.

Day 9 - And yet another day at sea

The only other time we have had this many consecutive days at sea was the first time we crossed the Pacific from Seattle bound for Japan in 2008. We were supposed to stop on the Kamchatka Peninsula on the way - and it got cancelled. That time we were 10 consecutive days at sea.

Though I truly enjoy the sea days I find myself slowly converting into a sort of sea-tranced state where life is relaxed, everything is done for us, and all we are responsible for is existing.

This morning it was lower sixties and still cloudy. We had a couple hours of cloudy sunshine in the early afternoon which was a pleasant surprise. We finished our southern pass of the Azores and are now heading on a definitely northeast course. Around mid-day we finally progressed to under 1000 miles away from Brest and at the present time we are 870 nautical miles from our port.

Feeling no pressure at all to do anything today I somehow found myself in a compulsive loop trying to solve the New York Times Sunday crossword - We kept loosening the lid to the jar but between DH and myself we were unable to completely remove it. We have failed. I was so involved in the puzzle that I missed food trivia and almost everything else today (except, of course, lunch and dinner). We also went to the show, "Sessions" performed by the Prinsendam singers.

I could have been in a low dose bonine fog all day - the seas weren't at all bad but there has been a bit of a slow roll. And, I guess we have all week to keep concentrating on the puzzle as we will not get the solution until next Sunday.

Just checked the date and time channel (my personal favorite on board) and it seems the sea state has grown from 4 to 7 and we still have force 7 winds - 32 knots - (which I think are gale or near gale force) - that might explain my yearning for bonine.

Happy on board and tomorrow is another sea day.

Your reports are so beautifully written and detailed – I canonly imagine how much time it takes. But for those of us reading them and livingvicariously, please know that yourefforts are deeply appreciated.

Your response to my question concerning the dining room is exactlywhat we were hoping for in terms of the information you provided. Thank you!

Sad news though regarding no smaller ship for HAL once the Prinsendam retires. All the more reason to sail on her soon.

Day Ten - Yet even another, another, sea day and we are not done yet.

One more sea day tomorrow, one more 2 pm to 3 pm time change and less than 500 miles to our next port of Brest.

Today we were cloudy again and in the low sixties with nine to ten foot swells and force 7 winds (about 30 knots). I have to admit that I was surprised to view the swells from my cabin - by the way this ship is sailing I would never have guessed that the waves are as large as they are. Gotta love the Prinsendam.

They tried to keep us busy today - one speaker and the location guide's talk on Zeebruge. And, at least for about half of us, there was the mariner's reception and luncheon.

Apparently there are some 750 mariners aboard the ship. Today they held the mariner's reception in the show lounge complete with mimosas, sparking wine and trays of munchies - then the Captain and Hotel Manager awarded medallions: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum - and one addition to the President's Club. Tomorrow there will be no reception when the other half of the mariners have their luncheon. My guess would be that the 350 at today's proceedings were the bronze medallions and higher - and tomorrow will be for those with lower numbers of sea days. We received "new design" tiles of the Prinsendam.

We wonder, at the end of the next 14 day cruise will we be invited again to the luncheon and receive two more tiles?

At food trivia I found out that the kind of nut that was called the Kara (spelling? Uncertain) that resembles the skull and brains is, not surprisingly, the walnut, that the Mars candy bar named "snickers" was named after one of their horses and that it takes, on the average, about 345 squirts from a cow's udder to accumulate a gallon of milk. That last bit of knowledge is going to prove very useful for me ...

Today's movie was "Fences" and for those on board who saw it and had not seen it before it got rave reviews.

We are just cruising and chilling and enjoying our time at sea.

Day 11 - What else? Another Day at Sea

This morning it was overcast and foggy - both winds and sea state were a lot better than yesterday, temperatures in the upper fifties - And the fog horn. Where we are, mid-ships on Main deck, we can't hear it at all - but those in the high priced real estate get buzzed every two minutes - though we really do not know if they are well enough sound insulated or not - we heard only faint toots in the lido at lunch time.

We were up on deck and in the crow's nest this afternoon and it was difficult to see the water. Thank goodness ships are now equipped with radar and sonar so that the fog horn is the last and not the first defense against the fog and we trust our crew so much that the weather is of no concern to us.

We have passed the tip of Spain and are now heading across the Bay of Biscay towards Brest which is only 214 nautical miles away at 4:30 this afternoon.

This cruise has been absolutely wonderful so far - When we chose it we were encouraged by the ports in Bermuda and Horta to break up our time at sea during the crossing. Though we always know that there are unavoidable conditions that cause one to miss a port we were betting against it - this time we "lost" the bet but the comfort of the Prinsendam more than made up for it.

Lido lunch was very empty today as the other half of the ship had their mariner events. As long as the lido is not swamped like it is at the very peak times we find that the service on board is fantastic - plenty of staff around to help with everything from finding a table to getting us water, tea or lemonade to have with out lunch and tables are cleaned and prepped for the next folks as soon as they go empty.

Tomorrow, strangely enough, is the unusual occurrence, as we will be going in to port. As our 28 day itinerary progresses that will become the norm, and the sea days will become the rare ones. We will have to shift gears, get the euros out (and our Passports - as the port has asked us to carry them tomorrow when off the ship ...) and organize for a day ashore. It will be a nice change though we have become such sloths this past week that we could probably just continue on as we are and be happy. No need to hide the knives from DH so far this trip - however, if the T-mobile phone doesn't work again tomorrow ... who knows?

As I expect nothing of note to happen the rest of today - it is late afternoon here and I will just send this out now.