Horizon Court closed for dinner?

EndersFoul

Looking at the dining options PDF it looks like the Horizon court is closed for dinner on the CB, Crown, Emerald and Ruby? :eek:

Does this mean we can either do our assigned dining, room service or pay for a restaurant? Any idea why they close the buffet on these ships?

Looking at the dining options PDF it looks like the Horizon court is closed for dinner on the CB, Crown, Emerald and Ruby? :eek:

Does this mean we can either do our assigned dining, room service or pay for a restaurant? Any idea why they close the buffet on these ships?

Cafe Caribe.

No, open. The Horizon Ct. opens around 6am and closes in the late evening around 11pm. During that time it is never closed, serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner.

No, open. The Horizon Ct. opens around 6am and closes in the late evening around 11pm. During that time it is never closed, serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner.

That's what I thought but this is the link to the dining options PDF that says otherwise http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

This is contrary to my experience on Ruby and Emerald.

Horizon court would close around 18:00, and Cafe Caribe would be open in the evening.

I believe that is what ColoCruiser said, as well.

Seems it shows the Horizon Court hours from 5:30 to Midnight with the Cafe Caribe, a seperate section, open on some ships. Horizon Court SHOULD be open on ships until at least midnight.

That's what I thought but this is the link to the dining options PDF that says otherwise http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

Cafe Caribe is part of the HC aft. Its open.

Café Caribe

Casual 6:00am - 10:00am 11:30am -

Dinner. 3:30pm 5:30pm onward

Crown, Emerald, Ruby Princess

I believe the OP is referring to this specific text: (closed for dinner Caribbean, Crown, Emerald & Ruby Princess)

That text is listed for both HC and World Fresh Marketplace (same thing)

Seems bizarre but it is printed right on the info sheet.

No, it doesn't mean that. They just open a different buffet. Club Caribe is a buffet type casual dining experience located adjacent to Horizon court.

If you'll look at the last entry on the page preceding the one you mentioned for Horizon court, you'll see:

Café Caribe Casual 6:00am - 10:00am 11:30am - 3:30pm 5:30pm onward None Crown, Emerald, Ruby Princess

There are two sections of the buffet: Horizon Court and Caribe Cafe. At times both sections will be open or only one may be open .

Often during lunch, the section farther away from the pool area will have a special ethnic offering.

In any case, there will be a casual buffet open for dinner.

I saw that before and it's rather confusing especially with the CB. After the refit there is the World Marketplace and Steamers/Planks where Cafe Caribe was. pdf says WM closed for dinner?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are two sections of the buffet: Horizon Court and Caribe Cafe. At times both sections will be open or only one may be open .

Often during lunch, the section farther away from the pool area will have a special ethnic offering.

In any case, there will be a casual buffet open for dinner.

On the CB the Café Caribe has been redone to hold steamers and planks which are now for fee dining options come dinner time.

but I agree that has to be a glitch there will be a buffet open for free.

On the PDF it is confusing because there is a page break between the listings for Cafe Caribe and Horizon Court. (Even a day one IT intern should have caught that and fixed it before the final version went live).

So on Crown, Emerald and Ruby it correctly states that Cafe Caribe is open for buffet dinner after 5:30 PM.

You will see two entries below that Caribbean Princess now has World Fresh Marketplace replacing Horizon Court. I would bet the farm that the (closed for dinner...) note on that line is a transcription error made when copying and pasting (rather than directly composing) the hours in. [Further proof that those in charge of Princess publicity have likely never actually taken a Princess cruise, else they would have spotted something so illogical in a second]

We were on the Crown just last month and the Emerald last June. On both ships the buffet was open for dinner. On the Crown it was the Horizon Ct. section for sure. I can't remember if on the Emerald it was the Cafe Caribe section or the Horizon Ct. section. In any case a buffet section is open for dinner.

If you look again at the link you posted scroll down until you will see the Horizon Court look to right until you come to the column that says dinner. Here you will find the hours listed as the Horizon Court is open nightly from 5:30 to midnight for dinner.

If you look again at the link you posted scroll down until you will see the Horizon Court look to right until you come to the column that says dinner. Here you will find the hours listed as the Horizon Court is open nightly from 5:30 to midnight for dinner.

Thanks, but right under the time it lists ships that are excluded. As stated in period replies, the cafe caribe is open for dinner and is a section of the Horizon Court

Thanks, but right under the time it lists ships that are excluded. As stated in period replies, the cafe caribe is open for dinner and is a section of the Horizon Court

As stated a buffet of some sort will be open/available.