Carnival Miracle - Dress Code clarification please!!

I know what the site says for dress code, but would like opinions from those that have traveled recently. We are a very casual family, t-shirt, jeans, flip flops/sandals. I know there is no dress code for windjammer cafe, but can anyone tell me for certain if t-shirt, jeans, capri pants and what type of shoes can be worn in the main dining room on non formal nights. Also, we would not participate in formal evenings, is that an option and we just eat at the buffet? Thanks!

I don't think what ship you are on matters, but we do not dress up. For me on non elegant nights I wear "golf" attire or Hawaiian type shirt. My wife is also office casual. On Elegant nights I wear slacks and a long sleeve dress shirt, no jacket or tie.

On non-formal nights jeans, capris, t-shirts are fine. Sandals are fine but flip flops may not fly depending on staff at the time. Buffet is open every night not just formal nights. Only dress code for buffet is bathing suit cover up and shoes.

Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am absolutely NOT formal, but IMO, t shirts, jeans, BB caps should NOT be worn in the MDR. I've seen them there on the Miracle, but it's just downright tacky. While I never wear a suit, no reason dress shorts or dockers with a collared shirt can't be worn in the MDR.

I don't think what ship you are on matters, but we do not dress up. For me on non elegant nights I wear "golf" attire or Hawaiian type shirt. My wife is also office casual. On Elegant nights I wear slacks and a long sleeve dress shirt, no jacket or tie.

This is exactly what we do as do the majority of the passengers in the MDR. On non-Elegant nights I wear shorts with my Aloha shirt though.:cool:

If dress is the only thing keeping you from enjoying elegant night in the MDR, stop now! Business casual is acceptable that evening. Pretty much anything but shorts and jean (and I've even seen jeans), as long as you are meeting the minimum dress code, enjoy. IMHO, the food is better on elegant night :)

Please dress decent when in the main dining room! On the Lido deck it doesnt matter what you wear. Formal nights should be a night you dress up a little. How often do you get to do this? Have fun with it!

If dress is the only thing keeping you from enjoying elegant night in the MDR, stop now! Business casual is acceptable that evening. Pretty much anything but shorts and jean (and I've even seen jeans), as long as you are meeting the minimum dress code, enjoy. IMHO, the food is better on elegant night :)

for real - don't miss out on cruise elegant just because you think it's formal. It ain't.

I mean I get dressed up but that's because I like to - I didn't spend 600 dollars on a hand-made kilt to keep it in the closet!. You can almost go as casual as you want on elegant night as long as it's not cut-off jeans and bare feet. Besides, the plainer you are the more likely I will stand out in my fancy kilt and I'm just vain enough to enjoy the attention. ;)

I am absolutely NOT formal, but IMO, t shirts, jeans, BB caps should NOT be worn in the MDR. I've seen them there on the Miracle, but it's just downright tacky. While I never wear a suit, no reason dress shorts or dockers with a collared shirt can't be worn in the MDR.

If the food were better quality, I may consider dressing nicer. The MDR is like going to any casual dining restaurant back on land which does not require you to change your clothes after a day of tourism or shopping.

We did "Your time Dining" and wore what we were wearing that day when away from the pool area. Shorts or Capris & top. Elegant night we both just wore dresses. We were dressed better then some for sure! Here is what the Funtimes Sept 2016 says on dress code in the MDR on the Miracle. Being a LoyalRoyal we found the casualness very comfortable. We were doing Your Time dining so there was no on at our table to judge :D

Dining Room Attire: Cruise Casual

You'll love the casual, resort style vibe! Enjoy dinner in you comfiest vacation dining wear, but please note the following attire is not allowed in the restaurants: cut off jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip flops and bathing suit attire.

Dining Room Attire: Cruise Elegant

Ooh-la-la! Sometimes it's fun to get all dolled up and debonair on vacation! We know you'll totally look swanky tonight, but please note the following attire is not allowed in the dining rooms: cut off jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, shorts, t-shirts, sportsware, baseball hats, flip flops and bathing suit attire.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I always wear shorts and a tshirt in the MDR. On elegant night, I wear dockers type khakis and a polo. We're very casual also. For work I wear shorts and a polo and that's the ONLY time in life I ever "dress up" so that's as good as it gets for me. I'm not going out buying some special outfit just for a cruise dinner.

I know what the site says for dress code, but would like opinions from those that have traveled recently. We are a very casual family, t-shirt, jeans, flip flops/sandals. I know there is no dress code for windjammer cafe, but can anyone tell me for certain if t-shirt, jeans, capri pants and what type of shoes can be worn in the main dining room on non formal nights. Also, we would not participate in formal evenings, is that an option and we just eat at the buffet? Thanks!

Anything goes.

• 4 weeks later...
We did "Your time Dining" and wore what we were wearing that day when away from the pool area. Shorts or Capris & top. Elegant night we both just wore dresses. We were dressed better then some for sure! Here is what the Funtimes Sept 2016 says on dress code in the MDR on the Miracle. Being a LoyalRoyal we found the casualness very comfortable. We were doing Your Time dining so there was no on at our table to judge :D

Dining Room Attire: Cruise Casual

You'll love the casual, resort style vibe! Enjoy dinner in you comfiest vacation dining wear, but please note the following attire is not allowed in the restaurants: cut off jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip flops and bathing suit attire.

Dining Room Attire: Cruise Elegant

Ooh-la-la! Sometimes it's fun to get all dolled up and debonair on vacation! We know you'll totally look swanky tonight, but please note the following attire is not allowed in the dining rooms: cut off jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, shorts, t-shirts, sportsware, baseball hats, flip flops and bathing suit attire.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Very interesting that jeans aren't on the "not permitted" list for elegant evening. The dress code certainly has gotten very casual and I LOVE it!! we cruise in 4 weeks in July in Mexico so we have no intention of wearing nicer, more uncomfortable clothes just for a 2 hour dinner.

Very interesting that jeans aren't on the "not permitted" list for elegant evening. The dress code certainly has gotten very casual and I LOVE it!! we cruise in 4 weeks in July in Mexico so we have no intention of wearing nicer, more uncomfortable clothes just for a 2 hour dinner.

FWIW, I wear newer black jeans with black sneakers on elegant nights and no one notices a thing. However I do wear a men's blazer with open long sleeve shirt with them so that probably creates an illusion of elegance :cool:

OP, have a fun Carnival cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Just because you don't care for the look doesn't mean it can't be worn. Carnival IS the tacky dress cruise line. The only time I've seen cruisers actually dress nicely is on the longer Journeys cruises. Those cruises attract a more mature cruiser who tends to invest in more formal clothing. For the 7-day cruises and shorter, it's extremely casual.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Forums mobile app

WE are getting close to our 40th cruise. We dressed to the 9's for about the first 30 or so. We have hundreds of dress-up photos over the last 30 years, so we are all about comfort on vacation. I have to dress professionally every day for work. On vacay I am going to be as comfy as I want to be. I promise not to wear shorts, cutoffs, flip-flops, nor tennies to dinner.