Dawn Princess docked in Geraldton today 13 May

Is this her final cruise for Princess?

Pretty well the end as Dawn Princess . She is into Perth tomorrow and then leaves on a 12 day cruise to Singapore. I presume thats for drydock and the changeover to P&O . First cruise as Pacific Explorer is out of Sydney June 22

We have only tendered into Geraldton. So much better if they can dock. :)

Much, much better!

We had a shocker of a tender trip back to Dawn Princess a couple of years ago. It was quite calm when we left the ship but turned squally around lunchtime. It was a roughish ride back, When the tender tried to tie up something broke and we wallowed around in the choppy seas for at least 20 minutes before they finally sorted it out. We were both feeling a bit green around the gills after that. :eek:

Thanks David, not too long for her now before her rebadge.

Mic are you going to do a review or share your thoughts on the Moreton Island P&O cruise ? We are going there in September and I would be interested in what you thought. Cheers, Buzz.

Mic are you going to do a review or share your thoughts on the Moreton Island P&O cruise ? We are going there in September and I would be interested in what you thought. Cheers, Buzz.

Hi Buzz, wasn't planning on it as we did the same cruise back in March and this one was for my birthday. Spent a lot of time just hanging with family and friends. We did do a review for the first one though, - http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=570433

Things were similar except we ate in Salt Grill this time which was nice, the food and service was great but I felt it somewhat overpriced ($49 pp) compared to Murano's offerings.

I hope you'll do a review too. I'm curious to find out what you think of the rebranding of the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not booked as yet on the Pacific Explorer. That may change next year, if there is a short, cheap weekend cruise on offer.

It's about ten years since we have driven around Geraldton, but I think the wharf where Dawn Princess is tied up is further from the centre of town than the wharf where the tenders pull in. It is certainly much further from the HMAS Sydney Memorial. I hope they have the shuttle buses doing the circuit to the Memorial and town and back to the wharf.

Dawn Princess would be docked where the left most ship (Ocean Amazing) is docked in this pic:

Ocean Amazing - Maria - Radiance Geraldton 13-3-15

This was taken from the HMAS Sydney memorial in 2015 and has the city in the middle. The tenders berth closer to the precinct (closest right) than what Dawn Princess would have...(reference being the breakwater in both pics) .but no lost time in tendering.....Longer to load/unload tender against the walk from the berthed ship.....50/50

cya

bl262000

Of the five times we have cruised into Geraldton on Radiance, twice we anchored in the basin near the grain wharf. Then twice tended out a far distance and once half way between, near the breakwall and tendered.

Even when we were in the basin near the grain wharf we still had to tender to the usual tender wharf (near Target).

It was not a given that the ship would be allowed into the basin area, on both occasions as it depended on winds, tide and if the wharves were in use.

Can be very windy there, one time there were a few passengers disembarking and until very late in the morning didn't seem like it would happen but then the wind died down.

Edited by megsie

Hi Buzz, wasn't planning on it as we did the same cruise back in March and this one was for my birthday. Spent a lot of time just hanging with family and friends. We did do a review for the first one though, - http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=570433

Things were similar except we ate in Salt Grill this time which was nice, the food and service was great but I felt it somewhat overpriced ($49 pp) compared to Murano's offerings.

Thanks Mic, would you believe I had already read those 2 reviews and didn't make the connection = any slower I would rust , cheers, Buzz.