MSC Seaside Yacht Club Vs. RCCL Allure of Seas

jpuglvr

We have always been Royal cruisers, but I priced out a week over Thanksgiving 2018 on the Seaside in the Yacht Club and it is going to be $600 less that an interior and a balcony room on Royal! I kind of think it is a no brainer, but having never sailed MSC before, wanted to see if I can get some opinions. We have done Oasis and Quantum class on Royal and we definitely preferred Oasis to Quantum. It seemed more family friendly. Since we would be travelling with our three kids that is a concern, although they tend to go to the kids clubs a bit less in the evenings and hang with us more. I like to be pampered so I think the Yacht Club sounds great. Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!

What type of room(s) would you have on Seaside? We sailed in a 1-bedroom Aquatheater suite on Allure a few weeks ago with our 13 year old DD. We loved the ship and the suite perks. We looked at suite prices on Oasis class for a couple of dates next year and they were through the roof. So we checked prices for the YC on Seaside and ended up booking not one cruise but two.

My only concern (and it's not a big one) is that the room, which is a YC1, will feel small compared to our suite on Allure. From what I've read here, though, all the YC perks should more than make up for the smaller room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What type of room(s) would you have on Seaside? We sailed in a 1-bedroom Aquatheater suite on Allure a few weeks ago with our 13 year old DD. We loved the ship and the suite perks. We looked at suite prices on Oasis class for a couple of dates next year and they were through the roof. So we checked prices for the YC on Seaside and ended up booking not one cruise but two.

My only concern (and it's not a big one) is that the room, which is a YC1, will feel small compared to our suite on Allure. From what I've read here, though, all the YC perks should more than make up for the smaller room.

Yes, the cabin will seem smaller, especially for three people. The bathroom has only one sink so have to take turns 😁 But the perks will make it worth every minute. Enjoy.

I bit and put down a deposit. It will be a deluxe suite since it looks like they are the only ones that sleep five and family suites are sold out. I don't think the family suites are yacht club though. We have stayed in a junior suite on Anthem and I think this room will be about the same size so we should be ok. And because they matched my status on RCCL it dropped the price even more so an $800 difference. I asked them how they are making money and he laughed and said kids don't eat much but still! I can't wait, it looks like it will be amazing!

I bit and put down a deposit. It will be a deluxe suite since it looks like they are the only ones that sleep five and family suites are sold out. I don't think the family suites are yacht club though. We have stayed in a junior suite on Anthem and I think this room will be about the same size so we should be ok. And because they matched my status on RCCL it dropped the price even more so an $800 difference. I asked them how they are making money and he laughed and said kids don't eat much but still! I can't wait, it looks like it will be amazing!

And just think you can save on drinks with the Yacht club, so that $800 you save now makes it a better saving as all drinks, soda, water through alcohol, etc will be included.

Same here. The sky suites are crazy priced for 2018. We booked 4 cruises on seaside yc1 for 2018. For the price of one week on oasis in a crown loft suite we got 2 weeks on seaside in a yc1. Royal is pricing this d+ cruising family to try other lines.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We have always been Royal cruisers, but I priced out a week over Thanksgiving 2018 on the Seaside in the Yacht Club and it is going to be $600 less that an interior and a balcony room on Royal! I kind of think it is a no brainer, but having never sailed MSC before, wanted to see if I can get some opinions. We have done Oasis and Quantum class on Royal and we definitely preferred Oasis to Quantum. It seemed more family friendly. Since we would be travelling with our three kids that is a concern, although they tend to go to the kids clubs a bit less in the evenings and hang with us more. I like to be pampered so I think the Yacht Club sounds great. Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!

Welcome to the crowd. MSC is unloading on new ships and premium offerings in the Yacht Club. It is stunning, and a great, great experience. The VALUE is simply ridiculous. We're booked on B3B Seasides after our first MSC experience on Divina YC with a mix of co-travelers. NCL Haven, which is really nice, is almost $1.5K more per person. RCCL, which we also really like, can't touch the 'club within a club of NCL and MSC as they just don't have it.

We love all of the lines, just right now, as MSC appears to be building a CRUISER BASE in preparation for their $9B expansion of ships and island and we plan to take the most advantage of their VALUE pricing as we can.

Still keeping our NCL Escape booking in December and our Anthem 12N SC in January, but $ for $ the YC experience on MSC is currently the best value on the seas (IMO).

Follow my recent posts on the YC B2B recently for reviews.

GLTY.

Just my two cents, I find RCCL very expensive.

Same here! We haven't tried Royal because we constantly compare prices with MSC, which always wins hands down. We wouldn't mind paying more if we were ensured a more enhanced experience, but, having tried that once on Celebrity, we reckon paying more doesn't necessarily get you more. We'd rather do YC any day.

I don't believe you'll get better anywhere for the price - a Sky Suite on X didn't come next nor near to what YC offers and was more expensive! AND the water in the cabin was extra, as was the mini-bar. Everything, bar premium brands, is included in YC.

MSC is hands down winning in prices for me at the moment.

I booked my family if 4, 2 Adults 2 Kids Lido Balcony -5K on the Vista in July 8 days. No drink package or speciality dining included. I booked it knowing it was high, but it's a new ship and I want to go on it.

Booked same family on MSC Seaside YC May 2018 -4500. 8 day as well, but I am getting so much more for my $$$$$. It's a no brainer.

Im Diamond on Royal Caribbean, we were at Divina last month we enjoyed so much our YC Suite that we booked 2 weeks for summer and one week for spring all of them on Seaside. Was hard for us to cancel RCL but in the end we got a YC suite for less than a balcony on Royal Caribbean so we jump ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Moments ago we booked a YC1 Deluxe Suite on Seaside for late April. We just returned two weeks ago from a YC1 on MSC Divina. The interior of the cabin seemed only slightly larger than a veranda cabin on Celebrity and most other lines. The big difference was in the huge bathroom with a long & deep tub and a walk-in-closet with plenty of storage. The balcony was disappointingly tiny, but we understand will be enlarged significantly on Seaside. We loved the Yacht Club experience and although more expensive than we are used to spending, we consider it to be worthwhile. Top shelf drinks are free all over the ship. No free drink pkg on NCCL, bummer !

• 7 months later...

We'll the verdict is in, sorry Royal, we appreciate everything that you have done for us. Our 1st cruise way back when the Navigator came out, wow can you believe that it's been almost 25 years of sailing with you. After over 200 points and D+ status and free drinks in the afternoon, we are switching and cruising in the Yacht club. Plus friends from Wilmington just signed up for the Yacht club too.

On Oasis Class ships, JR Suites+ get Dining in the California Kitchen, in the old Viking Crown Lounge. Full Suites get this three meals a day and a full beverage package. Plus they do get breakfast/lunch at Chops Steakhouse. Other than that, they get the same benefits as the rest of the ship. YC looks much better and a much lower price, that JR or Full Suites on Royal!

On Oasis Class ships, JR Suites+ get Dining in the California Kitchen, in the old Viking Crown Lounge. Full Suites get this three meals a day and a full beverage package. Plus they do get breakfast/lunch at Chops Steakhouse. Other than that, they get the same benefits as the rest of the ship. YC looks much better and a much lower price, that JR or Full Suites on Royal!

Well, for the Jr Suites on Oasis Class ships,...sometimes they do ....and sometimes they don't. The Jr Suites are supposed to have dinner (only) in Coastal Kitchen. However, they have to make reservations daily, their cards do not open the CK door, they have to stand there and wait for someone to see them and many times they will be told no availability for Jr. Suites.

I have researched this a lot, and this is one reason I'm now booked in a YC suite on Seaside instead of Allure.

You made the right choice! You will never look back after the YC. My family has taken many RCCL cruises. Most recently on the Anthem--you can't compare even being in a grand suite on Anthem to the YC on MSC. I would compare it to the Sky/Star class system they have going at RCCL. I haven't been in the sky/star so I can't say for sure but am purely commenting from what I have read on this forum.

Have fun!!!