Hotel suggestions for San Juan

denthygmeech

we stay at the embassy suites - four of us, so get the two doubles with sleep sofa so kids dont have to share a bed. free cooked to order breakfast and free drinks and snacks at happy hour - also about a two block walk to beach, with free chairs, umbrellas and towels - also really nice pool at the hotel with outdoor food and bar. Five minutes from airport (and grocery store next door to get wine for cruise) and ten to 15 minutes from pier.

Stayed at Best Western Condado Plaza for 4 nights before the Jewel cruise.

Budget hotel, a block from the beach, CVS, Walgreens & bus to OSJ right by the hotel, b'fast included, clean and excellent service.

Enjoyed our stay, highly recommended.

We've stayed at Sheraton Old San Juan, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn and Courtyard Miramar (three times). Another place we have stayed at that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Holiday Inn Express. It's not far from the pier or Old San Juan and it's within walking distance of the beach and several nice places to eat. We're staying at the Embassy Suites again next spring.

Have you ever been to San Juan before? If not, I strongly recommend you spend some time visiting Old San Juan. For that reason, I would recommend one of the hotels that are closer to Old San Juan so you can save a little on taxi fare going back and forth.

I second LaConcha. It was beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure about your dates but we got LaConcha on priceline for a very good price for the end of January (98.00!!) Someone on my rollcall had booked it so they directed me to the right hotel. It was an express deal which cannot be cancelled.

We were traveling in a group of 8 that would have needed 3 hotel rooms. I found a great airbnb in OSJ that could house us all for one night and saved $400. Best decision in San Juan. The apartment/house was within minutes walking distance two both of the forts and our cruise ship terminal.

We were traveling in a group of 8 that would have needed 3 hotel rooms. I found a great airbnb in OSJ that could house us all for one night and saved $400. Best decision in San Juan. The apartment/house was within minutes walking distance two both of the forts and our cruise ship terminal.

We have a group of nine. Can I ask which Air bnb you used?

We have a group of nine. Can I ask which Air bnb you used?

This is the place we got for the night. It only sleeps 8, though. It's not super fancy, but it was good for one night. There was only one bathroom, so everyone had to take turns...our group had 5 adults, 1 teenage boy, and 2 pre-teen boys. Worked just fine for us and I loved how I was able to save $400.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6811777

Do any of the hotels recommended on this thread offer an airport shuttle? What we're looking for is: 1). free breakfast. 2). Shuttle service from airport and to pier. Is there such a thing in san Juan?

Holiday Inn Express offers free breakfast. I highly recommend them. We were very pleased with everything about them. No free shuttles that I know of. Taxis are plentiful and run about $20 any where you go, i.e. airport to hotel, hotel to pier.

Stayed at Best Western Condado Plaza for 4 nights before the Jewel cruise.

Budget hotel, a block from the beach, CVS, Walgreens & bus to OSJ right by the hotel, b'fast included, clean and excellent service.

Enjoyed our stay, highly recommended.

It depends on what you consider a block. It's a good 15-20 minute (about 3/4 of a mile) walk from the Condado Plaza to the intersection where CVS and Walgreen's face each other. There is a bus stop right by the hotel, though.

It depends on what you consider a block. It's a good 15-20 minute (about 3/4 of a mile) walk from the Condado Plaza to the intersection where CVS and Walgreen's face each other. There is a bus stop right by the hotel, though.

Thank you, Stinger-pr, my bad. My mushy brain in full bloom... :D

We stayed at Best Western Condado Palm & Suites, not Condado Plaza...

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots of good hotel recommendations but I am unfamiliar with the areas so don't know which area to consider. We would like somewhere that we can walk to some interesting shops and great restaurants and bars. Probably won't need a beach. Can you give me an idea of which area I should be looking for? The only place we have been is the shopping area where the ships dock. Didn't see much except a lot of stores we have at home.

There are lots of good hotel recommendations but I am unfamiliar with the areas so don't know which area to consider. We would like somewhere that we can walk to some interesting shops and great restaurants and bars. Probably won't need a beach. Can you give me an idea of which area I should be looking for? The only place we have been is the shopping area where the ships dock. Didn't see much except a lot of stores we have at home.

We stayed at Sheraton-Old San Juan. It was great. Short walk to down town osj. Nice restaurants and bars. Felt very safe.

• 1 month later...

We will be there next April and we rented a house. If you look at VRBO #4178342 Lincoln Corner, beautiful home, great reviews and in an awesome location. Tons more on there as well.

We started renting houses a few years back and we love it! It is cheaper than a hotel when you need more than one room for your party. It may not work out cheaper for a couple, but I am always looking at more than a one bedroom apt or house.

Hotels are very expensive in Old San Juan and renting a house from the locals is an awesome way to support them and much nicer than a hotel.

Good Luck in your search. (You can also look at Airbnb)

Stayed st la concha. It was one of those Hotwire deals and got a steal for it. We had a problem with the door lock though and were locked out of the room for an hour as they tried to get us back in but besides that it was great!

Stayed st la concha. It was one of those Hotwire deals and got a steal for it. We had a problem with the door lock though and were locked out of the room for an hour as they tried to get us back in but besides that it was great!

We already have reservations there but I'd love to go through Hotwire to get a better price. You remember what area or anything like that would give anybody a clue as to the name of the hotel

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We already have reservations there but I'd love to go through Hotwire to get a better price. You remember what area or anything like that would give anybody a clue as to the name of the hotel

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Condado area (spelling it's early lol). 4 star wifi conference area. Then night life in the area was awesome. I remember just standing on our balcony and people watching.

Which cruise lines leave from this Pier?

There are two ports...Old Town and Pan American Pier.....what cruiseline are you sailing on and is it a departure or day port stop ?