In room movies with no dive-in movies?

cruisemom67

We will be on a Fantasy class next month. The Dive in movies have been posted. We haven't been on a Fantasy class since they started doing the Dive-In Movies. Can anyone tell me if the list of the "dive-in" movies will be played somewhere on our ship? Fantasy-class doesn't have a big screen. In Room? In a lounge? It's not THAT important, but was thinking I wanted to see a couple of the movies listed and with a port-intensive itinerary, I think I may want a little down time.

They do not repurpose any public room to act as a movie theater.

Whether the dive-in movies are the same as the in-cabin movies, I could not tell you as I never turn on the cabin tv. I do not cruise to watch tv or movies.

• Haha 1

When we were on the Fantasy in February there was at least one night that a movie was shown in a public venue. Not sure if they were on the Dive in list or not. The TV movies are like in the other ships. Two channels and the movies repeat. Not the same as the Dive-in.

I can't believe Carnival doesn't offer On Demand movies in their cabins yet! At least they didn't on the Conquest last month. Their setup is like the old school PPV where you have to wait for the movie to start at an exact time! I really enjoyed the free On Demand movies on Celebrity. Hopefully other cruise lines will get with the times!

I can't believe Carnival doesn't offer On Demand movies in their cabins yet! At least they didn't on the Conquest last month. Their setup is like the old school PPV where you have to wait for the movie to start at an exact time! I really enjoyed the free On Demand movies on Celebrity. Hopefully other cruise lines will get with the times!

They did on the Miracle in August 2016 and in March 2017. We always usually need some down time to watch a movie. They also played a movie in a public venue (not sure where, we watched a movie in the cabin).

• Like 1

We will be on a Fantasy class next month. The Dive in movies have been posted. We haven't been on a Fantasy class since they started doing the Dive-In Movies. Can anyone tell me if the list of the "dive-in" movies will be played somewhere on our ship? Fantasy-class doesn't have a big screen. In Room? In a lounge? It's not THAT important, but was thinking I wanted to see a couple of the movies listed and with a port-intensive itinerary, I think I may want a little down time.

We just sailed on a fantasy sister ship the Sensation in March they did play a few movies throughout the cruise in the same large lounge at the back of the ship where comedy is held. I can't remember the lounge name of course but it's a pretty good sized lounge! They weren't branded as dive-in movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They did on the Miracle in August 2016 and in March 2017. We always usually need some down time to watch a movie. They also played a movie in a public venue (not sure where, we watched a movie in the cabin).

Ah ok, perhaps it's just the old ships that are aren't equipped for it then. I'm cruising the Vista next April so maybe that'll have the new system. I gotta say the TVs in the cabins on the Vista look great, nice and large!

Only the newer Celebrity ships offer the on demand movies; the M class ships have the same as Carnival - movies start every couple of hours on certain channels.

Carnival also offers in room pay per view movies at $4.99 a movie - this is a much better price than either Royal ($12.99) or Celebrity ($13.49-$15.99).

They do not repurpose any public room to act as a movie theater.

Whether the dive-in movies are the same as the in-cabin movies, I could not tell you as I never turn on the cabin tv. I do not cruise to watch tv or movies.

Inspiration showed movies in a lounge a few times on a 5 day cruise.

Inspiration and Imagination are showing movies in the comedy lounge, Promenade deck.

Miracle is showing movies in it's comedy lounge on deck 1.

Inspiration and Imagination are showing movies in the comedy lounge, Promenade deck.

Miracle is showing movies in it's comedy lounge on deck 1.

Thank you for the replies. I don't "cruise to watch movies or tv" either, but sometimes people do need downtime. Our itinerary will have 6 stops in 7 days, and we have big plans for each day. Plus we are going with my parents who are 77 and 74. It would be nice to have a few options. I had heard about some of the ships playing movies in the comedy lounge, but just didn't know if those were the "dive-in" movies. There are a few of those dive-in movies I would like to see. On 16 cruises I haven't completed watching one movie (even on ships with dive-in) but with a heavy port itinerary, I want some options!

• Like 1

On the Miracle we saw Sing and Fantastic Beasts. Rogue 1 was also shown. These were also shown on the Imagination.

Perfect! That is just what I wanted to know! I want to see Sing and Fantastic Beasts. I don't know if I will watch them or not on ship, but at least they are available! For our 3 generations going, I am sure someone will be happy to see one of them.

Ah ok, perhaps it's just the old ships that are aren't equipped for it then. I'm cruising the Vista next April so maybe that'll have the new system. I gotta say the TVs in the cabins on the Vista look great, nice and large!

The Vista has an "On Demand" movie channel. Some titles are free, and there are some that you pay for. No point in listing the titles available on our recent cruise. I'm sure they'll be entirely different by April of next year. By the way, there were a few pay-per-view titles that were shown free on the Dive-In movie screen.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1676044209104800&id=144285012280735

John Heald May 17 post on FB.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks much, I tried to find it on FB but did not see it. We are on a 5 day cruise for pure relaxation and looking forward to seeing many of these. Hope they play on our cruise.

• 4 years later...

They did on the Miracle but they weren't the on demand type. They were the way Carnival has presented 4 or 5 movies at various times since 1991. This makes it necessary to schedule your day to be in your cabin if you want to see a movie rather than, for example, on the Panorama where you can view free on demand films whenever you like. YMMV depending the ship you are on and what TV system they are using to the cabins.

I realize this thread is 5 years old but the post before me asks a question still valid today on Carnival.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

Vista 3/26-4/2 had a good, long list of free on demand movies. However, remote control didn't seem to work for crap. Variety of old and newer movies, rotated every third day. Noticed free viewing ended and seems it was $4.99 the last night. This was definitely better than the limited movies in-room on Sunshine 12/26. Why dig up 5 year old threads?