Studio cabins

Kenny1080

Traveling on Epic soon with mother in law. She has a studio room, would it be ok for her to babysit our todler in her studio cabin and have him sleep in her room? Rather than her babysit him in our room?

Not sure if there is any rules around this.

I don't think there are rules against it but the room is very small so it maybe a tight squeeze for babysitting. Not a lot of room for an active toddler. Maybe she cab babysit in your cabin till the baby's bedtime and then go to her cabin when it's bedtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, the hope was to tire him out so he would only go there to sleep, either in cot or with Grandma. I just wasn't sure if there was any rules preventing this.

On that point can we access the studio rooms to go meet the mother in law? I'm unclear if studio rooms are linked to the solo lounge.

Thanks, the hope was to tire him out so he would only go there to sleep, either in cot or with Grandma. I just wasn't sure if there was any rules preventing this.

On that point can we access the studio rooms to go meet the mother in law? I'm unclear if studio rooms are linked to the solo lounge.

The room in the studios is a very nice size and I cannot imagine anyone saying anything about him sleeping there. It is however behind a locked door and you will not be able to get back to the cabin unless someone lets you into the area.

There is an access door to the studio rooms that is only accessible if you are in a studio cabin. You would have to ring her cabin so she could let you the access door.

Also there wouldn't be room for a cot but the bed is a full size bed so you're toddler could share the bed with you're mother in law with out them being cramped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traveling on Epic soon with mother in law. She has a studio room, would it be ok for her to babysit our todler in her studio cabin and have him sleep in her room? Rather than her babysit him in our room?

Not sure if there is any rules around this.

Call me rude, but access to the studios is usually restricted which means nice and quiet. Studios are only booked one person per cabin ( I know stated capacity is two). Both of these reasons lend to their popularity. If my quiet stateroom was interrupted by a screaming or crying kid I'd be calling guest services ( not that they would do anything). If I'm in a studio, it means my kids aren't with me, so why should I have to deal with someone else's kids?

Maybe you can just have your wife get an extra key for your mil cabin so when/if you want, you can get to her cabin without having to call her cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm booked into a studio myself, although it's my first, so I don't have experience with it.

There's only one bed, and you're highly unlikely to get a cot brought in because the whole point of studios is that they're for solos at a solo rate (otherwise, people would book a studio for two people to save money). I don't know where you'd put it, either--it's a small space. I suppose she could share the bed with him, though--there are no bed police (I hope!).

As for accessing the studio area in general, my understanding is that the door to the studios is only accessible via a studio keycard, but it's occasionally left open/unlocked, particularly for the pre-dinner meeting (as some people are traveling solo but not in a studio and need to be able to access the lounge for that meet-up).

I'm getting my studio to be away from kiddos. I assumed it would be an adults only place since you must be a solo to be in there and not too many kids/babies are solos?? hmmmm...maybe i shouldn't have assumed that!!

No rules - you can have 12 people sleep in there if you want - just can't book them into it. The walls are very thin - I heard every toilet flush from the cabins around me. That said, there is plenty of room for a pack n play in the room.

No rules - you can have 12 people sleep in there if you want - just can't book them into it. The walls are very thin - I heard every toilet flush from the cabins around me. That said, there is plenty of room for a pack n play in the room.

True you can only book one person per stateroom but I'm sure for fire/safety codes that two is the limit.

Ummm...not sure a pack and play would fit. If you did manage it the MIL wouldn't be able to get to the bathroom, let alone open the room door all the way.

As to noise, my other suggestion would be to make sure your MIL doesn't have one of the many connecting rooms. It is shown on the floor plans. To this point to not disturb others maybe she should select one of the rooms with the "empty" white space around it it. That will give her buffers as those are usually crew hallways, closets ect.

Just know, and I am not trying to be rude or against children as I have them too, however, a major perk for those that book the studios are to get away and not have kids in the halls or the lounge. Many people use that lounge to read and just enjoy the quiet.

I hope you find a way to make it work, although one night in that small room with a toddler might be the only night. :) Its about the size of a medium bathroom. (That being said I love staying in them)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I also don't anticipate finding small children in the studio space, and if I do I'm likely to be unhappy. It will be my first cruise and having this area dedicated to adult solo travelers was why I booked the Epic.

Sorry guys, not meaning to ruin anyone's holiday, I was just looking for info whether it would be allowed or not. He won't be roaming the solo lounge, if he does stay with Grandma it will be one night and only going to the room to sleep, he's almost 2 so chances of screaming and crying are pretty minimal

Don't be surprised if he does happen to cry and scream in her cabin that people around her will call guest services and complain about the noise. Not to be snarky but it sounds like he is well behaved because I've come across some 2 year olds and man oh man! The studio cabins are adults only. I've stayed in a studio and a cot will not fit, not sure if she will cosleep with him in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can only speak to german booking as each Country seems to have different rules by NCL (f.e. we do not have the bidding thing but cannot book without UBP). The Studio can only be booked by one person and the first person has to be an adult. From that i strongly believe that Studio is adults only.

Sorry guys, not meaning to ruin anyone's holiday, I was just looking for info whether it would be allowed or not. He won't be roaming the solo lounge, if he does stay with Grandma it will be one night and only going to the room to sleep, he's almost 2 so chances of screaming and crying are pretty minimal

Many people are nicely trying to tell you that the Studios are for adults. They aren't anti-children, but they want an adult area and that's why they booked it. Please respect that and keep the child in your own stateroom.

Why not reverse your thinking? Have MIL stay with the toddler in your cabin and you guys take the studio for your date night?

That way the child is in more familiar surroundings and if he does get a bit cranky, it won't be upsetting to solo studio adult cruisers.

Why not reverse your thinking? Have MIL stay with the toddler in your cabin and you guys take the studio for your date night?

That way the child is in more familiar surroundings and if he does get a bit cranky, it won't be upsetting to solo studio adult cruisers.

I'm sure there is a reason why they want the 2 year old out of the cabin that night and I wouldn't want them using my cabin LOL

The studios are adults only. Which I was personally appreciative of. I did see kids in the lounge eating cookies and visiting family members in the afternoon, and I was fine with that. I would say you switch rooms with MIL, and make sure everyone's sheets get switched the next day.

Just another person echoing the sentiment re: studios being for adults. I like kids, but I book a studio cabin because it's a little quieter without them running up and down the hall. The studios are intended as an adult area, I don't expect to encounter any children when I'm in the hall or lounge there. And if I did happen to hear one crying in the room next door, I'd be calling guest services.

On my last cruise, a woman staying in a studio cabin brought her family into the lounge, including kids. I didn't say anything, but a crew member eventually showed up and explained that the lounge is intended for people staying in the studio cabins only. They were not pleased, but they left.

As a solo cruiser who loves the studio cabins, I have to agree with those who have said it's an adults-only area. That's one of the benefits of sailing in a studio. While the toddler may not cry and scream, I've yet to meet a quiet two-year old. I'm definitely not anti-children (raised six of them!), but I don't want to see or hear them in the studio area.

As for accessing the studio area in general, my understanding is that the door to the studios is only accessible via a studio keycard, but it's occasionally left open/unlocked, particularly for the pre-dinner meeting (as some people are traveling solo but not in a studio and need to be able to access the lounge for that meet-up).

It's not the door to the studios that is left open for the evening meetings, it's the door to the studio lounge. Most of the studios are on other hallways along the center of the ship that have separate doors and can't be accessed simply by going through the lounge.

Although adult only as you have to be 21 to book it, we've booked an adult in then swapped onboard so our son had the room. The HD had no issue and even helped switch keys over but he was 17 not a toddler. I do agree however that they are not aimed at toddlers so you could let her have your room that evening and the two of you share her studio bed, it's a squeeze but only a suggestion

Sent from my iPad using Forums