Dining Suggestions - Sydney

Yeah not sure where any clubs are now other than the leagues, used to go to City of Sydney RSL a bit, back in the day.

NSW leagues still does a good feed, (currently undergoing renovations but be back soon I believe).

City of Sydney RSL is still going on George St. NSW Leagues went bust, the Travelodge Hotel above is still going, stayed there a couple of times.:halo:

NSW Bowlers in Kent St still going, but called something else now. City Tattersalls Club in Pitt St, still going and good for dinner, been in there a couple of times in past 2 years.

darling harbor has heaps too some have good deals as well, had a small meal at the Meat co they were good they are pricey but worth it so many to chose from

Hurricanes at Darling Harbour is good.

City of Sydney RSL is still going on George St. NSW Leagues went bust, the Travelodge Hotel above is still going, stayed there a couple of times.:halo:

NSW Bowlers in Kent St still going, but called something else now. City Tattersalls Club in Pitt St, still going and good for dinner, been in there a couple of times in past 2 years.

Thanks Les.

Forgot Tatts, used to go to City of Sydney a fair bit.

I believe Leagues is being renovated getting conflicting reports if it will be Leagues club again or part of Travelodge.

I think the Oaks is on "the other side" of darling harbour, so no train but I "Think" there is a light rail station not far.

My biggest suggestion for a visitor is always the zoo, great views, ferry trip, see some native animals.

Yes, the zoo is on the list already. 'the other side' sounds ominous. Other side of what :o

I'll start a new thread close to the time when I have some specific questions to ask.

Yes, the zoo is on the list already. 'the other side' sounds ominous. Other side of what :o

I'll start a new thread close to the time when I have some specific questions to ask.

The other side of Cockle Bay to the CBD.

Not a bad spot, just a little far from the main train lines, but as I said inTHINK there is alight rail stop there that will take you to Central.

For authentic Greek food you can't beat Diethnes in Pitt Street or the Athenian in Barrack Street. Both have been Sydney institutions for at least 40 years.

The Athenian certainly is, and good value for money too.

I haven't tried Diethnes.

Update with your preferences and I'm sure we can be more specific.

One of my favourites is Contrabando - a little latin place a couple blocks from Circular Quay. It's far enough away that it can't just rely on passing tourists and street appeal, and it's actually deliberately an underground place.

Thai town is vaguely surrounding the Capitol Theatre and there are plenty of mid priced thai eateries with fantastic food.

Some of my favourite sushi would be sushi hotaru at the Galleries, though there are some fantastic Japanese places around Sydney including ones that are more foodie/upmarket fare.

Farmhouse at Kings Cross is definitely foodie fare. A little pricier but every food lover I've known to go there has loved it.

There is so much good food in Sydney. I'm surprised every time!

i stayed capital square hotel i think same street as Thai town there were some lovely looking places across the road from my hotel china town was on the other side of George st not far from Campbell st where Thai town is i think i went to the one across the street was quite nice

I love Sydney's asian and asian fusion food:

- Regent Place on George street near Town Hall. Lots of Asian eateries to choose from and a great atmosphere. Casual and fun.

- Spice Alley, Kensington street, Chippendale. Cheap eats in a nice outdoor setting near Central station (https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydney/food-and-drink/article/central-parks-new-spice-alley)

- Longrain - this is a really nice restaurant. Bit more expensive. Definitely try the filled eggnet...delicious!

- Red Lantern - Luke Nguyen's restaurant. Just one word....cocktails!!!

Hope you enjoy wherever you choose to eat in Sydney.

If you like Indian, The Spice Room (2 Philip St, Circular Quay) is well reviewed on Tripadvisor and I have always found the food and service to be excellent. It is quite small so you may need to book. Prices are pretty good and they have a very detailed website with menus etc to get an idea of dishes and costs.

WOW, again! I am so very appreciative of the great recommendations provided by all of you! Now I wish we would have planned more days in Sydney just to give all these recommendations a try!

Thank you!!!

Denise

WOW, again! I am so very appreciative of the great recommendations provided by all of you! Now I wish we would have planned more days in Sydney just to give all these recommendations a try!

Thank you!!!

Denise

You are likely to find that most Aussies love to help visitors. (Provided the visitors are nice).

The Aussies we've met over the years are really nice! And, I am nice, as well! :)

Great to hear.

Enjoy your stay and ask if there's anything else we can hinder you with:confused:;p:D