Price adjustment = lose perks?

LoDivaLoca

So I tried to search through the forums and can't seem to get a solid answer.

I didn't make my final payment yet. (I got the UBP free, and free taxes/port fees when I booked). I see that the price has gone down. Do I email and ask for an adjustment? Will I lose my perks? Has anyone actually gone through this before? TIA

Call and ask.

Typically, if you re-price a cruise before final payment, you will lose your previous promotions/perks and you will get the current promo/perks.

Just call tomorrow and find out -- make it clear to the rep that you want to fully understand what you will be losing and what you will be getting PRIOR to committing to any changes.

As you are before final payment the chances are you will lose the perks from the original booking and get the perks available for the new booking. BUT phone NCL and ask for an answer to be sent in writing explaining fully what your will lose an what you will gain and how the price adjustment will occur.

I don't know if those answers above are across the board but we booked with an online TA and our cruise price went down about $80 a month or so ago. We are 5 months away from final payment.She adjusted the price without rebooking us or changing anything. She told me to always keep an eye out for lower prices ( before final payment ) and call to get it adjusted. So it can't hurt to call them and see how it goes for you.

I don't know if those answers above are across the board but we booked with an online TA and our cruise price went down about $80 a month or so ago. We are 5 months away from final payment.She adjusted the price without rebooking us or changing anything. She told me to always keep an eye out for lower prices ( before final payment ) and call to get it adjusted. So it can't hurt to call them and see how it goes for you.

I would have to say that this is more correct, and we booked our Alaska cruise direct on-line with NCL. My experience has been like this.

When we originally booked our Alaska cruise(coming up this August and now past final payment) in January of 2016, the AARP discount was still available, which we used. We originally booked a suite as there were four of us and we were dividing the cost of the cruise four ways. When one of our party dropped out and another was threatening to due to costs, we changed cabins to a balcony. When the prices dropped lower, very recently, we were able to upgrade to a mini-suite. All of the cabin switches and upgrades were done over the phone and WITHOUT CANCELLING AND RE-BOOKING, which would have lost me the AARP discount.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with how you ask. If you approach it without demanding the PCC jump through hoops for you, you might just be surprised.

I would have to say that this is more correct, and we booked our Alaska cruise direct on-line with NCL. My experience has been like this.

When we originally booked our Alaska cruise(coming up this August and now past final payment) in January of 2016, the AARP discount was still available, which we used. We originally booked a suite as there were four of us and we were dividing the cost of the cruise four ways. When one of our party dropped out and another was threatening to due to costs, we changed cabins to a balcony. When the prices dropped lower, very recently, we were able to upgrade to a mini-suite. All of the cabin switches and upgrades were done over the phone and WITHOUT CANCELLING AND RE-BOOKING, which would have lost me the AARP discount.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with how you ask. If you approach it without demanding the PCC jump through hoops for you, you might just be surprised.

It might be possible to find someone willing to do as you say but it certainly is not the norm. Cancel/rebook is the norm but the promos usually stay the same with only every once in a while NCL offering something better like a pick 2. So most of the time you will still be able to keep the same promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our experience with my TA has always been they cancel and rebook to get the new lower price (before final payment), which also adjusted the perks to the current offer. I compare the amount saved in reduced cruise fare to the value of the perk. On our POA cruise last year, it was a savings in cruise fare of almost $3,000 against losing $100 OBC, which made rebooking a no brainer for us. Our TA has warned, that sometimes if there are few cabins left in the category that we could lose our cabin selection during that process, although it has not yet happened to us.

OK, so I just called & spoke with Steve. He advised that if I were to rebook at the current prices, that yes, I would have to go with the promo the way it is now (and lose the promo perks I had). The difference between the promo & perks was about $9.... not worth it for me to change my booking. He did advise however, that after I make my final payment, if the price drops, he can make an adjustment (OBC) or an upgrade. This surprised me..... who knew??

after I make my final payment, if the price drops, he can make an adjustment (OBC) or an upgrade. This surprised me..... who knew??

Perhaps.

The fact is that you are entitled to NOTHING after final payment. No adjustments, no lower price, no OBC, nothing. They sometimes offer a little bit of OBC just to get you off the phone. And they may work an upgrade on a case-by-case basis, but there is no steadfast rule that you get OBC or an upgrade. Again, you are entitled to nothing after final payment.

OK, so I just called & spoke with Steve. He advised that if I were to rebook at the current prices, that yes, I would have to go with the promo the way it is now (and lose the promo perks I had). The difference between the promo & perks was about $9.... not worth it for me to change my booking. He did advise however, that after I make my final payment, if the price drops, he can make an adjustment (OBC) or an upgrade. This surprised me..... who knew??

What perks did you have vs what is available now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did advise however, that after I make my final payment, if the price drops, he can make an adjustment (OBC) or an upgrade. This surprised me..... who knew??

If he is advising that, I might try calling back and ask someone else. While I believe the info he gave you about needing to switch perks is correct - this part is clearly not correct. Upgrade yes, adjustment via OBC, no.

So I tried to search through the forums and can't seem to get a solid answer.

I didn't make my final payment yet. (I got the UBP free, and free taxes/port fees when I booked). I see that the price has gone down. Do I email and ask for an adjustment? Will I lose my perks? Has anyone actually gone through this before? TIA

do not depend on Email: make a phone call and try to work it out.A lot depends on what they are offering right now. It is worth a try at least.

Thanks again, all. I will check again in the morning and see if the price is still down & if so, I will call.

However, I'm wondering if I had a TA, would things be different?

I'm still considering my booking to a TA...